Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I reckon the approval is more or less factored in so I wouldn't be looking to flip it short term based on that. They have pretty much established the sales channels to cash in on approval so that's where price appreciation will come over the next months and years.

So no point throwing couple € in? Better off a more significant punt (few hundred, 1k) and sit on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

So no point throwing couple € in? Better off a more significant punt (few hundred, 1k) and sit on it?

As Skelet0n said, it's probably as good a price as you'll get.
    I doubt it'll double on approval so if you're looking to turn 1k into 2k overnight it's unlikely but in the next 3/6/9 months then there is a good chance of that as they generate revenue.

Of course, all of the above depends on a) approval and b) getting the anticipated sales.

As Skelet0n said, it's probably as good a price as you'll get.
    I doubt it'll double on approval so if you're looking to turn 1k into 2k overnight it's unlikely but in the next 3/6/9 months then there is a good chance of that as they generate revenue.

Of course, all of the above depends on a) approval and b) getting the anticipated sales.

Yes. Thanks folks. Think I'll go in for 30 shares .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

I reckon the approval is more or less factored in so I wouldn't be looking to flip it short term based on that. They have pretty much established the sales channels to cash in on approval so that's where price appreciation will come over the next months and years.

I'm not sure approval is priced in, I'd wager on a 20% bump. Then again with biotech stocks you never know, could run away for 50% with a pullback afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Porsche at an 11 month low, cheap at this level IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Porsche at an 11 month low, cheap at this level IMO.

Yea i'm loading up shorty. Seeing how low it goes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,133 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yea i'm loading up shorty. Seeing how low it goes first.

You keep saying that, and buying more and then it goes further down :p

Holding mine anyway, not a chance I'll sell them for what I paid for them. They'll come back up, the future is bright.

Reckon this could be looking at large gains if approved in Oct? Is $9 good value right now?

Support is at 8.8 so if you can snag it there while it's in a correction that would be the best possible price. Can't see it getting that low myself though.

Ha - got at at market open at 9.25 :(. Only bought 30 though.

unkel wrote: »
    You keep saying that, and buying more and then it goes further down :p

Holding mine anyway, not a chance I'll sell them for what I paid for them. They'll come back up, the future is bright.

I've no worries it will come back, production has started on the new Macan, knocking out 420 a day now, China is lapping them up and the states ran out of the old model which effected sales numbers in the last results. They've already upped estimates for China a few weeks ago.
    Don't see anything bad coming only the truck load or VW shares they own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭valoren

Starbucks and Altria trading at fair value per dividend adjusted peg ratio.

Ah that's nothing to worry about, all just up and down noise until approval.

Can go up just as quickly as down, it's day two of the bio bleed, stay long and strong!

Can go up just as quickly as down, it's day two of the bio bleed, stay long and strong!

That's what she said

All Nasdaq biotech stocks had a 20 share transaction yesterday at 16:21:25 which were then cancelled at 16:21:47 or 16:21:48.

Down to the second, computerised price manipulation.

That's what she said

Just gotta ride it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Skelet0n wrote: »
    All Nasdaq biotech stocks had a 20 share transaction yesterday at 16:21:25 which were then cancelled at 16:21:47 or 16:21:48.

Down to the second, computerised price manipulation.

What can you read into that?

Pussyhands wrote: »

Just that these red days are engineered to trigger stop-losses and scare off weak hands. Suppose it's obvious that price manipulation is ongoing, just was surprised how blatant it is.

Tesla on sale..

Tesla on sale..

That's one word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Deub

There are news of Jack Ma (Alibaba CEO) announcing his retirement on Monday. The share is likely to take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Deub wrote: »
    There are news of Jack Ma (Alibaba CEO) announcing his retirement on Monday. The share is likely to take a hit.

I haven't invested in this however looking at the share price over the past five days the price has dropped from around 175 to 162.37 so perhaps the market is already aware of this and has taken this information partially into account for the price. Thoughts anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Pussyhands wrote: »

I'm not saying Illuminati.
    But.... Illuminati.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Current thoughts on Tesla & Ryanair guys/gals?

Can't see Ryanair going much lower. Easy 10/20% to be made in the coming months I reckon.

Tesla is anyone's guess but I'm long.

thomas 123 wrote: »

I think €13 looks a good entry point for Ryanair.

God knows what could happen with Tesla.

Is that mass strike still going ahead, could push it a bit lower. Are ryanair buying back shares lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Is that mass strike still going ahead, could push it a bit lower. Are ryanair buying back shares lately?

Yes and yes

thomas 123 wrote: »

Both great buys at the moment IMO.
    Ryanair is attractive longterm but I'd expect 10/20% rise before year end as someone else mentioned.

Tesla, longterm who knows but I reckon Tesla shares are hugely likely to be back at $350 before end of October, the next results on model 3 numbers will be good I reckon, the Chinese projects are advancing and the recent fall in stock price was based on media coverage of Musk being a tad Muskish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I like Ryan Air long term but Tesla is a much bigger risk
    new orders have slowed down significantly and they are dealing with a large amount of cancellations
    reviews from owners have been poor , ( I see What car stating 50% of owners surveyed had problems )
    the share was always valued on what the company might be rather than what it is and that is surely in flux right now .

Advertisement