Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Backing the Dragons?!

If you like Dragons to be within 22 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    This to me is where the IRFU policies can be a little rigid and non-sensical.

Leinster could have done with this team last week, and played last weeks team tomorrow. The difference from a player welfare point of view must be minimal.

But I guess Johnny Sexton just can't handle the strain of having to get on a plane before a Pro14 game or something.

I'd much rather the way that it was. It's better for Leinster in the long run to have guys like Ross Byrne, ROL and Josh Murphy playing in Llanelli than a run out here where they won't be tested and will come away with a comfortable win.

The IRFU aren't going to want guys with injury records or returning from injury such as RK, Ringrose and Sexton playing in last week's fixture due to the intensity of it as an early league game and his first appearance where he's coming in cold. I posted previously this match would be Sexton's first appearance. It's a comfortable run out with less risk of a knock. There's clear sense in it.

And all in all, there isn't even that much between the two line ups that were named. There's more experience this week particularly in the backs but we've also lost Furlong, Toner, Ruddock, Lowe and Luke McGrath from the line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

troyzer wrote: »
    He said he was nearly there on the radio last week and just needed a couple more weeks. Maybe Munster?
    Should be week prior, Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭accensi0n

molloyjh wrote: »
    So Reid will play a good 20 mins at 10.

Exactly, so good for a few more tries and breaking someones ribs in defence.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

accensi0n wrote: »
    Exactly, so good for a few more tries and breaking someones ribs in defence.

#enforcer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Great to see VDF back. I hope he gets a good run of games to get back to where he was.
    Very strong side, lot of experience mixed with youth. Doris and Deegan can play down some markers.
    I expect Luke will start next week and hopefully Jack Mc zGrath is ready for the bench at least.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,279 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

leinster gone to -36 LOL

Dragons are 50-1 to win

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Jack Kelly CAPTAIN
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Hugo Keenan
    12. Conor O’Brien
    11. Michael Silvester
    10. Harry Byrne
    9. Patrick Patterson
    1. Michael Milne
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Mick Kearney
    5. Ian Nagle
    6. Oisín Dowling
    7. Scott Penny
    8. Ronan Foley

16. Dan Sheehan
    17. Giuseppe Coyne
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Jack Dunne
    20. Josh Murphy
    21. Cormac Foley
    22. David Hawkshaw
    23. Peter Maher

Is Charlie Rock gone from the Leinster setup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Is Charlie Rock gone from the Leinster setup?
    Yes. Confirmed back in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,920 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Strange demotion for Adam Byrne.

Thought he played well against the Scarlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Clegg wrote: »

I think there's a bit of rotation and also Leinster clearly trying to show they're taking this competition somewhat seriously.

Similar to having Molony line out last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It was actually the Blues in week 1, he didn't feature at all in Llanelli so I was expecting to see him this week.

I don't think he's a favourite of Leocaster though, he's probably bottom of the pecking order of the senior wingers.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ticket for the Munster game arrived, good to see Leinster sticking with the tradition of giving season ticket holders the worst seats they can possibly get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Ticket for the Munster game arrived, good to see Leinster sticking with the tradition of giving season ticket holders the worst seats they can possibly get away with.

You mean you don’t like sitting in the front row behind the goal? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,313 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah not awful but not the ones they will be able to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

I think there's a bit of rotation and also Leinster clearly trying to show they're taking this competition somewhat seriously.

Similar to having Molony line out last week.

Adam Byrne didn't play against the Scarlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    No James Lowe?

You seem to have somehow missed the underlying xenophobia in Richie’s posts. James Lowe = Johhny Foreigner

Not again, ffs. Those seats are the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

New season ticket holder here. Do you have to reserve a ticket for the Aviva? Thought you automatically get a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

degsie wrote: »
    New season ticket holder here. Do you have to reserve a ticket for the Aviva? Thought you automatically get a ticket.

You automatically get a ticket. They give you a short window to change the seat at the start of the season. I normally change ours to the opposite side but I forgot to this year

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

degsie wrote: »

You automatically get a ticket. The seat is generally rubbish.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

You automatically get a ticket. The seat is generally rubbish.

It definitely depends on where you have your ticket in the RDS.

dregin wrote: »
    It definitely depends on where you have your ticket in the RDS.

Yeah my seat has always been very good. My only complaint is that it's on the East side which is a pain to walk around to

Another fecking scarf. Thought it might be a hat this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Synode wrote: »
    Another fecking scarf. Thought it might be a hat this year

Was a bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I’m delighted, I got a free Leinster ticket with my annual scarf subscription!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Definite neck role. But ref could easily have called it when it happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

That lineout should be back from where ball was kicked?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement