Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Dragons (v Leinster Rugby):
    Jordan Williams, Dafydd Howells, Adam Warren, Jack Dixon, Hallam Amos, Josh Lewis, Rhodri Williams;
    Brok Harris, Elliot Dee, Lloyd Fairbrother, Matthew Screech, Cory Hill (c), Aaron Wainwright, Nic Cudd, Ross Moriarty

Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Ryan Bevington, Leon Brown, Brandon Nansen, Ollie Griffiths, Tavis Knoyle, Arwel Robson, Jarryd Sage

Three changes for Dragons, so they aren't lying down with this lineup. Still...

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (197)
    14. Jordan Larmour (23)
    13. Garry Ringrose (50)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (25)
    11. Dave Kearney (123)
    10. Johnny Sexton (148) CAPTAIN
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park (53)
    1. Ed Byrne (24)
    2. Sean Cronin (154)
    3. Andrew Porter (32)
    4. Scott Fardy (23)
    5. James Ryan (15)
    6. Max Deegan (23)
    7. Josh van der Flier (60)
    8. Jack Conan (75)

16. Bryan Byrne (27)
    17. Peter Dooley (49)
    18. Tadhg Furlong (85)
    19. Ross Molony (65)
    20. Caelan Doris (2)
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan (0)
    22. Noel Reid (101)
    23. Joe Tomane (2)

#PrayforBuernard

The line has gone from -30 to -38. Banker bonus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭scott1974

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (197)
    14. Jordan Larmour (23)
    13. Garry Ringrose (50)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (25)
    11. Dave Kearney (123)
    10. Johnny Sexton (148) CAPTAIN
    9. Jamison Gibson-Park (53)
    1. Ed Byrne (24)
    2. Sean Cronin (154)
    3. Andrew Porter (32)
    4. Scott Fardy (23)
    5. James Ryan (15)
    6. Max Deegan (23)
    7. Josh van der Flier (60)
    8. Jack Conan (75)

16. Bryan Byrne (27)
    17. Peter Dooley (49)
    18. Tadhg Furlong (85)
    19. Ross Molony (65)
    20. Caelan Doris (2)
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan (0)
    22. Noel Reid (101)
    23. Joe Tomane (2)

#PrayforBuernard

Strong side, I wonder why they couldn't have done this last week instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That back line should comfortably do some damage. It'll be interesting to see how DK goes with a run out with our first choice back line (scrum half aside).

Should really be a procession against that Dragons side but you never know how it'll go in the first game back. I'd imagine a pretty frustrating and sloppy BP win for us. 30-8 or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Delighted to see VDF back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

scott1974 wrote: »

Ireland International not allowed play

Interesting to see D Kearney on wing.....

I was hoping he would get some form back and has put in some good performance so far

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

scott1974 wrote: »

Sexton, Kearney and Ryan weren’t available and VDF and Ringrose are just back from injury.

Buer wrote: »
    That back line should comfortably do some damage. It'll be interesting to see how DK goes with a run out with our first choice back line (scrum half aside).

Should really be a procession against that Dragons side but you never know how it'll go in the first game back. I'd imagine a pretty frustrating and sloppy BP win for us. 30-8 or something.

Yo Buer, hop into your local bookies. You'll get nice odds on that margin.

Buer wrote: »

So far JGP has been the form 9 this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Based on that I'd expect something like the following next week, which is a much tougher game...

Healy Tracy Bent
    Molony Toner
    Ruddock Deegan VDF

McGrath Byrne
    Tomane Ringrose
    Lowe Kearney Byrne

Byrne, Byrne, Furlong, Kearney, Doris, JGP, Reid, Tomane

Personally I'd rather we switched those 2 sides around, but hey-ho. Tomorrow should be a handy 5 pointer, and a win next week over Edinburgh would be a good start to the campaign (15-16 points).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yo Buer, hop into your local bookies. You'll get nice odds on that margin.

Backing the Dragons?!

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

60 points plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Wow, that's some team. Didn't expect to see Henshaw two weeks in a row. This should be a turkey shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Jaysus, they can't even put Tomane in against the Dragons! Flogging Henshaw in a World Cup year instead

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just for the record.

Sexton last played against the Dragons 9 years and 2 days ago. He got a Yellow card.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Just for the record.

Sexton last played against the Dragons 9 years and 2 days ago. He got a Yellow card.

That's actually hilarious.

• Administrators Posts: 53,567 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This to me is where the IRFU policies can be a little rigid and non-sensical.

Leinster could have done with this team last week, and played last weeks team tomorrow. The difference from a player welfare point of view must be minimal.

But I guess Johnny Sexton just can't handle the strain of having to get on a plane before a Pro14 game or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Flogging Henshaw in a world cup year??

He's played 80 minutes this season haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

awec wrote: »
    This to me is where the IRFU policies can be a little rigid and non-sensical.

Leinster could have done with this team last week, and played last weeks team tomorrow. The difference from a player welfare point of view must be minimal.

But I guess Johnny Sexton just can't handle the strain of having to get on a plane before a Pro14 game or something.

We don't know what the rules or regs or minutes managed or what Johnnys fitness is like though.

Also we nearly won last week. If one of those kicks went over this conversation would be moot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

That's actually hilarious.

Yeah as I posted yesterday. Jackman has played Dragons more in the last ten years than Sexton. I'd guess even a few Dragons players have played against Dragons more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Jaysus, they can't even put Tomane in against the Dragons! Flogging Henshaw in a World Cup year instead

There's definitely a theme here. Why do you hate Tomane so much?

I was critical of him as well but Jaysus.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,297 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

troyzer wrote: »
    There's definitely a theme here. Why do you hate Tomane (foreigner players) so much?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭durthacht

troyzer wrote: »
    There's definitely a theme here. Why do you hate Tomane so much?

I was critical of him as well but Jaysus.

Because he's looking for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

durthacht wrote: »
    Because he's looking for attention.

Yeah at first it was just annoying nonsense but now it’s just plain attention seeking.

Might be a small thing called combinations.....

For the big games Henshaw and Ringrose are going to start so might be a small idea to give them a run out together before those games....

Nothing to do with Tomane at all....just good management

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

salmocab wrote: »
    Yeah at first it was just annoying nonsense but now it’s just plain attention seeking.

There's a great way of dealing with that too......
    awec wrote: »
    60 points plus.

Nah, we'll get in and around the 40 or so but that'll be it. We won't be firing on all cylinders and once the game is done we'll be making changes in all positions. Including 10. So Reid will play a good 20 mins at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Apologies if this has been mentioned recently, but is there any word whatsoever on the current status of SOB?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

kuang1 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been mentioned recently, but is there any word whatsoever on the current status of SOB?

He said he was nearly there on the radio last week and just needed a couple more weeks. Maybe Munster?

• Advertisement

I'll likely be proven wrong (:D) but the lineup suggests to me that it will be a mix and match for Edinburgh but a close to full team will travel to Galway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement