Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

I'd say 1500 - 2500 would be a good price, as its 19 years old and those cars were built to be driven hard, and most were. Is there much of a demand for them now? lads under 20 probably wont get insured on them any more, and that was the main demographic of their owners.
    There were lots of them around my college in the early to mid naughties.

Got my one when I was 20 in 2010 and kept it for 4 years. Went to sell it on in 2014 as I had outgrown it and barely got 1500 for it. 99 model with rare factory recaro interior and 1 previous owner. Kind of miss it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Pops_20 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-glanza-turbo/19932484

Are these really making this much nowadays? It's not long since similar examples bottomed out around 1500-2500.

You’re spot on there. That price is very much on the high side.

miece16 wrote: »
    Got my one when I was 20 in 2010 and kept it for 4 years. Went to sell it on in 2014 as I had outgrown it and barely got 1500 for it. 99 model with rare factory recaro interior and 1 previous owner. Kind of miss it

About 10 years ago I was mad for one. I was driving a gt punto at the time. Took a friends one for a spin and almost ditched it on the first bend. The handling of them was horrible for such a small car. The punto was no great car by any standards but felt way safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Haha yep! Probably the first car I ever saw in the flesh as a child and went... “wow” that is cool. Started me off on my Mazda buzz of the late 90s, I owned one of them, then the 323 that came after it then a Jap import MX3. At the time I thought they were rocketships!

Haha same here, used to be big into my mazda's and it started off because I learned to drive in my dads 323 F

Got my own 323F V6 which I thought was the bees knees , then an MX3 V6 followed by an RX-8..

Mazda have really lost their way now , which is a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I'd say 1500 - 2500 would be a good price, as its 19 years old and those cars were built to be driven hard, and most were. Is there much of a demand for them now? lads under 20 probably wont get insured on them any more, and that was the main demographic of their owners.
    There were lots of them around my college in the early to mid naughties.

Getting hard got for that money, they're very a finite resource nowadays with most being dead, broken or sold to the UK.

It would cost you about 7k to get one in and cleared from Japan, if you could locate one that is..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

Muppet Man wrote: »
    60k euro for a 12 year old Mercedes

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl-class-cl65-amg-6-0-v12-bi-turb/19278425

Granted I know it’s very special, but jaysis who would pay that money to run a 6litre v12

How do you even come up with a value for that.

The only reason I ended up googling it was I was watching a barret Jackson car auction live from Las Vegas (discovery turbo) and the exact same year CL65 Amg sold for 17k USD. I was curious how much it would be in Ireland. Some difference!

Muppet man

That's an incredibly rare car. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds
    612 bhp with 738ftlb torque. They do go for solid money. there's only one on Autotrader UK.
    I wouldn't buy the one Duke posted, never buy the first gen merc, wait for the facelift when they fix all the problems

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    612 bhp with 738ftlb torque. They do go for solid money. there's only one on Autotrader UK.
    I wouldn't buy the one Duke posted, never buy the first gen merc, wait for the facelift when they fix all the problems

That is a very relevant (and wise) point..if the car was new or nearly new.

It’s 11 years old though. Any manufacturer-related problems are likely long sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

So £36k is about €40...and the 36% vrt would be based on the omsp which would probably be based on the only comparable one....so 36% of 60k ,nearly 22 making over 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,378 ✭✭✭✭elperello

That 406 is a €700 car to me. Would not pay a cent more.

Here is one with NCT for 650e

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A neighbour had a black 1992' 323F back in the day and I thought it was a sports car! Those lights popped up like a Testarossa. They were really cool looking in the day. Shame it was no quicker then a 121.

I had a black 92 323F 1.8 GT and it was a reasonably fast car back in its day, the 1.6 model was slow though as I also had a 91 version with the carb engine and it was dog slow. The 92> model which was fuel injected was slightly faster and more responsive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I had a black 92 323F 1.8 GT and it was a reasonably fast car back in its day, the 1.6 model was slow though as I also had a 91 version with the carb engine and it was dog slow. The 92> model which was fuel injected was slightly faster and more responsive.

My neighbours one was the very basic 1.5 carb version, I know there was a 1.5/ 1.6 DOHC jap version called the Mazda Astina, everywhere else it was called the 323F.
    Still I'd love to have one of these in black, seeing one coming up behind you in your rear view mirror you wouldnt know what the fck it was.... You wouldn't think it was an old Mazda family car... Nice low down nose on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Interslice wrote: »

Lol. What an idiot. I remember selling one of these in around 1999 for €250. Not the same but Jesus they were awful dogs of yokes.

There must be some back story to that one.
    In 1987 Ukraine was still under Soviet control.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Plus the VRT?? Or is that lower on a eh.....classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

to be fair it does look like it's in fabulous condition.

But between the asking price and what would no doubt turn out to be a complete headache bringing it over from the Ukraine I can't see people rushing out to buy it.

Also I think it's a model that somehow (understandably I think) missed the whole wave of retro cool that hit a lot of older Volvo's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Had an '84 model in the early 90's. A ropey carb broke me fuggin' heart. But a more comfortable yoke of that era you wouldn’t find.

Plus the VRT?? Or is that lower on a eh.....classic

200e flat rate on classics

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

emeldc wrote: »
    Had an '84 model in the early 90's. A ropey carb broke me fuggin' heart. But a more comfortable yoke of that era you wouldn’t find.

The carpets were so thick in them too, uncle had one back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Tommyboy40 wrote: »

Price is still way to high for a 12 year old car.

If you're the type of person that has €60k to p*ss away on a 12 year old car, in all likelyhood you have the money to buy a brand new OR 1 or 2 year old S 63 AMG (That's the successor right?)
    Note that car is around €230k new
    AND EVEN AT THAT - The AMG GT is the car I'd be having for €60k less!!!

Price seems very high to me.

If it was something like a Lambo or a Ferrari I might say the price is OK but it's 600bhp coupe, It's not a Super Car. (An Evo X would turn more heads than that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭circadian

ION08 wrote: »
    Haha same here, used to be big into my mazda's and it started off because I learned to drive in my dads 323 F

Got my own 323F V6 which I thought was the bees knees , then an MX3 V6 followed by an RX-8..

Mazda have really lost their way now , which is a pity.

Have a look at their new Skyactiv-x engine.

wexie wrote: »
    to be fair it does look like it's in fabulous condition.

But between the asking price and what would no doubt turn out to be a complete headache bringing it over from the Ukraine I can't see people rushing out to buy it.

Also I think it's a model that somehow (understandably I think) missed the whole wave of retro cool that hit a lot of older Volvo's

Hard to see why it's advertised here at all.

It wasn't really a Volvo more DAF in it's DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

€3,000 worth of stickers on it? :pac:

€3,000 worth of stickers on it? :pac:

*€3500

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hey vento the 90s called they want their stickers back.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The imaginary Porsche wheels, Brembos and Recaros add a bit of value :)

Imagine actually being caught driving that Vento. I’d have to leave the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

when I first seen that pic I assumed it was a converted track car or something, but no, just a regular vento with stickers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭pah

There's a skangermobile thread for that.

Strangely, as an independent dealer all his other stock seems reasonably well priced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement