Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

When you leave a cash tip on the table and the waitress who picked it up was not the one who was so nice looking after us for the past few hours.
    I know they probably share tips but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭Comhrá

When a pedestrian about to cross the road presses the button to stop the traffic even though I'm the only motorist within a mile, and they can't just wait 3 or 4 seconds till I drive past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Slept in my mothers house last night. I only had one tiny flat pillow so had to sleep with my arm under the pillow.

Woke up with a dead arm.

I'm a weirdo that sleeps with No pillows at all and just on the mattress

So TA for me when I go anywhere and there is a mountain stack of fat pillows Ive to throw off the bed

Even the smallest pillow makes me uncomfortable so I lie completely flat on a mattress

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've a colleague who signs off every mail with "Please advise me". It's obviously part of his signature. It irks me no end. Are you that bad at your job/life in general that you need to include a catch-all request for advice in every single email you send???

We have a customer that sends an email, then rings us immediately to see if we got the email, then tells us the contents of the email and demands an answer.

They have never once got an answer on the spot other than "let me investigate and get back to you".
    I think that they call to impress their bosses or something, they come from that sort of culture where if you make the loudest noise, you must be important.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Something, somewhere is beeping. Don't know what it is, but it's annoying

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Kitty6277 wrote: »

Microwave
    Washing Machine
    Dishwasher
    Fridge (left the door open)
    Smoke alarm (the dreaded battery)
    Alarm clock
    Phone (needs charging)

I'll think up a few more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »
    Microwave
    Washing Machine
    Dishwasher
    Alarm clock
    Phone (needs charging)

Low battery on a pacemaker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's just me making beeping noises in the next room sorry :o.....

:pac: :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Low battery on a pacemaker

Nah, that just buzzes, and at most it vibrates, if you've one of the newer models. :pac:

Nah, that just buzzes, and at most it vibrates, if you've one of the newer models. :pac:

Keep that a secret, some of the dirtbirds here will be getting them fitted for the buzz

• Advertisement

Microwave
    Washing Machine
    Dishwasher
    Alarm clock
    Phone (needs charging)

I think it's coming from outside somewhere, it sounds far away enough, but it's loud enough that I can still hear it :confused:
    That's just me making beeping noises in the next room sorry :o.....

:pac: :D

R2 D2? :pac:

I think it's coming from outside somewhere, it sounds far away enough, but it's loud enough that I can still hear it :confused:

Don't know if they can be found where you are, but maybe it's a scops owl - I was fooled before!

Don't know if they can be found where you are, but maybe it's a scops owl - I was fooled before!

I wouldn't think so, I'm really near the city. Not just me who can hear it though, someone asked in the group chat for our accommodation if anyone else could hear it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

TA that I cant think of something different to cook using a pork steak that I bought today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The David Hasslehoff ad promoting the upcoming 80s and 90s disco that keeps appearing in my Facebook feed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

R2 D2? :pac:

Yes :pac: practicing for a convention :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

0lddog wrote:
    TA that I cant think of something different to cook using a pork steak that I bought today

Normandy pork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Windows Media Player no longer works on this ancient laptop.

That fcuking beeping. Would it ever just stop? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TA at being in a relatively good mood most of the week and then getting to Friday and being miserable! Nothing I hate more than wasting a Friday night because I’m feeling out of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We have a customer that sends an email, then rings us immediately to see if we got the email, then tells us the contents of the email and demands an answer.

They have never once got an answer on the spot other than "let me investigate and get back to you".
    I think that they call to impress their bosses or something, they come from that sort of culture where if you make the loudest noise, you must be important.

Theres a consultant I have to work with who will email me, then call me to say he's emailed me, then spend 20 minutes on the phone telling me what is in the email, then once he hangs up on me, calls another staff member to tell them what he's emailed me. Its infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The touch screen on my laptop has stopped working, I almost never use it - but now that I know it's not working it's annoying me.

(Sorry to quote myself)

Got the touch screen working again - now the screen is all paw marks and I remembered why I rarely used it...:pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People bringing fcuking picnics to the cinema.

No, I don't want to hear you chomp down on a giant bag of Tayto thanks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Have plans. Started new medication yesterday. All I want to do is sleep. Will need to leave my house in an hour and today it is more than a TA. :(

Shops & market stalls with a sign up saying
    ' no photos '
    Why?
    Am I somehow depreciating your stock by taking a photo? Am I stealing some of your stocks soul?
    Maybe I may come back & buy something I took a photo of!
    No photo, no sale to me.....

No, but for all they know you could be a competitor trying to "steal intellectual property", fishing for ideas, etc., or the people manning the stalls might not want to be photographed (which is well within their rights). Also, why do you need to take a photo of something before buying it? I don't understand it, to be honest. Buy their merchandise, and take all the photos you want in the comfort of your own home.

No, but for all they know you could be a competitor trying to "steal intellectual property", fishing for ideas, etc., or the people manning the stalls might not want to be photographed (which is well within their rights). Also, why do you need to take a photo of something before buying it? I don't understand it, to be honest. Buy their merchandise, and take all the photos you want in the comfort of your own home.

It's all the same stuff!!

Maybe next time ask them why they don't want people to take photos. I'm only guessing.

My new TA is when people question you about your TA. Or try to prove it shouldn't be a TA!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Irish people in the rain who either have a manic grin or put on an expression that they should get some kind of medal for their endurance of the inclement weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement