Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Myself and the OH are thinking of getting a place together in January. Pretty sure I could afford it, but things that rely on other things keep getting in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bulbous Noses

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Working in a preschool which closes at 1.30. Adults who don’t show up, on a regular basis until at least 1.45 because ‘they are busy and have things to do.’ Good job I’m just passing time there, off the clock with nothing better to do with my own time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Working in a preschool which closes at 1.30. Adults who don’t show up, on a regular basis until at least 1.45 because ‘they are busy and have things to do.’ Good job I’m just passing time there, off the clock with nothing better to do with my own time.

Start charging late fees.or keep ringing the emergency contact number.They will get pissed off and give out to the other person for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

One of my friends runs a créche, the stories of parents doing things like that never ceases to amaze me.

What with Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year, she's opening for a limited amount of hours to accommodate working parents.
    She sent letters home last week to get an idea of how many parents would be sending their kids in, so she could start sorting staff levels & ratios.

She was stunned to find almost every parent would be sending their kids in.
    After speaking to most of them during drop offs/pick ups, the vast majority of them aren't even working that day.

The excuses for sending their child in varied from wanting to clean the house in peace, to wanting a free morning to meet their friends for coffee, to wanting to allow some time for last minute present shopping.

A few even complained that the créche would be closing at 2pm, asking would she not consider staying open an hour or two later.

Of all days to want your kids out of the way, it shouldn't be Christmas Eve.
    I just don't get it.

Many of her colleagues have families and their own children who they would like to spend Christmas Eve with, but now most of them will have to work to accommodate Sandra so she can hoover in peace without her little precious annoying her.
    Absolutely ridiculous imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

^^^^^ That's actually really sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

SusieBlue wrote: »
    What with Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year, she's opening for a limited amount of hours to accommodate working parents.
    She sent letters home last week to get an idea of how many parents would be sending their kids in, so she could start sorting staff levels & ratios.

How much are the fees ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

beerbaron wrote: »
    How much are the fees ?

No idea, from what she said they aren't charged for Christmas Eve as part of their regular fees, so parents who keep their kids at home won't be charged or penalised.
    She did this in an effort to encourage as many people as possible to keep their children at home (thus needing fewer staff) but it didn't work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

One of my friends runs a créche, the stories of parents doing things like that never ceases to amaze me.

After speaking to most of them during drop offs/pick ups, the vast majority of them aren't even working that day.

The excuses for sending their child in varied from wanting to clean the house in peace, to wanting a free morning to meet their friends for coffee, to wanting to allow some time for last minute present shopping.

A few even complained that the créche would be closing at 2pm, asking would she not consider staying open an hour or two later.

I just don't get it.

Many of her colleagues have families and their own children who they would like to spend Christmas Eve with, but now most of them will have to work to accommodate Sandra so she can hoover in peace without her little precious annoying her.

The cheek and self entitlement! she should tell all to bugger off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I just don't get it.

If she doesnt want the kids,dont open the creche that day.Dont open it and then moan people want to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When the label on a food product tells you the quantity in grams but the nutritional info on the back is in ml. Why!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

dubstarr wrote: »
    If she doesnt want the kids,dont open the creche that day.Dont open it and then moan people want to use it.

Agree with this. There is so much to do on christmas eve with getting presents sorted, food, collect the elderlies etc. So been able to drop the kids at creche, that you paid for, is a big help.
    Christmas is long enough for the kids too, they will be at home from christmas eve until in to the new year as the creche is closed. No fees discount in december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It's all gone Pete Tong. At least tomorrow's Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I may have broken my toe :( it hurts like hell and is badly bruised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Autosport wrote: »
    I may have broken my toe :( it hurts like hell and is badly bruised

You finally put your foot up Sephs ass?!?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

dubstarr wrote: »
    Start charging late fees.or keep ringing the emergency contact number.They will get pissed off and give out to the other person for you

Unfortunately I ‘work’ there, I don’t own the place. So I can’t implement any new charges but I will start being more vocal to the offenders!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Time wasters.

Mé Féiners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Feeling lonesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone that types would of or could of. I automatically switch off, even though they could be making the most profound point of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Half watching a TV show that drifts into Spanish from time to time. I keep forgetting to read the subtitles.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone that types would of or could of. I automatically switch off, even though they could be making the most profound point of all time.

RAGE

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Half watching a TV show that drifts into Spanish from time to time. I keep forgetting to read the subtitles.

whats the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''I wish I could thank this more than once!''

Well you fcuking can't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Omackeral wrote: »

Even worse... Americans who say "I wish I would of...." when they mean "I wish that I had done...." e.g. "I wish I would of done it sooner" instead of "I wish that I had done it sooner." Grammar being dragged through the hedges backwards these days. The world needs a Minister for Grammar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    whats the show?

Mayans MC hombre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dopey neighbours leaving their bins out. They'll be blown to Kingdom Come by the morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who 'done it' rather than 'did it'.
    English is your first language FFS!!!

It is my wife's third and she has better grammar than half the people I work with.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Spots, when your teenage years are faaaar, faaaaar behind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The water from the taps stink like cow sh1te. Seriously it's not funny, it has a really nasty stench and the whole street at least has the same problem.
    I rang Irish water but god knows if I'll ever hear back from that.
    Meanwhile I'll be paranoid for weeks that I'll die from e.coli.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement