Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back hanging...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Words cannot describe how disgusting or shockingly abhorrent that story is.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can't see what use that person has that could excuse the death penalty.

I'll pull the handle on the fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

There's no justice in hanging though, or any form of death penalty. Because death isn't a punishment. And that's what justice should be about, punishment. Left to rot in a dark mangy cell for the rest of their miserable lives, never seeing the light of day again. But unfortunately our justice system, or most even in many Western countries, is centred around 'rehabilitation' which is pure BS. Prisons these days are just shy of low quality 1 star hotels. Death is just an escape. Treat him like the monster he is. That is justice.

In any case, when it comes to crimes of a sexual nature, I'm a firm believer that you take away their weapon so that you ensure they cannot do it again. As well as throwing them in a cell until the day they die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Truth be told I think something less expeditious than hanging is called for for something like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Hanging is too good for a **** like that.

I'd let the father of the child at him for an hour, assuming of course that he isn't the father.

And dya know what's ****ing awful? People will come along to try and defend or justify these actions, some slimy solicitor will try to get him a lighter sentence. It's a pathetic country we live in sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If/when he is convicted he will be protected from the rest of the prison population.

But he will get out one day and hopefully he'll get the sentence he deserves which is a bullet in the head.

How can people like that even exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

There isn't punishment suitable for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Christ Almighty that's shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Disgusting crime, but even if one innocent life is lost to the gallows it's not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I can't even contemplate how you can sexually assault a 2 week old baby
    But it will be the same old excuses - drugs, bad upbringing, absent father, alcohol abuse...

Will end up in a psych ward probably

Why waste our money on someone who is so sick in the head only to be released in some short amount of space after being "rehabilitated". Sorry but people like this are wired wrong in the head and there is no cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

If/when he is convicted he will be protected from the rest of the prison population.

And rightly so, if it prevents some hotheaded idiot who can't/won't control themselves from becoming a murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Drink, drugs or mental issues will be a defence I'm sure.

And rightly so, if it prevents some hotheaded idiot who can't/won't control themselves from becoming a murderer.

But surely it's not that unbelievable for even the most level headed of people to react with violence towards such a "person" ? I mean is it really hotheaded or a human response?

I'm sure someone in prison won't care about that if they are already serving a long sentence. He'd be dead within weeks if he was in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I'm sure someone in prison won't care about that if they are already serving a long sentence. He'd be dead within weeks if he was in the states.

Well he wouldn't cause there he wouldn't go in with the rest either.

But if he did turn up dead somewhere, somehow, I'd like to think that there'd be a lot of people that saw and heard naaathing.....staff included.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

funnily enough i notice lots of these disgusting crimes are committed in the north. seems to be a place full of horrible people.

Brexit will be great.. have to put a wall around them again

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I hope the baby makes a full recovery, just 2 weeks old and something like that to happen just doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I read that headline about four times because I was sure I was reading it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You have no place in society if that what's you're capable of.

Subhuman.

That's not a criminal Justice issue. 'Justice' is meaningless in such a case.

This chap is nothing more than defective and should be treated as such. Euthanized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Absolutely the most savagely evil thing I’ve ever read. Disgusting piece of shlt. Revolting. Poor little baby

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭malinheader

Only one way to stop these monsters repeating is to end there sad lives. No place in society for these animals.

Only one way to stop these monsters repeating is to end there sad lives. No place in society for these animals.

Hopefully when it does happen its painful beyond words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

But surely it's not that unbelievable for even the most level headed of people to react with violence towards such a "person" ? I mean is it really hotheaded or a human response?

A response we can empathise with, yes, but if I was to kill someone (even someone who most of us believe would be better dead), I'm still legally a murderer (albeit in lots of people's eyes, a heroic one). If I literally couldn't restrain myself from doing it - then yes, I would absolutely benefit from measures being put in place to prevent me from having any opportunity to.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The world has 7 billion people and growing at an alarming rate.

We wouldn't miss this guy. Get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Pffft. Rubbish!!!
    Let him get his reward for his actions.
    Hes a piece of vile subhuman filth.

I hope he is shivved in the throat and left to bleed out in agony..... only to be revived at the last minute and left to face it again...and again...and again... a life of fear,pain misery and torture is what he deserves.

I hope he is made to live a hellish existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If he was murdered, it would be no great loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Humanity depresses me. People are capable of all sorts of depravity.

Hopefully the infant has a happy life with no lasting effects away from that human scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's a pathetic country we live in sometimes.

That's an embarrassing comment.

Should we assume everyone you think is guilty Is good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I read this in the papers today and it made me cry.

it's just so sad.

Poor little baby.

Advertisement