Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People seem to think I am Mother Theresa for the amount of favors I am getting asked to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The corruption in this workplace. Public Sector. Infuriating.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Very trivial but it annoys me

Below is a diagram of my end of the office.
    Desks up both sides
    Meeting rooms in the middle (MR)

I am the red dot

Blue dot guy come through a gap in the meeting rooms to go to the tea station/toilet (blue arrow) when it would be much quicker to walk straight down his side (green arrow).

It catches my eye as nobody really walks through there. None of the people he sits near walk through there. Why Mr Blue dot? Why?

TA of the day!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Anyone who says "me thinks" or "my bad". I die a little when I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Very trivial but it annoys me

Below is a diagram of my end of the office.
    Desks up both sides
    Meeting rooms in the middle (MR)

I am the red dot

Blue dot guy come through a gap in the meeting rooms to go to the tea station/toilet (blue arrow) when it would be much quicker to walk straight down his side (green arrow).

It catches my eye as nobody really walks through there. None of the people he sits near walk through there. Why Mr Blue dot? Why?

463820.jpg

I do this, it means Im away from my desk for a nanosecond longer and I get more steps in for my 'exercise' programme.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Long TA but bear with me!!!!!

Got Amazon Prime for the tennis.
    Watched The Fall in one go (yum!)
    Bored one evening and thought I'd mooch round for something to watch.
    Checked out The Good Wife.
    Developed serious addiction whilst off sick - 109 episodes in 6 days.

Is there a 12 step programme for box sets ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Bredabe wrote: »
    I do this, it means Im away from my desk for a nanosecond longer and I get more steps in for my 'exercise' programme.

You might be trivially annoying someone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When everything runs out the week before you get paid

You might be trivially annoying someone :pac:
    They are welcome to join(but not really).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I feel like **** but I'm in school. I'm not able for the cursing and shouting today! Can't wait to go home and get into bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Public service offices that close for lunch. Surely it shouldn't be impossible to stagger breaks so they can remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My room in the houseshare was ok, nothing wrong with it. Then I learned the guy in the upstairs loft/studio place was leaving so I was in flynn and told the landlady I’d take it and pay the extra rent. Sorted and I love it. There are two floors, a kitchen and bathroom and way more space for marginally extra rent

My TA is my other housemate is asking when is my lease up, when is my work contract up, have I plans to move out?

I did nothing wrong, if she wanted it she should have gone to the landlady. She was slow off the mark

I expect to “trip” down the stairs or have an unfortunate accident one day :eek:

When you text to say you'll call later and they phone you anyway... WTAF?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Maybe its me but I get TA at posters who start a thread asking for advice . People go to the trouble of posting helpful posts and the OP never comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Listening to the ****e that is X Factor.Why do i do it to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Still feeling so hurt and heartsick over the end of my relationship even though its been 4 months now.
    I genuinely don't know how people whose marriages end or partners pass away get up in the morning. This is torture.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smart ass boy racers thinking there real funny guys, **** off !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Still feeling so hurt and heartsick over the end of my relationship even though its been 4 months now.
    I genuinely don't know how people whose marriages end or partners pass away get up in the morning. This is torture.

4months is nothing, give it more time *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The word - fiancée.

Even more annoying are the people who don't understand the difference between fiancée and fiancé.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Even more annoying are the people who don't understand the difference between fiancée and fiancé.

Oooh

*takes note of this information and slinks away *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Maybe its me but I get TA at posters who start a thread asking for advice . People go to the trouble of posting helpful posts and the OP never comes back

Might have died.:(

Some years ago I went to some effort ( trip to National Archives, print & scan some pages of the 1841 Killeshandra census & email same - not on the web back then ) to get some information for someone in the US of A. Sent it and never heard back. Turned out she had died. :eek:

Bet Joe Duffy could make several lavline programs from the story......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that I'm obviously not keeping up with something but there's 3 headings under Ireland Trends on Twitter with (I presume) Arabic writing. :confused:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

0lddog wrote: »
    Might have died.:(

Some years ago I went to some effort ( trip to National Archives, print & scan some pages of the 1841 Killeshandra census & email same - not on the web back then ) to get some information for someone in the US of A. Sent it and never heard back. Turned out she had died. :eek:

Bet Joe Duffy could make several lavline programs from the story......:rolleyes:

Oh thats sad . But doubt some of the aforementioned have died really !

Rushing to get my resubmit done, I find that I've done too much for one section and not enough for another! :rolleyes:
    I didn't get as much as I needed to do today as I got caught up doing the simple maths needed to hit the word count(what does 'this section should be 2000 words at least 'and the exact no of words for the three sections is 6000 mean anyway)
    :(:(:(:(
    Talking to the instructor for my next session and he's behaving like my SLD is made up to make his job harder!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

No wonder I was on the verge of dropping out at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was laminating loads of things for school and I ended up being one laminating pouch short!! Argh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I have a case of the sniffles

Getting two fillings tomorrow, noooooo :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

LOUD rattling fridge wakes me from a dead sleep like a fire alarm (and won't stop until I get up and adjust it's dials), wish I could take a hammer to the blasted thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TA that I have to go to work this morning, then leave to go to a funeral, then go BACK to work for the rest of the day. It’s gonna be a long one.

• Advertisement

On a one year fixed term contract. I applied for a permanent role but didn’t get it, fair nuff

When I started zero procedures existed so I wrote a manual over 100 pages and lots of screenshots to help me

Now I’m told to train up the new permanent staff member and give over my notes.

Oh yeah I’ll be friendly and professional, the new person is nice but I’m feeling like managements lackey

I’m not good enough for perm but I’m good enough to train someone to be perm :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement