Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Feeling lonesome.

Cleo I love ya and you know we are all here for you and because I love you so much I’m gonna drop the hand (hugs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Having learned tonight that McDonald's no longer do Sundaes. I only go maybe 3 times a year, I always looked forward to a caramel Sundae after my Big Mac meal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feeling lonesome.

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Feeling lonesome.

Sending hugs too.

TA'd I thought for a good portion of this evening that today was Friday. Unfortunately not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

_yping wi_hou_ a
    47-what-starts-with-the-letter-t-is-filled-with-t-and-ends-in-t.png
    _rivially annoying

chromebook keyboard wearing ou_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Having learned tonight that McDonald's no longer do Sundaes. I only go maybe 3 times a year, I always looked forward to a caramel Sundae after my Big Mac meal.

What?????? Not even the fudge ones??? Now I am TAd from reading this thread. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Omackeral wrote: »
    Anyone that types would of or could of. I automatically switch off, even though they could be making the most profound point of all time.

Yeah they should of :pac: used the correct version. Really annoys me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Mayans MC hombre

I knew you were talking about that show!

Yesterday, I finished up work, packed up my bag, put on my jacket, walked all the way out to my bike and I realised I had forgotten my keys so I had to walk all the way back in. I'm still TA over it!

I have an interview today for a job I don't want but in order to keep my current job (if I don't get this other job), I have to go through the motions of this interview. TA by everything about this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TG1 wrote: »

I came back from 2 months away end of July and found this out almost immediately. It's life changing - we need a petition to bring them back!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

˙ǝɯ sʎouuɐ ʎllɐᴉʌᴉɹʇ pɐǝɹɥʇ sᴉɥʇ ɟo ǝlʇᴉʇ ǝɥ┴

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Slept in my mothers house last night. I only had one tiny flat pillow so had to sleep with my arm under the pillow.

Woke up with a dead arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Slept in my mothers house last night. I only had one tiny flat pillow so had to sleep with my arm under the pillow.

Woke up with a dead arm.

There is a use for that I’ve heard of.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Woke up with pains in the points of my elbows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Woke up with a dead arm.

Time for a strangers **** :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Time for a strangers **** :p

It was so dead I couldn't get a grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Caught my finger between my chair and my desk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

This is very trivial but on reddit on the Ireland sub, they love starting thread titles with ''Lads, .......'' and it's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

It was so dead I couldn't get a grip.

Give it a minute, you're not 18 anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA I have 50 handbooks to punch and bind this weekend. Binding has to be one of the most soul destroying jobs EVER.
    Them plasticky yokes, arrrghh.
    Don't want to think about it but I have to otherwise I'll be leaving it till the last minute and my Sunday will be ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

They're building a new student accommodation right across from ours, which is a floor higher than the one we're on. When it's finished it's gonna completely block the view from our kitchen window :( I more than likely won't be here when that happens, but I'm still TA'd about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

There is a use for that I’ve heard of.....

TA jay inbetweeners flashbacks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Caught my finger between my chair and my desk :mad:

Managed to cut my finger after this :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TG1 wrote: »

Boards is really slow today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Overacting in some American shows. Shows which would otherwise be pretty good. Two-dimensional, wooden, overdramatic, OTT performances, which make the show impossible to connect to, like from trashy 90s U.S. soaps. So disappointing when you know the show could be pretty good without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Omackeral wrote: »
    This is very trivial but on reddit on the Ireland sub, they love starting thread titles with ''Lads, .......'' and it's very annoying.

Could be worse - could be Goys, now that's a TA :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Extreme trivial annoyance here but I've noticed a lot of people have started signing off emails with "Please advise reference same".
    Aside from not making grammatical sense, the "reference same" part is totally redundant. If the email was about a software project, I'm not gonna reply advising about the best chicken tikka recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''Thanks...I just spit tea/coffee/beer all over my keyboard/screen/phone!''

No, you didn't. Stop lying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

DareGod wrote: »
    Overacting in some American shows. Shows which would otherwise be pretty good. Two-dimensional, wooden, overdramatic, OTT performances, which make the show impossible to connect to, like from trashy 90s U.S. soaps. So disappointing when you know the show could be pretty good without it.

Most of the cool, hip, sci-fi-superhero series these days look identical, too - same lights, same settings, same wardrobe, "actors" that "act" only using their eyebrows to express their feelings and emotions....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Extreme trivial annoyance here but I've noticed a lot of people have started signing off emails with "Please advise reference same". Aside from not making grammatical sense, the "reference same" part is totally redundant. If the email was about a software project, I'm not gonna reply advising about the best chicken tikka recipe.

I've a colleague who signs off every mail with "Please advise me". It's obviously part of his signature. It irks me no end. Are you that bad at your job/life in general that you need to include a catch-all request for advice in every single email you send???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The touch screen on my laptop has stopped working, I almost never use it - but now that I know it's not working it's annoying me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement