Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Given the hike in costs I am presuming alternatives like Kosy King or others are potentially cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

kosy king are hard to be beat on price for normal (smoking) coal 22 euro delivered anywhere in ireland too

i haven't brought a bag of coal off a rep of ireland dealer in 4 years and i live in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

087brain21 wrote: »
    kosy king are hard to be beat on price for normal (smoking) coal 22 euro delivered anywhere in ireland too

i haven't brought a bag of coal off a rep of ireland dealer in 4 years and i live in cork

Hi All, just wondering what people's recommendations for open fire coal is, either from CW or KK. I've ordered from CW several times but it's always been ovoids. A friend is looking for open fire coal and with the price hikes I'm wondering what the best options are?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’m in cork and getting supertherm ovoids for €17.80 a bag delivered from star fuels in Mitchelstown
    Trying to find a cheaper alternative

The internet isn’t for everyone

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi All, just wondering what people's recommendations for open fire coal is, either from CW or KK. I've ordered from CW several times but it's always been ovoids. A friend is looking for open fire coal and with the price hikes I'm wondering what the best options are?

kosy king for me i use these on a open fire and top up with sigles to get savage heat

http://www.kosyking.com/domestic-fuel-wholesale-coal-products/high-quality-coal/gold-polish-coal-half-ton

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m in cork and getting supertherm ovoids for €17.80 a bag delivered from star fuels in Mitchelstown

i dont use ovoids but kosy king sells them do a quick bit of maths and see what you save

i dont use ovoids but kosy king sells them do a quick bit of maths and see what you save

Buying a pallet works out to €16 a bag from kosy king

hmm not much of a saving on your side

last time i checked a 40kg bag was costing around the 18 euro mark

i can get it for €12.38 including delivery from kosy king thats on a ton pallet

hmm not much of a saving on your side

last time i checked a 40kg bag was costing around the 18 euro mark

i can get it for €12.38 including delivery from kosy king thats on a ton pallet

I would buy a pallet if I was saving €6 a bag but for under €2 a bag I will stick with my usual fella I think

I would buy a pallet if I was saving €6 a bag but for under €2 a bag I will stick with my usual fella I think

o ya defo not worth the hassle waiting for delivery and spending a wad of cash for saving 2 euro a bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tonne from Easy Glow = €380 /25 = €15.20 per 40kg bag.
    Your tonne works out at €17.80 per bag = savings of €2.60 per bag or €65 overall.

vectra wrote: »
    Tonne from Easy Glow = €380 /25 = €15.20 per 40kg bag.
    Your tonne works out at €17.80 per bag = savings of €2.60 per bag or €65 overall.

The €17.80 I was paying isn’t for a pallet it was just five bags at a time
    I will give them a call tomorrow and see what price a pallet will be

Do easy glow offer free delivery to cork ? The website says free delivery but I wasn’t sure if that was for ni

The €17.80 I was paying isn’t for a pallet it was just five bags at a time
    I will give them a call tomorrow and see what price a pallet will be

Do easy glow offer free delivery to cork ? The website says free delivery but I wasn’t sure if that was for ni

€380 included delivery ( that is €380 pending currency value )

Have you tried Mill Fuels in Rathcormac?

€380 included delivery ( that is €380 pending currency value )

Have you tried Mill Fuels in Rathcormac?

Yes I tried stove coal from there €18 a bag and the stove was full of cinders and the heat wasn’t as good as supertherm ovoids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Just bought 2 ton of ovoids today from CW and worked out at £450 plus £120 for delivery.

CW are trying to source another delivery company locally as the price increase from LC is a bit of a joke. The online booking form is enough to wreck your head.... So much better just to make the call and give details over the phone rather than a 2 stage process with LC

Be interesting to see if they get an alternative courier

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a job for a 26 pallet curtainsider, 50.00 a pallet and delivery within 7 days. Fill a load and then work your way down delivering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What is best from Kosy King for stoves?

Maybe not the best which is the Maxibrite, the best value for money

Only stoves, no open fire

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would CW do 10 ton of ovoids cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

Ordered 1 ton of ovoids from CW. Cost inc delivery by Connoly’s was €329. That’s €13.60 per 40kg bag.

Not being sarcastic or anything, But I guess the only way you will know is to ring and ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

It's worth asking. Last year I told them I was very happy with their coal and that I would like to order 2 ton this time. They knocked 20 quid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

What sort of winter are you expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

naughto wrote: »
    What sort of winter are you expecting

Maybe reselling them for 20 per bag.

John snow did say winter is coming

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Do you find there prices can vary a lot?
    We'd get the odd thing there for the farm or heating supplies and the priced seem to go up and down every week.(Never overly expensive tough)

Do you find there prices can vary a lot?
    We'd get the odd thing there for the farm or heating supplies and the priced seem to go up and down every week.(Never overly expensive tough)

The prices on fuel have changed if its from the yard to being cheaper delivered, but the stuff is consistent that’s why I keep going back to him, I’ve tried so many other types that now I’m using the supertherm and coal brickets I’m happy with them, if I can find the same stuff cheaper I will change supplier though

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Im not on fb has anybody got a price list? Open fires are all i have.

The prices on fuel have changed if its from the yard to being cheaper delivered, but the stuff is consistent that’s why I keep going back to him, I’ve tried so many other types that now I’m using the supertherm and coal brickets I’m happy with them, if I can find the same stuff cheaper I will change supplier though

Wonder would the local Co-op do a deal on a tonne ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Wonder would the local Co-op do a deal on a tonne ?

Good luck mate ours wouldn't bother quoting the price is the price, in our area they are the most expensive place to buy anything and coal is no different.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    Good luck mate ours wouldn't bother quoting the price is the price, in our area they are the most expensive place to buy anything and coal is no different.

They normally do 2 bags Supertherm for €38
    Good coal, = €38 / 4 = €9 per 20kg.
    As far as I am aware they do a deal on a tonne of regular coal so no harm in asking.
    Now that delivery etc has risen from the north,
    Event from Easy glow
    Last year I paid €380 tonne / 50 = €7.60 per bag.
    If Coop did a bit of a deal then maybe knock another 50c or €1 per bag off, Brings the price down a bit while shopping local.

Advertisement