Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back hanging...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Sick in the stomach reading the news article about this poor child.
    I see on f.b people are sharing picture of suspect , scary part about that is I've seen pictures of 4 different people been shared, saying this is the person that commited the offence.
    Hopefully no more innocent people get hurt by incorrect information been shared around

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ZX7R wrote: »
    Sick in the stomach reading the news article about this poor child.
    I see on f.b people are sharing picture of suspect , scary part about that is I've seen pictures of 4 different people been shared, saying this is the person that commited the offence.
    Hopefully no more innocent people get hurt by incorrect information been shared around

Well the fella accused is, I assume, in custody, so is out of the reach of the public.

Anyone that gets a beating for it now it likely an innocent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

in a case like this execution is more about protecting the rest of the world from the potential of them re offending

I see no problem with executing this creature and would do it myself if required to

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There are truly awful crimes that have been committed, but for those that suggest we should have a death penalty you can never be 100% that every case will be sentenced correctly. We've seen this time and time again with people on death row found innocent after decades.

So if your actions by wanting a death penalty result in the hanging of a innocent person whats your solution to the murder you've caused?

Rather then take the chance of murdering an innocent person because they've been found guilty on flawed evidence it is better to jail people for life for the most awful of crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Abortion is ok though.
    Crikey - using the baby's plight for that sh1t. Stay classy.

In the very early stages of a pregnancy when no sentient being is formed and the woman is not in a position to have a child... abortion is not exactly the dream, but yeah this story is still a lot lot worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please explain as your words make no sense?
    How does it not make sense? It makes absolutely perfect sense so there is no need to pretend it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Graces7 wrote: »

Please explain as your words make no sense?

What doesn't make sense? Raping a two week old baby is just like abortion apparently.

They're right though......

So many on here campaigned for the right for healthy women to be legally allowed to kill their healthy developing babies and yet here on this thread those same people say someone should be hung for sexually assaulting a two week old baby. In fact one or two of them endorsed the laws in Canada which allow abortion up to birth.

You see, the way you all feel now, is how those who are prolife feel when healthy women choose to end the life of healthy prenates in the womb.

And why wouldn't we, they may not be as developed as a newborn, but they are very much as alive (even at just 12 weeks):

Anyway, hope this guy gets 15 to 20.
    Abortion is ok though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

I've read about some fairly sick stuff in my time but it's maybe the first time i actually felt sick, would'nt say what i'd do to this guy it would just sound stupid and angry, how would one of these do gooders stand up for this scum and plead mental health, have they no conscience. forget hanging leave him in a big hall with the family of this poor baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,007 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

decky1 wrote: »
    would'nt say what i'd do to this guy it would just sound stupid and angry, how would one of these do gooders stand up for this scum and plead mental health, have they no conscience. forget hanging leave him in a big hall with the family of this poor baby.

Who are the do gooders? Have any of them expressed a desire to stand up for this guy?

Some posters suggested he shouldn’t have a defence lawyer. As if denying people a legal defence is a good president.

I think these threads reminds us how much bloodlust is kept beneath the surface in a lot of people. Frightening to think so many posters want to be so violent towards other people.

Leave it to the justice system and try to relax. There have always been bad bastards in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I think these threads reminds us how much bloodlust is kept beneath the surface in a lot of people. Frightening to think so many posters want to be so violent towards other people.

Leave it to the justice system and try to relax. There have always been bad bastards in the world

I think most people dont have a raging bloodlust simmering just below the surface. However, every now and then something so anathema to society happens that usually "civilised" people abandon their values and call for a special sanction, outside of the range of those for sexual assault.

Theres a lot of bad bastards in the world, but the mindset to rape a 2week old sets you apart from a run of the mill bad bastard, an action
    "Ordinary decent" bad bastards would be appalled at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

An evil, evil bastard.

I think most people dont have a raging bloodlust simmering just below the surface. However, every now and then something so anathema to society happens that usually "civilised" people abandon their values and call for a special sanction, outside of the range of those for sexual assault.

Theres a lot of bad bastards in the world, but the mindset to rape a 2week old sets you apart from a run of the mill bad bastard, an action
    "Ordinary decent" bad bastards would be appalled at.

Yeah put it that way if you like. I think it’s illuminating to see self described ‘civilised’ abandon their principles

Reminds us how close we are to anarchy and the importance of having a decent government that takes care of justice and prevents these ‘civilised’ people from having their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

What he has done has dehumanized himself in the eyes of civilised people. I personally couldn't look at him and see 'human' anymore. I can't explain it but he is something else entirely.

Pints? wrote: »
    What he has done has dehumanized himself in the eyes of civilised people. I personally couldn't look at him and see 'human' anymore. I can't explain it but he is something else entirely.

He’s a type of human that’s always been part of the race. They’re around. They need to keep their horrible disgusting harmful impulses in check because we have a civilised society. The ones who want to indulge their horrible impulses to get revenge on this guy are also part of the problem that is solved by a civilised society.

People with a pathological need to commit horrible acts will probably do them at some time. Let’s hope the people who have expressed desire to commit violence in this thread, are able to keep those urges under the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

How could someone even contemplate doing this...

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/newborn-baby-in-intensive-care-after-alleged-sexual-assault-873884.html

Or maybe have a deep dark hole we just toss these people into.

Amateur.

Guillotine. Let the ****er watch the blade drop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Amateur.

His head facing upwards....eyes stapled open lol

He’s a type of human that’s always been part of the race. They’re around. They need to keep their horrible disgusting harmful impulses in check because we have a civilised society. The ones who want to indulge their horrible impulses to get revenge on this guy are also part of the problem that is solved by a civilised society.

People with a pathological need to commit horrible acts will probably do them at some time. Let’s hope the people who have expressed desire to commit violence in this thread, are able to keep those urges under the surface.

It's not about expression of violence or anarchy.
    It's about when something this horrific happens in society, it can get a horrific reaction.

No point in being a snowflake I'd say if someone out of impulse gave that animal a hiding theyed get it dismissed.

I'm more worried about the softies and snowflakes in society tbh, they're the ones who empathise with these monsters welfare and don't really comment on the animal who harmed an individual...

In a way they're creepy, the snowflakes.
    I hung out with a few, I know some who were sympathetic towards wahabbism and Sharia law.
    More who were femminazis and sympathetic towards a woman who beat up her husband gave him a horrific time.
    You know the types, sitting down in a restaurant telling their friends it's ok to have an affair if you feel it's the right thing to do... follow your heart kinda thing....

They haven't a clue.

Anyone who's guilty of the crime in the original post should be exterminated and wiped cleanly off the face of this earth.

nthclare wrote: »
    His head facing upwards....eyes stapled open lol

Yep. Put those clamps in his eye to keep them open. Clockwork Orange Style Guillotine.

Yep. Put those clamps in his eye to keep them open. Clockwork Orange Style Guillotine.

He'll see that coming.
    I don't normally express violence, but I think it's quite appropriate here.
    Turn the other cheek has its uses but not in this scenario.

Old missus Delaney up the road goes to mass every Sunday, she said they should cut the bollox off him.....
    Yep that's what missus Delaney said..

And she's a lovely old dear...

He'll see that coming.
    I don't normally express violence, but I think it's quite appropriate here.
    Turn the other cheek has its uses but not in this scenario.

Old missus Delaney up the road goes to mass every Sunday, she said they should cut the bollox off him.....
    Yep that's what missus Delaney said..

And she's a lovely old dear...

Yep. Scumbag should see every instance of torture before his head rolls.

• Advertisement

It's not about expression of violence or anarchy.
    It's about when something this horrific happens in society, it can get a horrific reaction.

No point in being a snowflake I'd say if someone out of impulse gave that animal a hiding theyed get it dismissed.

I'm more worried about the softies and snowflakes in society tbh, they're the ones who empathise with these monsters welfare and don't really comment on the animal who harmed an individual...

In a way they're creepy, the snowflakes.
    I hung out with a few, I know some who were sympathetic towards wahabbism and Sharia law.
    More who were femminazis and sympathetic towards a woman who beat up her husband gave him a horrific time.
    You know the types, sitting down in a restaurant telling their friends it's ok to have an affair if you feel it's the right thing to do... follow your heart kinda thing....

They haven't a clue.

Anyone who's guilty of the crime in the original post should be exterminated and wiped cleanly off the face of this earth.

This is kinda what I’m talking about. You’re saying that attacking a person on the street should be punished depending on who that person is. Or even dismissed by the law if the person attacked is this person who did this horrible thing. That’s a strange sort of justice you’re proposing.

But to have a problem with snowflakes who condones having an affair while supporting someone who proposes actual mob violence, is a bit mad, isn’t it.

Like I said. Let’s hope everyone with these violence urges keep them under control.

Is the violence people speak of visiting on this monster for their own gratification, or to demonstrate this behaviour is worthy of the worst sanction possible, that you have forfeited all rights? That normally civilised people will forgo their "civility" for particularly heinous crimes.
    None of us have been harmed, other than outraged/offended/upset etc.. So its not revenge violence. To me its more a punishment on behalf of society.

Amateur.

Too quick!

Maybe a rusty blunt guillotine. That needs a couple of drops

• Site Banned Posts: 18 Afro Turner

If you encountered this sub human in the middle of it's crime you would be justified in killing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I don't think hanging is a good idea in this case because it's the easiest way out for someone like this.

I do like the idea of a proper prison for scum like this and by that I mean a cell with a bed and a pot to piss in, end of. Basic rations given 3 times daily, no human interaction whatsoever, no books, telly, internet, radio, nothing. That is a fate worth than dying for any of us. And it's what he deserves, no pleasure ever again for a long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The rest of his natural life in solitary confinement with a steel bed to sleep on and a pot to piss in is what this guy should get, he lost his right to be treated like a human being.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

Keel Hauling would be a nice one too.

This is kinda what I’m talking about. You’re saying that attacking a person on the street should be punished depending on who that person is. Or even dismissed by the law if the person attacked is this person who did this horrible thing. That’s a strange sort of justice you’re proposing.

But to have a problem with snowflakes who condones having an affair while supporting someone who proposes actual mob violence, is a bit mad, isn’t it.

Like I said. Let’s hope everyone with these violence urges keep them under control.

My interpretation more of a metaphor than what I'd do in reality.

It's a knee jerk reaction to the situation.

Just like my grandfather's door getting kicked in and he seeing my great-grandfather getting the **** kicked out of him and his moonshine stolen.
    My great-grandmother was beaten by the tans too.

They got their own back,and rightly so...

Society is there to protect the vunerable not the psychopath...

Feck em...

Is the violence people speak of visiting on this monster for their own gratification, or to demonstrate this behaviour is worthy of the worst sanction possible, that you have forfeited all rights? That normally civilised people will forgo their "civility" for particularly heinous crimes.
    None of us have been harmed, other than outraged/offended/upset etc.. So its not revenge violence. To me its more a punishment on behalf of society.

We already have punishment in behalf of society. Taking it into your own hands is mob violence. Justify the desire to commit mob violence in any way that suits you. It doesn't make me feel any happier to read the violent desires in this thread, even after reading the article in the OP.

Expressing one-upmanship about the types of violence and torture the posters want to visit on the perpetrator, is just piling on the violence in the world. It wouldn't make anything better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's relatively common in South Africa. A lot of people believe it will cure HIV, which is very common there. I assume the level of child rape is related to the superstition and widespread infection.

Advertisement