Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlexCT

What phase was this? (we are still waiting to hear when we can snag etc.) Thanks
    It was a last phase in my case (opened last September-October for sale).
    I give the snag list for the builder last Friday (18-01-19). They sent it out to the site last Monday, and today they told me that it is ready to do the re-inspection this Friday(25-1-19). I am shocked that it is too quick regarding to 124 snags (including the mold treatment and some big stuffs) need to be repair. Does it normal take that short time to repair snags in Carton Wood in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

AlexCT wrote: »
    It was a last phase in my case (opened last September-October for sale).
    I give the snag list for the builder last Friday (18-01-19). They sent it out to the site last Monday, and today they told me that it is ready to do the re-inspection this Friday(25-1-19). I am shocked that it is too quick regarding to 124 snags (including the mold treatment and some big stuffs) need to be repair. Does it normal take that short time to repair snags in Carton Wood in general?

That does sound fast, but I believe they are wrapping up all the latest batch of houses (lot of builders have moved onto the creche) so this may mean they have had time to get through it quickly. If you attended the first snag yourself and know what issues to check through are, I would attend yourself and see for yourself exactly how complete it is, then arrange for a follow up a few days later with a paid snagger. Otherwise you could be wasting your money on a re-snag and still have outstanding issues to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SomeMan_87

Great to hear things are moving along in Carton wood- we were told it will be March before we will complete snag list and close on sale. What are the common snags people in Carton Wood have had to get fixed? would be great know what we should be looking out for! TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Hi guys-We should be moving into our three bed semi hopefully in March.This question is more for the mams-Our little lad was born last week, does anyone know if there is any new mother meet up groups in Maynooth? I think it would be nice for my wife to meet up for a coffee with other mams when im away at work during the day.I looked online but couldnt really see anything.Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

I've often seen meet-ups like that being arranged through the "Maynooth Notice Boards" private facebook group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I've often seen meet-ups like that being arranged through the "Maynooth Notice Boards" private facebook group.
    Thank you Aine, will check it out

Is it possible to get in and have a look around the house or do you have to wait until its time to snag before being able to arrange a visit?? I know its technically a building site, but if i was to head up on a Saturday (when its relatively quiet on the site) with a hi vis and hard hat would they let me have a look around?

SomeMan_87 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get in and have a look around the house or do you have to wait until its time to snag before being able to arrange a visit?? I know its technically a building site, but if i was to head up on a Saturday (when its relatively quiet on the site) with a hi vis and hard hat would they let me have a look around?
    They have been a bit difficult with us regarding this. We had a look a few months back but it had to be with the guys from the office. When we asked could we have another look at a time that suited us (i.e. not in the afternoon on a weekday), they claimed it wasn't possible! Hope you have better luck!!!

Thank you! We have only been in the show house when we put the booking deposit down and have not been in since, getting floors and blinds sorted so would be good to be able to take some measurements!

Can anyone recommend a good company for the snag? We got a quote for €410 from one, but we have no idea what the norm is! Any help?! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 laraine94

Can anyone recommend a good company for the snag? We got a quote for €410 from one, but we have no idea what the norm is! Any help?! Thanks.

We just snagged today. The guy we got charged us €190. Haven’t gotten the report from him yet (he said it would be ready Friday) but I can DM his details if you want?

laraine94 wrote: »
    We just snagged today. The guy we got charged us €190. Haven’t gotten the report from him yet (he said it would be ready Friday) but I can DM his details if you want?

Would appreciate that! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 morant3

Were you happy with report? Would you mind sharing details for snagger with me also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nobodysrobots

Anyone know how many units are remaining of the final phase + prices?
    Also , How much of this development is allocated to social housing?
    Is there much trouble from the halting site? Any horses, dogs , litter etc ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 housebuyer18

Not sure how many if any houses are left as they were selling show houses recently. Contact Savills though as they'll be able to tell you. Social housing is 10% I think same as all new developments. Halting site a non issue doesn't affect estate at all. Lovely quiet estate full of young families.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Triciadumgret

Hi everyone

I'm looking at the 5 bedroom in carton wood but there are none available to view and only a few left! It's a massive move for me and my 3 children. Would any of you lovely people let me have a look at your home? I know it's a big ask... I'll bring flowers, wine and chocolates.

Looks like a lovely estate!

Thanks all

Tricia

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AlexCT

Hi,
    Could anybody recommend for me a security alarm system for a house? Thank a lot.

Hi everyone

I'm looking at the 5 bedroom in carton wood but there are none available to view and only a few left! It's a massive move for me and my 3 children. Would any of you lovely people let me have a look at your home? I know it's a big ask... I'll bring flowers, wine and chocolates.

Looks like a lovely estate!

Thanks all

Tricia

Hi Tricia, I just saw on daft that they have open viewings on the 5 bed homes Sat 2nd & 3rd of March.

Hi all, just wondering what people's experiences of their re-snag was? Was everything (or at least majority) of things fixed? Thanks.

Hi all, just wondering what people's experiences of their re-snag was? Was everything (or at least majority) of things fixed? Thanks.

There was 18 very minor items left when we re-snagged but they had them all complete the day after we submitted the re-snag list. We had the keys 2 days later.

• Advertisement

We found that most of the minor things weren't done at all! Did KCC drag their feet in relation to signing off?

No there was no issue with KCC. We got the keys 3 days after we submitted the re-snag. We were surprised it was so quick.

We're having a nightmare with Virgin though. They're saying they don't service the area but Anthony Nevilles have told us the services are there, Virgin just need to send someone out to connect the house to the road but trying to get Virgin to call out is proving impossible!

They said there is a case open but there has been no movement on it!

If you're planning on going with Virgin I would start contacting them now so they might have it sorted for when you move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tp1980

No there was no issue with KCC. We got the keys 3 days after we submitted the re-snag. We were surprised it was so quick.

We're having a nightmare with Virgin though. They're saying they don't service the area but Anthony Nevilles have told us the services are there, Virgin just need to send someone out to connect the house to the road but trying to get Virgin to call out is proving impossible!

They said there is a case open but there has been no movement on it!

If you're planning on going with Virgin I would start contacting them now so they might have it sorted for when you move in.

Initially when my partner contacted Virgin Media (it was the second week in December) they said the same thing. Then I have called them separately (as we need to be able to work remotely so it was very important for us to have wifi), spoke with a different person in Virgin Media and had someone coming in to connect us two days after. The houses are connected with Virgin Media boxes so there should be no problem at all. I think it is just a communication issue with the staff working at Virgin Media so I would suggest that you should insist or ask to speak with a different person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I'm going to guess here and suggest the Virgin side are getting confused between Carton Wood and the houses in Carton estate, Leinster Wood, Carton Demesne whoch aren't served.

We have been phoning them every other day since last week. Finally got someone today who said they they will get someone to call out and connect the house! She said it will hopefully be sorted next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

I’m looking at buying one of the last few 4 bed semis but the only ones left (type b) are east facing - the row from number 51 onwards. Does anyone on this thread live in one of these houses and if so are they still quite bright? I know the back gardens won’t get evening sun but interested in knowing how light they feel generally

• Registered Users Posts: 6 patrickk_ie

Hi,

Another question in relation to the Type B 4 bed semis.

We are wondering about the amount of storage in the kitchen - from looking at the show-house it doesn't appear like there is a huge amount.

For people who live in them, do you find the storage to be adequate?
    Is there much/any flexibility around the kitchen layout/configuration - were people able to request additional storage to be built in, or any other changes?
    Would love to hear what anyone else has done.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Hi,

Another question in relation to the Type B 4 bed semis.

We are wondering about the amount of storage in the kitchen - from looking at the show-house it doesn't appear like there is a huge amount.

For people who live in them, do you find the storage to be adequate?
    Is there much/any flexibility around the kitchen layout/configuration - were people able to request additional storage to be built in, or any other changes?
    Would love to hear what anyone else has done.

Thanks,
    Patrick

I understand the kitchen company (Cawleys) are able to modify the cabinets in the kitchen to some extent. I'm not sure how much extra storage they can provide but might be worth calling them to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Brian King

Hi there, I have bought a 4 bed in phase 3, just waiting for building completion. Has anyone else who bought in the same phase noticed that our walls are about 10 foot high? Not only will they affect sunlight, but the reason is the gardens in the houses behind are higher. Does this mean our houses at risk of flooding being on a lower level? I'm no expert but just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 patrickk_ie

Which row are you in Brian?

Advertisement