Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when I'm playing some music tracks on Youtube, comments like "<some TV show> brought me here" and "Who's listening to this in 2018 ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Not really trivial but the lack of focus on the problem of elderly drivers. Seem to get a free pass because everyone is complaining about young men driving.

+ I "almost met" an elderly driver driving the wrong way up the slip road onto a 120kmh HQDC. They would have had to have either done a U-turn on the HQDC or driven at least 2km the wrong way up the HQDC from the next junction to get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Noisy, lawn mowing, hammering , assholes on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    lawn mowing

hammering assholes on a Sunday morning!

Which is worse out of those two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Phone videos shot in portrait. How to loose about 70% screen real estate? I mean please Youtubers!
    Why haven't phone manufacturers fixed this yet? If I take a photo in portrait, I don't lose 70% so it should be the same for video. This issue annoys everyone so whatever phone company solves the problem first will take a lot from the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Opening credits 9 minutes into a TV episode
    "Last time on <TV series episode>"
    "Next time on ..."
    "Canned" laughter on comedy shows

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

When people put spoons upside down in the dishwasher thingy for washing...like with the handle facing up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Effects of the IVs wearing off already. Finished them on Monday and the joint and sinus pain started up again on Friday. Ah well, those were a nice few illness free days :p

Anyone that refers to children as ''smallies''.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Go out and slit their throat. I fcuking hate noisey outdoor Sunday work.

Snapchats that have text on them that only stay on the screen for 2 or 3 seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The fact tv3 can’t go a wet week without hawking out the same fcuking shlte viewing. The Snapper, Circle of Friends, and the rest of the bargain bin shlte they regularly regurgitate.

Also, left my jacket in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

For me, it's worse hearing that on a Saturday morning. Occasionally I'll have a lie-in on a Saturday but never ever on a Sunday*.

* Unless it's a bank holiday weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Meeting my HOT neighbour for the 1st time getting chatting about his dog. Then met the GF.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being rudely awoken from a nap by a whisper *cross face*

The cringe of those Dolmio ads. What must Italian people think of them? It'd be like an ad on the telly in Italy for genuine Bacon and Cabbage thats sold in a can, and a family of Irish people with bright red hair and no teeth sitting around going, "be gorrah, shur jaysus tis great shtuff, cabbage out of a can"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

****ed up my back yesterday. No no, I wasn't windsurfing or running in a marathon. Just sitting round my kitchen table with friends. In agony with the ****er today. How can a person just put out their back by sitting down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Boots charge for in-store delivery. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Fcuking toothache and nurofen isn’t taking the edge off it at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Easy reseal packaging.

It's all well and go to have it easy to reseal, but why is it like Fort Knox to open in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Websites that use white text on black background. Pain in the arse to read.

• Advertisement

When you buy a pair of scissors and it's in that hard plastic that's impossible to open...

...unless you have a pair of scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Space Dog wrote: »
    Websites that use white text on black background. Pain in the arse to read.

Could be worse, could be those sites that use pale grey text on white, or pale yellow text on white. There's no excuse for it - lots of website checkers out there that will alert designers to poor colour contrast choices like this.

If it is a regular problem, you can get browser add-ins that allow you to switch colours to suit your own preferences. They are a big help for people with dyslexia, and many other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Having to do a presentation on Wednesday. I don't like presentations :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd Boards is extremely slow the last few days and ta'd for getting up on Mondays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Very trivial but it annoys me

Below is a diagram of my end of the office.
    Desks up both sides
    Meeting rooms in the middle (MR)

I am the red dot

Blue dot guy come through a gap in the meeting rooms to go to the tea station/toilet (blue arrow) when it would be much quicker to walk straight down his side (green arrow).

It catches my eye as nobody really walks through there. None of the people he sits near walk through there. Why Mr Blue dot? Why?

463820.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Either he fancies you, or he wants to avoid at all cost someone on his side. Or there are windows on your side and none on his. Go figure! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The word - fiancée.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Lost the whole of my Sunday to a migraine so severe I couldn't lift my head off my pillow.
    I feel better today but wish I didn't have to work, I only got half a weekend :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Waking up 6 minutes before your alarm is due to go off.
    Do you attempt to sleep for another 6 minutes.
    Do you get up early and look at the phone for another 6 minutes to knock the alarm off.
    Do you go for a slash and hope you get back in time before the alarm goes off.
    Do you bring the phone with you to the jacks, have the slash and start brushing your teeth and catch the alarm that way.
    It's OK, the alarm is has gone off now because you've spent 6 minutes thinking about all the permutations and combination of what could have happened.
    Then the regret of not getting up 6 minutes ago kicks in.

• Advertisement

Nightclub music on the radio, early on a Monday morning. I turned on the radio at 8 this morning and that awful Sam Smith Calvin Harris song is on. Seriously, how do people do it? I usually listen to Newstalk or Radio 1 at that hour, very low.
    Counting down the days til I go on holiday. It's the slowest ever. On 12 years (days) to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement