Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭mr. pleasant

that kick from JGP couldn't have been more perfect.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

There's a wasps nest somewhere in the RDS. F*ckers are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Muligatawney

Anyone know about the law the ref was talking about with the ball being kicked out of Fardy's hands? Says it has to be a tackle, touch judge and TMO seemed to be leading him to it being a penalty but he was insistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

kearneys tackling lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Lovely try by Dragons but you'd imagine that's not going to be pleasant for Leinster during the review on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Furlong just beat half of the Dragons team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

JGP can win all the MOTMs in the world but I still think he’s barely adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

I understand he's still developing but wish Larmour would develop an offload. His play is far too predictable at times (although stopping him is still going to be difficult).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I understand he's still developing but wish Larmour would develop an offload. His play is far too predictable at times (although stopping him is still going to be difficult).

A pass even. Too often takes too much out
    of the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

He'll be shown up against a solid side. Everytime he gets the ball he stutter steps.

It's effective but predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,783 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jordan Larmour, the man who started the Champions Cup final and scored a try in the Pro 14 final will be shown up by a solid side.

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Clegg wrote: »
    Jordan Larmour, the man who started the Champions Cup final and scored a try in the Pro 14 final will be shown up by a solid side.

Ok.

He's undeniably brilliant but every time he's had the ball in the last two weeks he's made exactly the same move.

Which is fine against the Dragons but long term teams are going to catch on.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,131 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

troyzer wrote: »
    He's undeniably brilliant but every time he's had the ball in the last two weeks he's made exactly the same move.

Wrong.

He conjured up a try scoring opportunity in the tram lines in a 2 v 2 by his "stuttering feet" against the Scarlets.... And recognised what he could do beforehand....

He's a class player who has something special... Let him develop that rather than turning him into a run of the mill

People are never happy, are they?

I mean, how dare a player use his best qualities. We'll be asking Luke McGrath not to pass the ball next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

troyzer wrote: »

I know the tide will change every day, doesn’t mean I will stop it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

MaybeMaybe wrote: »
    Lovely try by Dragons but you'd imagine that's not going to be pleasant for Leinster during the review on Monday

As he gets skinned, you can actually see Ringrose thinking that he doesnt trust that Joe Tomane is going to maintain his proper position in the dug out at that point, thats why Garry misses his tackles and the Dragons get in for the try

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Faugheen wrote: »
    People are never happy, are they?

I mean, how dare a player use his best qualities. We'll be asking Luke McGrath not to pass the ball next.

Are people really that sensitive that a player as talented as Larmour can't be asked to mix up his game by passing once in a while so defenders are kept guessing. He'll always have his core skills to come back to when a gap emerges but he runs down blind alleys too many times when there are players outside him in better positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Are people really that sensitive that a player as talented as Larmour can't be asked to mix up his game by passing once in a while so defenders are kept guessing. He'll always have his core skills to come back to when a gap emerges but he runs down blind alleys too many times when there are players outside him in better positions.

He passed 6 times in the match tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Missed the game but just seen the yellow for Moriarty on Sexton, was that really a yellow or was it soft?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

steves2 wrote: »
    Missed the game but just seen the yellow for Moriarty on Sexton, was that really a yellow or was it soft?

YC. Sticking a shoulder into the back of a player off the ball is YC because its dangerous and for the sheer stupidity.

Maestri got a retrospective YC for doing the same thing to Sexton in Paris a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Thought the yellow was harsh. It was a bump and happens to every back player. Was no force in it. Sexton milked it but I can understand he's just fed up with being targeted and will make sure to draw attention to it.

I reckon if Leinster hadn't gained a massive territorial gain off that phase the referee would have just given a penalty. He had no other sanction he could give aside from yellow at that point given a penalty would be redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thought it was a ridiculous card tbh. It's a penalty and not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

steves2 wrote: »

I thought it was very soft and that Sexton totally milked it.

I didn't like that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Surprised at the number of people calling Sexton a cheating actor.

Its the kind of late bump that needs to be cut out of the game. Sure, that intensity of hit, and that finely late, is not always given. But its good that it was. It should be all the time. And would cut out the tendency for players to do it. Protecting players, and giving a more natural flow to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Late and no arms = YC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

As he gets skinned, you can actually see Ringrose thinking that he doesnt trust that Joe Tomane is going to maintain his proper position in the dug out at that point, thats why Garry misses his tackles and the Dragons get in for the try

15 thanks for this? You can see what someone is thinking?

You are effectively attributing blaming to a player who does not make a mistake, if defence of a player who actually makes a mistake. And the basis is that you can see what he is thinking.

This is all over dubious. And it's the second week in a row that Tomane has been blamed in this way. It's a curious approach. I understand the reasoning, but put yourself in Tomane's boots, he's getting criticised for something he didn't do, and the lad beside him who fcks up gets a free pass.

Nah, yellow all day. Shoulder to the back off the ball has to be stamped out of the game.

People are saying there was no force but there absolutely was malice and intent. How is that not a yellow?

Going back to the Larmour discussion. He made plenty of passes tonight. He's was a winger, they don't pass the ball too often. He made 4 clean line breaks and beat 11 (ELEVEN) defenders tonight.

When you're in that kind of form you don't think 'maybe I should pass the ball another time because a boardsie said so.'

People saying it's predictable - yes, it is, but it's still very, very difficult to stop. Watching that game last night and defenders trying to go right for the ankles but they could because he was such quick feet.

Let him do his thing. People have whinged that our back-three players aren't explosive enough but we finally have a super-talented one and he's told to pass the ball more. Make up your minds, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

15 thanks for this? You can see what s9meone is thinking? You are effectively attributing blaming to a player who does not make a mistake, if defence of a player who actually makes a mistake. And the basis is that you can see what he is thinking. This is all over dubious. And it's the second week in a row that Tomane has been blamed in this way. It's a curious approach.

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Faugheen wrote: »
    Nah, yellow all day. Shoulder to the back off the ball has to be stamped out of the game.

People are saying there was no force but there absolutely was malice and intent. How is that not a yellow?

Going back to the Larmour discussion. He made plenty of passes tonight. He's was a winger, they don't pass the ball too often. He made 4 clean line breaks and beat 11 (ELEVEN) defenders tonight.

When you're in that kind of form you don't think 'maybe I should pass the ball another time because a boardsie said so.'

People saying it's predictable - yes, it is, but it's still very, very difficult to stop. Watching that game last night and defenders trying to go right for the ankles but they could because he was such quick feet.

Let him do his thing. People have whinged that our back-three players aren't explosive enough but we finally have a super-talented one and he's told to pass the ball more. Make up your minds, lads.

That’s a bit precious, that post merely suggested an area of improvement, i.e. recognizing a blind alley when it’s inevitable and using his team-mates on those occasions.
    It’s a good point, certainly wasn’t overstated.

• Advertisement

That’s a bit precious, that post merely suggested an area of improvement, i.e. recognizing a blind alley when it’s inevitable and using his team-mates on those occasions.
    It’s a good point, certainly wasn’t overstated.

But there were plenty of occasions where he didn’t just run into that blind alley?

His best qualities are his feet, let him use them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement