Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back hanging...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Why would you want to do that to a baby?

Jeez, this fook needs to be pitied more than anything else.

Imagine being that warped in the head.:confused:

Words fail me really.

Grayson wrote: »
    Is anyone defending him?

Personally i don't think he should be killed. He should be studied. We need to know what happens to a human brain that causes this to happen. Because it's happened before and it'll happen again.
    His behaviour is indefensible and if he just dropped dead tomorrow I wouldn't care. It's just that I think we need to learn more about these things.

I can understand where you're coming from. From a clinical point of view there is something to be studied here but I'm not sure assessments and Interviews will make any difference to preventing this sort of awfulness in the future. There have been countless studies already carried out on the deviant mind yet here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I can understand where you're coming from. From a clinical point of view there is something to be studied here but I'm not sure assessments and Interviews will make any difference to preventing this sort of awfulness in the future. There have been countless studies already carried out on the deviant mind yet here we are.

I agree, but we have to keep on trying. The progress we've made in understanding the brain is massive but there's still loads left to do. It's not going to happen tomorrow but it hopefully will someday.

Grayson wrote: »
    I agree, but we have to keep on trying. The progress we've made in understanding the brain is massive but there's still loads left to do. It's not going to happen tomorrow but it hopefully will someday.

Yes we are making progress and have already learnt a lot in order to protect children from abusers. There's more to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yes we are making progress and have already learnt a lot in order to protect children from abusers. There's more to be done.

Pray tell or share what research has found out how to identify people like in the OP or paedophiles or ...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

How could someone even contemplate doing this...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/newborn-baby-in-intensive-care-after-alleged-sexual-assault-873884.html

Or maybe have a deep dark hole we just toss these people into.

It is important to know whether that individual was someone who had integrated well into society as an outwardly normal person, or was someone who had always displayed the fact that they are an absolute piece of ####.

If it's the former, it is particularly frightening for society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

fritzelly wrote: »
    Seriously? You refer to 'ologies that cannot be changed and then state but we could cure them in the future. We are a long way from rewiring the brain unless you still believe ECT can cure anyone of mental illnesses

I think I'm probably somewhere between the two of you in opinion.

But if Grayson did believe that ECT could be of great benefit in treating (some) mental illness he'd be right....

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180502-the-surprising-benefits-of-electroshock-therapy-or-ect

• Registered Users Posts: 17,332 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

wexie wrote: »

But if Grayson did believe that ECT could be of great benefit in treating (some) mental illness he'd be right....

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20180502-the-surprising-benefits-of-electroshock-therapy-or-ect

And as the report says it cannot cure anything but just zaps the brain into some unknown state that last a short period of time before it wears off
    All it does mix up the brain chemistry - nothing more and nothing less - and then they are back to the same person they were before. But even then how ECT works is still not really known
    And even then this is more for states of mind - depression, suicidal, schizophrenia... - rather than a lack of social standards or what is perceived as the norm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Only one way to stop these monsters repeating is to end there sad lives. No place in society for these animals.
    Ah but that’s where you’re wrong. He’s contributing to society by having children in the first place. At least that’s what 'one eyed jack' says over on the Margaret Cash thread. :rolleyes:

I'd usually err on the side of caution but I can honestly say that if any prick that had sex with a two week old child was put in front of me, I would gladly do time for the damage I'd do to them. There is no excuse and there is no explanation. That is pure evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Fully support hanging nonces. I mean it wouldn't deter any crime, but they do deserve a hanging.

Wish I hadn't read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

wexie wrote: »

I'm not saying we can cure them. I'm saying that we should keep studying so that someday we can. The only benefit that guy may ever bring is helping us get closer to that.

And it doesn't matter if we can't now. Someone else stated what's the point since we can't identify these people now. maybe someday we can or we'll be able to treat someone who comes forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,869 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wish I hadn't either.

However, tortured. He requires to be tortured, in the most cruel and unusual ways conceivable outside of the criminal justice system in which most of us and even ordinary decent criminals exist. Someone actually needs to dust off the medieval handbook of making a man suffer while neither killing him nor making him pass out. And it should last at least a week before he is fed alive to some big cats at the zoo to finish the job.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Wish I hadn't either.

However, tortured. He requires to be tortured, in the most cruel and unusual ways conceivable outside of the criminal justice system in which most of us and even ordinary decent criminals exist. Someone actually needs to dust off the medieval handbook of making a man suffer while neither killing him nor making him pass out. And it should last at least a week before he is fed alive to some big cats at the zoo to finish the job.

Totally agree, but what good would it do?

What do you you do with these types?

Prison for life, medical study. Hard to see where he got to that TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭dbas

Lying on my couch with my 3 week old daughter beside me asleep. That piece of garbage would die as would anyone who hurt her like that. 8lb in weight and the same height as the distance between my elbow and fingertips.
    They better not let this scum commit suicide. He really needs to feel the terror that baby felt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Hanging is too good for a **** like that.

I'd let the father of the child at him for an hour, assuming of course that he isn't the father.

And dya know what's ****ing awful? People will come along to try and defend or justify these actions, some slimy solicitor will try to get him a lighter sentence. It's a pathetic country we live in sometimes.

Well peadophilia is the next thing the left will try and defend.

But yeah, this guy should just be put down.

Totally agree, but what good would it do?

What do you you do with these types?

Prison for life, medical study. Hard to see where he got to that TBH.

What good? It would eliminate him. There is nothing to be learned from or mitigated by him.

And then we pray a pure evil piece like him doesn't come along again in a hurry, but when he does, we kill him too.

I don't care where he got it from, he got it, so he must not exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,449 ✭✭✭touts

Hang the evil ****er. But by his balls until they rip off. Then tattoo what he did onto his forehead, put him naked in a set of stocks in the middle of the exercise yard of Mountjoy and turn off all the cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Well peadophilia is the next thing the left will try and defend.

Using something like this to have a go at 'political foes' is beneath contempt. Take a night off, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

That's not a human..... That's an animal. That's an animal that needs to be removed from the face of the earth. There's no death that would be good enough or rather bad enough to punish him for what he did to that defenceless infant, who could yet die, the poor thing.
    Time we got tough on these beasts and protect our children. Death penalty is more than deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

No words!
    Just beyond comprehension.

It goes against every fibre or what it is to be human or even to be a higher social vertibrate with any kind of consciousness at all.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What good? It would eliminate him. There is nothing to be learned from or mitigated by him.

And then we pray a pure evil piece like him doesn't come along again in a hurry, but when he does, we kill him too.

I don't care where he got it from, he got it, so he must not exist.

Agree totally, but his genetic code exists.

Killing him dosent kill the problem.

What do you do? Kill all his near relatives?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Pat McCurran

Disgusting. How doing that to a baby at two weeks didn't kill or paralyze it is a miracle.

You'd probably find he's a loyalist bastard with drink/drug problems.

Normal people wouldn't even think of that.

I say DON'T bring back hanging, do what happened to Fran at the end of Love/Hate, then let him die slowly and painfully.

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭gw80

Disgusting. How doing that to a baby at two weeks didn't kill or paralyze it is a miracle.

You'd probably find he's a loyalist bastard with drink/drug problems.

Normal people wouldn't even think of that.

I say DON'T bring back hanging, do what happened to Fran at the end of Love/Hate, then let him die slowly and painfully.

Sickening.
    No not loyalist, going by his facebook account he is a republican, irish flags and lollies,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

gw80 wrote: »
    No not loyalist, going by his facebook account he is a republican, irish flags and lollies,

Has his name been released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭gw80

Noo wrote: »
    Has his name been released?
    I don't think it was officially released but it has gotten out over social media, I'd say it has all been removed now due to a court restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Abortion is ok though.

Agree totally, but his genetic code exists.

Killing him dosent kill the problem.

What do you do? Kill all his near relatives?

Yes it does kill the problem. There's enough evidence from work with the blood relatives of Nazi butchers and serial killers etc that it doesn't follow that abhorrent conduct manifests in a genetic line. Evil behaviour normally follows some trauma or abusive environment, i.e. severe mental disturbance, but not always, some people are literally just evil beyond any rating of psychopathy.

Or, this piece might just have been out of his brain on drugs. Which, by the way, is no iota of an excuse or mitigation, he still deserves the ultimate sanction.

Mind you, assuming he is convicted in Northern Ireland, they will have to send him to Broadmoor hospital to avoid him being straight up murdered in any other sort of prison in NI or GB

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Words fail me...sick beyond belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Abortion is ok though.

Oh ffs

Advertisement