Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

And then all we hear is the government only look after the rich and not the poor??????????

The government looks after the super rich and the welfare class. Everyone else has to cough up to support them and live a beans and toast lifestyle in order to do so.

I cannot understand why trade unions are not fighting harder for pay increases or tax reform for working people who cannot cope financially. People are cancelling trade union membership because they can no longer afford the union dues which unions take while doing nothing for workers.

The Margaret Cash case is not unique but it has unleashed a sense of rage and injustice in many people who get up early, have long commutes, work long hours and often return home to a cold house in winter because they have to economise on heating costs. They do without necessary trips to the doctor and dentist because they cannot afford it. Meanwhile those on medical cards clog up doctors' and dentists' surgeries.

The coping classes are too tired and beleaguered to arrange a march on Dail Eireann and the government knows it. The trade unions have been paid off so they do nothing for workers. That's why the government keeps hitting on us and taxing us more every year.

I commute by train every day - a crammed journey of more than an hour each way. Looking at the working people around me I see men and women who are too exhausted to think let alone be angry. People who are burnt out but have no choice but to keep going. People who will have to work until they are 70 to foot the ever increasing welfare bill. People who have been badly let down by the government. People who are being laughed at by the likes of Margaret Cash and others who milk the welfare system for what it's worth.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What do you think Ms. Cash should name her future children?

How about...

Moe Cash
    Max Cash
    Seymour Cash
    Lotta Cash
    Anita Cash
    Robin Cash

This really gets my goat. Made homeless with 5 kids and then have another anyway! WTAF?

https://www.facebook.com/hometruthsire/

“I was first made homeless in May 2016 with my partner and five kids.
    We were accommodated by homeless services in the town that I live in. Two months later, homeless services got us a house that they had for big families.
    In December last year while I was four months pregnant with my last baby, they pulled the house from us because they needed it for a bigger family. They told us that they could no longer accommodate us because they had no where to put us.
    We start staying in hostels with our kids but we found it extremely hard, as we had little or no income. So myself and my partner slept in a van while my kids were split up staying with different family members. We did this every night for three months.
    These family members are no longer available to look after my kids and I don’t want my family split up again. I was going through an enormous amount of stress and my baby stopped developing in my womb.
    With hard coaxing and a battle long fought, homeless services found us rooms in a few different hotels until my baby was born in May. Then they put us in student accommodation for 2 months, which was great as there was cooking facilities and plenty of room for the kids to play, rather than been stuck in a room all the time.
    Two weeks ago, homeless services called an urgent meeting with myself and my partner. They told us that they were suspending our services as they have nowhere to put us, and that they had received complaints about us over this two-month period that we were in student accommodation. They have no proof whatsoever of these complaints. I asked them where was I supposed to go with my kids, if they wouldn’t help me anymore because of the lies that some malicious person told. Their answer was ‘we do not know’.
    It just goes to show how corrupt our country is when a homeless service who is supposed to take people out of homelessness put myself and my family back into it for the second time.
    Homeless services are now taking me and my kids back on. They’re putting us up in a B&B tomorrow, but they’re refusing to accommodate my partner as he doesn’t pass for homeless services.
    They’re saying that I’m not allowed any visitors in my accommodation, and that includes my partner. If my partner is around the accommodation, they will pull their services from me and I’ll be left on the street again.
    We have everybody - doctors, social services, family services etc - saying I need my partner living with me, as I have six kids and I can’t do everything on my own, but homeless services are digging in their heels."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

This really gets my goat. Made homeless with 5 kids and then have another anyway! WTAF?

Sure the good old taxpayer will just pick up the bill

No worries

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

If any of us 'normals' speak out against Cash and her kind - we'll be condemned as 'racist', 'Thatcherite' and a whole plethora of insults designed to divide and denigrate us.
    What use is it going to be to help this woman, because - rest assured, a few of those kids better get used to sleeping in Garda stations if their Fathers career choice is anything to go by. 

The welfare state was designed to help the working classes of this country, who have been crushed by neo-liberal lies for the past thirty years. It was never intended to help out the non working class, such as Margaret Cash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

That's what I think annoys me the most about Margaret Cash. She had 1 child, went on to the housing list and then had 6 more kids while waiting for her accommodation! That's just crazy stuff, she must have had the attitude of 'the more kids I have, the bigger the house I'll get will be'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

https://www.facebook.com/hometruthsire/

“I was first made homeless in May 2016 with my partner and five kids.
    We were accommodated by homeless services in the town that I live in. Two months later, homeless services got us a house that they had for big families.
    In December last year while I was four months pregnant with my last baby, they pulled the house from us because they needed it for a bigger family. They told us that they could no longer accommodate us because they had no where to put us.
    We start staying in hostels with our kids but we found it extremely hard, as we had little or no income. So myself and my partner slept in a van while my kids were split up staying with different family members. We did this every night for three months.
    These family members are no longer available to look after my kids and I don’t want my family split up again. I was going through an enormous amount of stress and my baby stopped developing in my womb.
    With hard coaxing and a battle long fought, homeless services found us rooms in a few different hotels until my baby was born in May. Then they put us in student accommodation for 2 months, which was great as there was cooking facilities and plenty of room for the kids to play, rather than been stuck in a room all the time.
    Two weeks ago, homeless services called an urgent meeting with myself and my partner. They told us that they were suspending our services as they have nowhere to put us, and that they had received complaints about us over this two-month period that we were in student accommodation. They have no proof whatsoever of these complaints. I asked them where was I supposed to go with my kids, if they wouldn’t help me anymore because of the lies that some malicious person told. Their answer was ‘we do not know’.
    It just goes to show how corrupt our country is when a homeless service who is supposed to take people out of homelessness put myself and my family back into it for the second time.
    Homeless services are now taking me and my kids back on. They’re putting us up in a B&B tomorrow, but they’re refusing to accommodate my partner as he doesn’t pass for homeless services.
    They’re saying that I’m not allowed any visitors in my accommodation, and that includes my partner. If my partner is around the accommodation, they will pull their services from me and I’ll be left on the street again.
    We have everybody - doctors, social services, family services etc - saying I need my partner living with me, as I have six kids and I can’t do everything on my own, but homeless services are digging in their heels."

I went to that FB page but it's whine after entitled whine and it began to make me nauseous.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Ok im all for discussing this and having a rant over the constant piss taking of the tax payer but at the end of the day we dont have a chance in hell unless we petition the governments and tds

Perhaps someone here can put together 6/7 points of change wed like to see as hard working tax payers

Remember we are the discriminated at this stage

I went to that FB page but it's whine after entitled whine and it began to make me nauseous.

I’d like to know why they were evicted from the student accommodation and why her partner isn’t classed as homeless? This would indicate that he’s got a home. If so, why isn’t his family living with him?

Emme wrote: »
    I cannot understand why trade unions are not fighting harder for pay increases or tax reform for working people who cannot cope financially. People are cancelling trade union membership because they can no longer afford the union dues which unions take while doing nothing for workers.

The only areas where unions have genuine power anymore are the public sector and the semi-states. But in those cases they're often fighting for the "underpaid" €50k worker to make €70k. The unions just don't care anymore about the €30k worker in the private sector.
    I commute by train every day - a crammed journey of more than an hour each way. Looking at the working people around me I see men and women who are too exhausted to think let alone be angry. People who are burnt out but have no choice but to keep going. People who will have to work until they are 70 to foot the ever increasing welfare bill. People who have been badly let down by the government. People who are being laughed at by the likes of Margaret Cash and others who milk the welfare system for what it's worth.

Great post. You're absolutely right that ordinary working people are too tired out working 40 hours a week, maybe commuting 10-15 more, and spending a precious hour with their kids in the evening before bedtime. They're too worried about affording large mortgages or high rent, paying some of the highest childcare costs in the world (with no tax relief), and generally keeping the show on the road to get politically organized.

But the next time you see a politician out canvassing, ask how they define a "fair society." And ask how it's "fair" that those who work hard get nothing but a shafting by Revenue, while those who never lift a finger get everything handed to them. I'd love to hear how they would respond to that question.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I’d like to know why they were evicted from the student accommodation and why her partner isn’t classed as homeless? This would indicate that he’s got a home. If so, why isn’t his family living with him?

Lots of questions we are "evil" for asking apparently!!!!

The only areas where unions have genuine power anymore are the public sector and the semi-states. But in those cases they're often fighting for the "underpaid" €50k worker to make €70k. The unions just don't care anymore about the €30k worker in the private sector.

Unions don't care about the €30K worker in the public sector either. Or indeed anyone earning less than €50K. The unions that used to represent those workers sold them up the river during the last recession and all they do now is pocket union dues every month. In my organisation union shop stewards rarely answer emails from rank and file members. If the workers get a paltry increase the unions are sending bulletins around clapping themselves on the back for it. For what? The workers getting a small percentage back of the cuts they endured 7 years ago never mind the fact that prices have skyrocketed all round since then!

All they want is the union dues every month and are unwilling to do anything for it except to send bulletins around every now and then highlighting injustice in places like Palestine. OK, the situation in Palestine is unfair but talking about it won't put bread on the tables of rank and file union members. They also encourage people to go on weekend protests in Dublin on issues totally unrelated to their work but which are related to an issue which is highlighted in the media at that time. This is fine in theory but if you're a commuter your weekends are precious and you would rather spend that time with your family and catching up on housework which goes undone during the week. The unions are supposed to be working for their members, their members should not feel obliged to go on protests regarding matters totally unrelated to their work.

I am going off topic here. However it would not surprise me if unions encourage workers to go out and march so that the likes of Margaret Cash can be housed while they ignore the far bigger issue of workers being able to afford accommodation within reasonable distance of their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭McGrath5

How about...

Moe Cash
    Max Cash
    Seymour Cash
    Lotta Cash
    Anita Cash
    Robin Cash

Possible scope for a reality TV show?

"Cashing in with the Cash's"

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

McGrath5 wrote: »

Cash in the Attic?

Yer man would have plenty experience.

In fairness it isn't just Margaret Cash. She is in the media but there are a lot more people milking the welfare system for what it's worth, many from the settled community and many who see the Irish welfare system as a good thing.

One guy (I can't remember where he was from) said in an interview that he came to Ireland because everyone got the basics. He wasn't working at the time. If he got a job in the meantime he might have changed his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Cash herself is not the problem. The system is the problem.

She only has a primary education because travellers take their children out of school at a very early age. The state needs to stop pandering to "traveller culture" and crack down on practices of early school leaving in this community. The Education (Welfare) Act 2000 says that children must stay in school until age 16 or until they complete three years of post-primary education, whichever is the later. I know that if I took my child out of school at the age of 11 or 12, somebody would soon be knocking on the door to ask questions. So why isn't the law enforced when it comes to travellers?

Welfare reform and tax reform are also urgently needed. Many people in Ireland with college degrees and good jobs can't afford to buy a home or have a family due to the extortionate cost of housing and childcare. If they get a raise or a bonus that could help them, they must hand over 52% of it to the state to fund the so-called "fair society" that the politicians are always warbling on about.

And then there are the welfare dependents, for whom every additional baby adds to the household income and moves the family up the local authority housing list -- so they have every incentive to have big families so that they can get more income and free houses.

A "fair society" is not one where all the benefits go to those who contribute nothing. That's a profoundly unfair society. But things won't change until the majority of Irish people wake up and realize that

Great post.
    Lots of questions IMO for the next politician asking for our votes.

If this situation has highlighted anything it is the fact that it is absolutely and totally UNFAIR that someone gets 50k odd, into their always outstretched hand while never having contributed anything in any shape or form to the pot from which this seeming endless money flows to people like her.
    Still less contributed to society.

And the only reaction from her when she was initially given the apartment in the city was to whine about having to bring the children to school by Luas. Listen carefully, you might hear a sound, it's my heart bleeding. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

A petition needs to be drafted

We are the one discriminated against

This is taken from many peoples post on this thread. Needs a bit of work and I hope I Haven't misrepresented people

Copy, paste, make changes etc

Dear *insert TDs name here*
    I refer to the recent coverage of the Margaret Cash case where a ‘homeless’ mother of seven choose to sleep in Tallaght Garda Station. Ms Cash has been name checked by FF, Labour and SF as a stick to beat this government with in terms of the housing crisis. I don't support FG but Margaret Cash is exactly the wrong type of example to use.

By her own admission MS Cash is on the housing list 11 years which means that she first got on the list at 17. Ms Cash left school at 12. The Education (Welfare) Act 2000 says that children must stay in school until age 16 or until they complete three years of post-primary education, whichever is the later. Why was she allowed to do this? Why wasn’t the law enforced?

The story has been spun in the media and by opposition politicians as a Single Homeless mother of 7 sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids rather than Homeless mother of 7 chooses to sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids. It is interesting to note that she was only single whilst the father of the children was on remand in Cloverhill prison.

Indeed Ms Cash has had a family which is 100% dependent on welfare and the generosity of the Irish people.

Welfare reform and tax reform are also urgently needed. Many people in Ireland with college degrees and good jobs can't afford to buy a home or have a family due to the extortionate cost of housing and childcare. If they get a raise or a bonus that could help them, they must hand over 52% of it to the state to fund the so-called "fair society" that the politicians are always warbling on about.

And then there are the welfare dependents, for whom every additional baby adds to the household income and moves the family up the local authority housing list -- so they have every incentive to have big families so that they can get more income and free houses.

A "fair society" is not one where all the benefits go to those who contribute nothing. That's a profoundly unfair society. But things won't change until the majority of Irish people wake up and realize that.
    The Margaret Cash case is not unique but it has unleashed a sense of rage and injustice in many people who get up early, have long commutes, work long hours and often return home to a cold house in winter because they have to economise on heating costs. They do without necessary trips to the doctor and dentist because they cannot afford it. Meanwhile those on medical cards clog up doctors' and dentists' surgeries.

The coping classes are too tired and beleaguered to arrange a march on Dail Eireann and the government knows it. That's why the government keeps hitting on us and taxing us more every year.

I commute by car every day 45 or mins each way. Others live in neighbouring counties and commute to Dublin to work by train - a crammed journey of more than an hour each way. They can see working people just trying to make ends meet. Men and women who are too exhausted to think let alone be angry. People who are burnt out but have no choice but to keep going. People who will have to work until they are 70 to foot the ever increasing welfare bill. People who have been badly let down by the government. People who are being laughed at by the likes of Margaret Cash and others who milk the welfare system for what it's worth.

If this situation has highlighted anything it is the fact that it is absolutely and totally UNFAIR that someone gets 50k odd, into their always outstretched hand paid for by the taxpayer while never having contributed anything in any shape or form to the pot from which this seeming endless money flows to people like her.

And the only reaction from her when she was initially given the apartment in the city was to whine about having to bring the children to school by Luas and that she wants a house in Tallaght near her family.

Others have to buy and live where they can afford to not where they want to live. What make Margaret Cash so special that she can pick and choose where she wants to live?

cliggg wrote: »
    That's what I think annoys me the most about Margaret Cash. She had 1 child, went on to the housing list and then had 6 more kids while waiting for her accommodation! That's just crazy stuff, she must have had the attitude of 'the more kids I have, the bigger the house I'll get will be'.

Cash is now 28 and her oldest child is 11, so it seems that she first got pregnant when she was around 16 or 17. She was already on the housing list when most girls her age were studying for their Leaving Cert. But her timing was unfortunate -- that's also around when the financial crisis hit, so government spending was cut back severely at the same time thousands more people piled onto the social housing waiting list.

I'm guessing she thought she could get into pole position on the list if she just kept popping out babies -- which she did, for a decade. But seven kids and no free house later, she decided that she could up the ante even more by pulling her Garda Station stunt.

I have no doubt that it's the quest for a free house and ever more benefits that has been motivating her all along.

I have no doubt that it's the quest for a free house and ever more benefits that has been motivating her all along.

And many others. It's nothing new. In the early 00s a teacher friend did a stint in a school where a lot of people in the area were on welfare. She was 22 and teaching girls aged 12-18. Some of her pupils were pregnant at the time and this was regarded as completely normal.

The girls asked her if she had a car - she hadn't at the time. They asked her if she had a house - she was renting at the time. One of the girls piped up that her sister of 20 had a house and got it after having 2 children.

When she asked the girls what they wanted to do after they left school some openly said that working was a mugs game and they were going to have children and get a house. Others chose professions such as hairdressing where they could do nixers on the side and get tax free money.

My friend found the girls very savvy compared to some of the middle class girls she had taught in other schools.

They liked her and asked her if they would like them to get her new clothes or shoes because they noticed she was wearing the same clothes and shoes most of the time. She said no and they said to her to go into a shop such as Dunnes or Penneys and they would "lift" whatever she wanted for her!

I cannot understand why the government is saying we will have full employment in 2019 yet so many people are taking from the system and apparently choosing not to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

How about...

Moe Cash
    Max Cash
    Seymour Cash
    Lotta Cash
    Anita Cash
    Robin Cash

Ivana Cash

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I cannot understand why the government is saying we will have full employment in 2019 yet so many people are taking from the system and apparently choosing not to work.
    Full employment is a term used by all governments and doesn't mean 100% of people are working...
    Full employment means that everyone who wants a job can have work hours they need on "fair wages". Because people switch jobs, full employment means a stable rate of unemployment around 1 to 2 per cent of the total workforce, but does not allow for underemployment where part-time workers cannot find hours they need for a decent living. In macroeconomics, full employment is sometimes defined as the level of employment at which there is no cyclical or deficient-demand unemployment.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_employment
    I think it's around 4 or 5 percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Cash Register".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The Nal wrote: »
    "Cash Register".

"Cash in Transit."

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

And many others. It's nothing new. In the early 00s a teacher friend did a stint in a school where a lot of people in the area were on welfare. She was 22 and teaching girls aged 12-18. Some of her pupils were pregnant at the time and this was regarded as completely normal.

The girls asked her if she had a car - she hadn't at the time. They asked her if she had a house - she was renting at the time. One of the girls piped up that her sister of 20 had a house and got it after having 2 children.

When she asked the girls what they wanted to do after they left school some openly said that working was a mugs game and they were going to have children and get a house. Others chose professions such as hairdressing where they could do nixers on the side and get tax free money.

My friend found the girls very savvy compared to some of the middle class girls she had taught in other schools.

They liked her and asked her if they would like them to get her new clothes or shoes because they noticed she was wearing the same clothes and shoes most of the time. She said no and they said to her to go into a shop such as Dunnes or Penneys and they would "lift" whatever she wanted for her!

This is the reason why the 'Alt Right' have gained power, and Donald Trump is in charge in America. 
    Honest people don't get an even break, and the skangers, the scum, the tracksuit classes, with voices like unsilenced motorbikes screw us ordinaries over. They don't even respect us for it either. They see us as fodder to be assaulted and stolen from.
    Enough is enough, its time that lot found out the meaning of 'Tugann Saothar Saoirse'

In fairness it isn't just Margaret Cash. She is in the media but there are a lot more people milking the welfare system for what it's worth, many from the settled community and many who see the Irish welfare system as a good thing.

That's all true. Unfortunately, in Ireland, anyone who challenges the status quo quickly gets labeled as a right-wing Thatcherite -- as Varadkar was when he said that the government needed a new social contract with "people who get up in the morning."

But this is not right-wing Thatcherism. It's pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

When hard-working people are giving 52% of every additional euro they earn to the state, it only adds insult to injury when people like Margaret Cash expect to have their large families housed, clothed, fed, and supported for free by the taxpayer. If we can't afford our own house and our own kids, why are we housing Ms. Cash and raising her kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"Cash in Transit."

The episode when her fella is coming off smack:

"Cash Withdrawal".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The Nal wrote: »
    The episode when her fella is coming of smack:

"Cash Withdrawal".

Or about their sex life

'Cash refuses to withdraw'

That's all true. Unfortunately, in Ireland, anyone who challenges the status quo quickly gets labeled as a right-wing Thatcherite -- as Varadkar was when he said that the government needed a new social contract with "people who get up in the morning."

But this is not right-wing Thatcherism. It's pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

When hard-working people are giving 52% of every additional euro they earn to the state, it only adds insult to injury when people like Margaret Cash expect to have their large families housed, clothed, fed, and supported for free by the taxpayer. If we can't afford our own house and our own kids, why are we housing Ms. Cash and raising her kids?

Borrowing some of that

Dear *insert TDs name here*
    I refer to the recent coverage of the Margaret Cash case where a ‘homeless’ mother of seven choose to sleep in Tallaght Garda Station. Ms Cash has been name checked by FF, Labour and SF as a stick to beat this government with in terms of the housing crisis. I don't support FG but Margaret Cash is exactly the wrong type of example to use.

By her own admission MS Cash is on the housing list 11 years which means that she first got on the list at 17. Ms Cash left school at 12. The Education (Welfare) Act 2000 says that children must stay in school until age 16 or until they complete three years of post-primary education, whichever is the later. Why was she allowed to do this? Why wasn’t the law enforced?

The story has been spun in the media and by opposition politicians as a Single Homeless mother of 7 sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids rather than Homeless mother of 7 chooses to sleeps in Garda station with 6 kids. It is interesting to note that she was only single whilst the father of the children was on remand in Cloverhill prison.

Indeed Ms Cash has had a family which is 100% dependent on welfare and the generosity of the Irish people.

A "fair society" is not one where all the benefits go to those who contribute nothing. That's a profoundly unfair society. But things won't change until the majority of Irish people wake up and realize that.

The coping classes are too tired and beleaguered to arrange a march on Dail Eireann and the government knows it. That's why the government keeps hitting on us and taxing us more every year.

I commute by car every day 45 or mins each way. Others live in neighbouring counties and commute to Dublin to work by train - a crammed journey of more than an hour each way. They can see working people just trying to make ends meet. Men and women who are too exhausted to think let alone be angry. People who are burnt out but have no choice but to keep going. People who will have to work until they are 70 to foot the ever increasing welfare bill. People who have been badly let down by the government. People who are being laughed at by the likes of Margaret Cash and others who milk the welfare system for what it's worth.

If this situation has highlighted anything it is the fact that it is absolutely and totally UNFAIR that someone gets 50k odd, into their always outstretched hand paid for by the taxpayer while never having contributed anything in any shape or form to the pot from which this seeming endless money flows to people like her.

And the only reaction from her when she was initially given the apartment in the city was to whine about having to bring the children to school by Luas and that she wants a house in Tallaght near her family.

Others have to buy and live where they can afford to not where they want to live. What make Margaret Cash so special that she can pick and choose where she wants to live?

I know that you will dismiss this email but it is about pointing out the blunt truth that welfare dependents are not the only ones who deserve to live in a fair society. Working people need a bit of fairness too. They deserve the chance to own a home, raise a family, and enjoy some of the fruits of their hard work without running into the "triple whammy" of high house prices, extortionate taxes, and the highest childcare costs in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

In that section about leaving school at 12, I'd also mention getting married at 15. Another illegal act

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement