Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bulter503

Polar wrote: »
    Hi All, 
    Just wondering did anyone who moved in recently have any update on VirginMedia? I can't seem to get anywhere with them over the phone :(
    Hey,
    We are in since 12 feb and only now are we getting virgin sorted. Absolute mare of a job. If you want anything done, go to their shop in blanch, can at least talk to real people there. You can see on the site that the other houses in the estate have the service so they can open a case to get you switched on. It is a slow and laborious process. We have been using sairview and wifi hotspot from the phones (which have very poor reception, apart from one room).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Samson78

Is there any other provider option in the estate? Can you get Sky TV/Internet? Also what have peoples experience been with Mobile networks? We are currently 3 and hoping thee will be coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DDpool

We were hoping if someone who has already moved in to the Type B new layout could let us know if the kitchen wall tiles are included? Many thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polar

Bulter503 wrote: »
    Hey,
    We are in since 12 feb and only now are we getting virgin sorted. Absolute mare of a job. If you want anything done, go to their shop in blanch, can at least talk to real people there. You can see on the site that the other houses in the estate have the service so they can open a case to get you switched on. It is a slow and laborious process. We have been using sairview and wifi hotspot from the phones (which have very poor reception, apart from one room).

Arrived home on Wednesday and it was working! I was onto them a couple of times that day to try and push them. Hopefully the process speeds up a bit for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

We've recently been given a date for our notice of closing, being told it's the week commencing 14 May. For those who have recently received the notice of closing and have snagged how accurate was your estimated date? Was the 14 day period for the snagging strictly adhered to or did it run over that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Hi, would anyone already have window measurements for the type B(new layout) that you could share? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Macdaddy7

Hi. We got our clsoing date for our house in Carton Wood - 29th of June. However, I had a look at the house the other day and there appears to be a lot of work remaining. Also, the area across the road looks to be miles away from finisihing and I doubt we can move in until they are finished, due to H&S.

Anyone have any opinion on the dates you might have received or is anyone else in the same boat? Would need to be in by the end of July........

• Registered Users Posts: 39 med1989

Hi,

I don't mean to seem defeatist but we were told we would move in on 30th March and we got our key on 2nd week in May. Keep on their backs about council documents - they take 21 working days to come back and they failed to mention this to us until after we had the snag done. If you are hoping to get in in July, they would need to be sending those documents in now.

My advice - hound them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheRego

Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get Sky in their houses yet - tv and broadband?

From scoping out, I see that Virgin Media was an option, just wondering if there's an alternative!

Thanks in advance

Would anyone have the recommendation of someone that would do a snag list for me? Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Macdaddy7 wrote: »
    Would anyone have the recommendation of someone that would do a snag list for me? Thanks in advance.

Hi, will send you on the details of you we used :)

TheRego wrote: »
    Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get Sky in their houses yet - tv and broadband?

From scoping out, I see that Virgin Media was an option, just wondering if there's an alternative!

Thanks in advance

Hi, We have Sky for our TV, but they did not offer fibre broadband so went with Virgin for the broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 3 edbarr

Hi, looking at the next phase which launches in 3/4 weeks approx. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of negative comments here. Would like peoples unbiased opinions, preferably from those who have already moved in. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

edbarr wrote: »
    Hi, looking at the next phase which launches in 3/4 weeks approx. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of negative comments here. Would like peoples unbiased opinions, preferably from those who have already moved in. Thanks.

Hi, we moved in about 6 weeks ago and so far delighted with the move! The negative comments are by and large due to the significant delays many of us from the first phase experienced. They seem to be much more efficient at turning the houses around now and they are flying along. Every new house will have its issues and we have had some minor problems which by and large have been resolved. We've met some lovely neighbours and it's a very quiet estate which I think will mature very well over time.
    Best of luck with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 edbarr

Hi, we moved in about 6 weeks ago and so far delighted with the move! The negative comments are by and large due to the significant delays many of us from the first phase experienced. They seem to be much more efficient at turning the houses around now and they are flying along. Every new house will have its issues and we have had some minor problems which by and large have been resolved. We've met some lovely neighbours and it's a very quiet estate which I think will mature very well over time.
    Best of luck with your decision.

Thanks for the feedback, sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fifib25

Hi guys,

I’m moving into a Type A in November and ordered a super king mattress at the weekend. The guy in the shop was skeptical as to whether we’d get it up the stairs. Has anyone tried to get a super king into the Type A master bedroom?

fifib25 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I’m moving into a Type A in November and ordered a super king mattress at the weekend. The guy in the shop was skeptical as to whether we’d get it up the stairs. Has anyone tried to get a super king into the Type A master bedroom?

Hi,

I moved into a type A house recently and got a couple of king size beds. It was tight but mostly not troublesome getting them in.

Not sure if a super king would fit. Also, with the king size bed, there's not a whole lot of space in the bedroom, between the two sets of sockets and in relation to the ensuite door. The room is huge and plenty of room from top to bottom and around the window. Where the bed is supposed to go has a wall that comes out a bit and makes it tight enough.

Personally I am pleased I went for a king and not a super king.

Thanks Macdaddy7. I knew it'd be tight on that wall with the ensuite door. I was thinking I could put it in the bay window if I had to.

The shop has offered to send their delivery guys to the show house to see if there's enough room on the landing. The only problem is that the site manager won't let them in without me being there. Was hoping to avoid taking a day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 karkakarka

Hi guys,

Does anyone know when (or if) will the proposed creche start operating?
    And in regards to the proposed park that can be found on the site map, is this that council is aware of and has any plans to implement in the nearest future?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the "proposed park" is the land between the estate and the Blacklion Road; that is pure fantasy on the part of the builder as there are no proposals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 karkakarka

Not sure where's Blacklion Road.
    It's marked on the carton wood site map as 'proposed park' - North of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Top_Guy

Can anyone recommend a good snagger? Thanks in advance!

For anyone who's interested, I've got confirmation that a super king size bed will NOT fit up the stairs in the Type A.

The problem is the distance from the ceiling to the stairs where the bedroom hangs out over it - since the Type B layout is almost identical, I'd guess it'd have the same problem.

L1011 wrote: »
    If the "proposed park" is the land between the estate and the Blacklion Road; that is pure fantasy on the part of the builder as there are no proposals.

I recommend you check out KCC's development plan for Maynooth.

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/MaynoothLAP2013-2019/KCCMaynoothLAPPartC.pdf

As you can see, the "proposed park" is zoned as "open space and amenity". The plan lists the things that are and aren't permitted under each zoning heading. There are no timelines though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tp1980

Top_Guy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good snagger? Thanks in advance!
    @top_guy have you sourced a good snagger as of yet? I have emailed <SNIP>, he was recommended to me, his quote was €400 to snag a 130sm house (4B type). Would that be expensive? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

tp1980 wrote: »
    @top_guy have you sourced a good snagger as of yet? I have emailed <SNIP>, he was recommended to me, his quote was €400 to snag a 130sm house (4B type). Would that be expensive? thanks.

Sounds very pricey, check out home <SNIP>

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

fifib25 wrote: »
    I recommend you check out KCC's development plan for Maynooth.

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/MaynoothLAP2013-2019/KCCMaynoothLAPPartC.pdf

As you can see, the "proposed park" is zoned as "open space and amenity". The plan lists the things that are and aren't permitted under each zoning heading. There are no timelines though.

I was fully aware of this already.

That doesn't mean there'll ever be a park there. There's no plans, no money. Amenity can be buildings too - the new Presbyterian church in Maynooth is being built on amenity zoned land

tp1980 wrote: »

I received a few names from savills via email. I can share them with you if you like, pm me. No idea if they are good though - I've gotten quotes for between 240 to 275, and a re-inspection for after works are carried out is costing about 75 euro.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sounds very pricey, check out <SNIP>

Hi would you recommend <SNIP>? Trying to get a recommendation myself

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Recommendations by PM please folks.

Advertisement