Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

funnyname wrote: »
    Probably try and fit 30

You're talking a smokey coal though? Not smokeless?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Article in independent last week another hike in this budget?
    Carbon taxes will be increased in a “steady way” to help Ireland reduce emissions and tackle climate change, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has announced.

Levies on fossil fuels including petrol, diesel, home heating oil and briquettes will ramp-up over the coming years as part of “profound changes” in how we live our lives, he said.

The Taoiseach also told a Project Ireland 2040 event on climate change, held at Smock Alley Theatre in Dublin, that coal would not be used to generate electricity from 2025, and that peat would be eliminated.

Both coal and peat are among the most polluting fossil fuels, and the Government will also impose a national ban on smoky coal by the end of this year.

https://www.independent.ie/news/environment/carbon-taxes-including-levies-on-fuel-and-home-heating-oil-to-rise-37030393.html

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

Has anyone got Polish or Black Diamond coal from Coal Warehouse lately? Is the quality good?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

homer1982 wrote: »
    Has anyone got Polish or Black Diamond coal from Coal Warehouse lately? Is the quality good?

?in the middle of a heatwave i would think the coal warehouse is a quiet place

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭homer1982

I'm looking to stock up before the smokey coal ban. And I have the funds now

• Advertisement

No reply from Easy glow . They are hardly open in this weather?
    No reply at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

The ban includes using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

bromley52 wrote: »
    The ban includes using it.

A 12 months period to clear stocks commences in September leading to outright ban from sept 19.

I would guess that importing new supply from September next is prohibited

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

No reply from Easy glow . They are hardly open in this weather?
    No reply at all.

Gone marching!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Any one have a price list from coal warehouse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

naughto wrote: »
    Any one have a price list from coal warehouse?

UMMER PRICES 🌟

💥Take a look at our hot summer deals which will begin MONDAY 4TH JUNE💥

🔹Prices per tonne will be as follows:

🔸Polish coal €175 / £150
    🔸Black diamond €210 / £180
    🔸Colombian doubles €210 / £180
    🔸Colombian Coal €230 / £200
    🔸Countryblend €260 / £225
    🔸Clearflame €260 / £225
    🔸Smokeless ovoids €260 / £225
    🔸Union nuggets €230 / £200
    🔸Singles €140 / £120
    🔸Slack €110 / £95

▪️All price are ex our yard▪️

#CoalWarehouse

☎️ Private message our page or call us on 00442887740911 / 02887740911

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just to note there are price rises comming on Solid fuel very soon north and south.

Polish coal will be worst hit upward of €1 a bag of 40kg

Smokeless fuel will be hit also but not as bad.
    BNM are increasing briquettes also by around 15cent a bale.

Also if the news yesterday of carbon tax increases is to believed in octobers budget more bad news.

A €10 increase per ton of carbon equates to an extra €1.20 a bag on all 40kg coals or 26c on a bale of briquettes which could be enacted from midnight after budget day.

Carbon tax wont effect purchases from the north.

Now is the time to stock up if possible as some people will be in shock from october if the budget passes as expected.

A bag of polish coal From October could be up to €2.50 a bag of 40kg dearer
    Smokeless 40kg around €1.80 more and a bale of briquettes over 40c dearer from your local fuel supplier down south.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭cranefly

Guys, this ban on smokey coal, in the south its not just smokey coal, kosykings smokeless ovoids, they are not classed as smokeless in the south, it is probably true of coalwarehouse smokeless ovoids as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Staffords silver bag 40kg, anyone know the cheapest place to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

cranefly wrote: »
    Guys, this ban on smokey coal, in the south its not just smokey coal, kosykings smokeless ovoids, they are not classed as smokeless in the south, it is probably true of coalwarehouse smokeless ovoids as well.

seriously? how do u no this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

cranefly wrote: »

My ovoids from Easy Glow last year clearly stated smokeless.?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

vectra wrote: »
    My ovoids from Easy Glow last year clearly stated smokeless.?

Just got a ton from Coalwarehouse , bags say stove coal docket says ovoids .

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Interesting because holding onto their bituminous coals was a huge reason that North of Irelanders voted leave
    Many were not happy with EU policy on environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

Just ordered 1 x Tonne of Ovoids from Coal Warehouse in Coalisland, Co. Tyrone.
    Comes in 20Kg Bags (x 50) which are much easier to handle.
    £225 per tonne + Delivery (to Cork) @ £60 (£285)
    This converted to €325. or €6.50 per 20kg bag
    I find ovoids the cleanest and best burning fuel.
    Anything else with Petcoke or a Petcoke mixture (Countryblend) is a disaster.

Easyglow were the same price last year (for Ovoids) but have increased their prices to £335 since November 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Ban coal use for home use, the rest of us shouldn't have to put up with 1 or 2 clowns smoking out half a neighborhood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

italodisco wrote: »
    Ban coal use for home use, the rest of us shouldn't have to put up with 1 or 2 clowns smoking out half a neighborhood

Ban everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

italodisco wrote: »

Ban banning

moceri wrote: »

Easyglow were the same price last year (for Ovoids) but have increased their prices to £335 since November 2017.

I loved the small easyglo ovoids last year,
    Do CW have small ones?
    €325 is very cheap delivered
    I think my last tonne from EG was €380

Coal Warehouse seems way cheaper, EG won't even reply to an email of late. Emailed them 3 times about coal and got no reply.

Is the Coal Warehouse Ovoids of good quality. Can you post a pic of the bag and the coal.

Coal Warehouse seems way cheaper, EG won't even reply to an email of late. Emailed them 3 times about coal and got no reply.

Is the Coal Warehouse Ovoids of good quality. Can you post a pic of the bag and the coal.

Yes,
    I also emailed EG and no reply.
    I too would be interested in the quality of CW ovoids.
    especially if someone tried both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Got a tonne of the EG small ovoids delivered last week. Ordered online. Dear alright. €378 I think it came to or maybe it was €385 as stated.

I also have about a half tonne of the CW large ovoids left. I haven't lit the fire yet so can't compare.....I will soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

vectra wrote: »
    moceri wrote: »

I loved the small easyglo ovoids last year,
    Do CW have small ones?
    €325 is very cheap delivered
    I think my last tonne from EG was €380
    No, they only supply the larger ovoid.

• Advertisement

Roen wrote: »
    Got a tonne of the EG small ovoids delivered last week. Ordered online. Dear alright. €378 I think it came to or maybe it was €385 as stated.

I also have about a half tonne of the CW large ovoids left. I haven't lit the fire yet so can't compare.....I will soon though.

Look forward to it, Thanks

Advertisement