Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yep, not nearly as bad as expected this week. Been lots of sunny spells and a nice fresh feel here.

4SltWnf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yep, not nearly as bad as expected this week. Been lots of sunny spells and a nice fresh feel here.

4SltWnf.jpg

Good to see that you got the hay saved for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

thats corn or barley, wouldnt be much hay in dublin!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cool with a few light passing showers here today, not as nice as previous days. Temperature currently 16C.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Spent last 2 weeks in central Europe on extended holidays and past 7 days on the shores of lake Balaton,the closest resemblance we have to the sea here, it has been spectacular with temperatures between 34 and 37 degrees and blue skies full stop, the lake is at 30 degrees too which makes for a spectacularly hot setting, when I conclude this summer I had most amazing warm and sunny period from May to August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Very sunny outside (south county sligo) - but a cold paltry temperature of 15.8'c at 2.23pm ... what is all that about!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just had a very heavy downpour here, showers on and off every 20 minutes, not a nice day at all.

Gonzo wrote: »
    just had a very heavy downpour here, showers on and off every 20 minutes, not a nice day at all.

Still have not had a single shower these past few days.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Still have not had a single shower these past few days.

today was first real rain I've seen in over a week, but the showers/downpours not lasting more than 5 minutes. They look to be moving eastwards now clearing towards the Irish Sea and into Northern Ireland, hopefully a dryer afternoon and evening to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not been a bad end to the week. Still quite cool but dry and bright. Got plenty of outdoor work. The inch of rain promised for tomorrow looks to have missed us too thankfully ( no need for people to tell me they really need it on other parts of the country I am aware of that but do not live there ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lovely dry sunny day, didn't quite hit 20C. Still I think we'll be lucky to see many more days reach those dizzy heights again this year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Temps back up to 22C next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

We had one moderate shower in Fairview around 2:15pm but other than that it has been dry and mostly bright with cloudy intervals. It is mostly cloudy at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Really beautiful day here in Kerry, great blue skies with passing cloud and getting up to 18.6C with low humidity currently at 58%.

Damp ground this morning but no showers in my vicinity since.

temp_uk_lla8.png

latest-vis-uk_pqd0.jpg

Puck Fair , Killorglin about 12.30

AHmYUUo.jpg?3

dried up here in the afternoon with showers moved away and feeling slightly milder with warmer air moving in.

I am hoping tomorrow's rain stays away for the majority of the daylight hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clouds breaking up nicely here in Mayo now,hopefully a chance to see some of the perseids meteor shower tonight,although the peak isnt until later in the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Been a great week here considering the forecast on monday predicting it would feel like autumn at times with plenty of showers, we had 2 showers all week and it felt warm to me, similar story today, feels warm, sun is out and no rain all day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That Atlantic front never really materialised did it?

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    That Atlantic front never really materialised did it?

it doesn't arrive till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Been beautiful here all day in cork city and county. Few clouds but mostly sunny and warm! Can’t imagine rain tomorrow really, but it’s coming isn’t it? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Been a great week here considering the forecast on monday predicting it would feel like autumn at times with plenty of showers, we had 2 showers all week and it felt warm to me, similar story today, feels warm, sun is out and no rain all day.

that was most probably tailored for us here in the Northwest

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can’t imagine rain tomorrow really, but it’s coming isn’t it? :(

I don't think tomorrow will be half as bad as (was) expected....not from scientific analysis, just instinct!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It felt autumnal this evening. There wasn't much sunshine, compared to this morning; according to the satellite picture the sunniest part of the country seems to be down south this evening. It felt quite cool even with a jacket on; it's currently 17.2C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I don't think tomorrow will be half as bad as (was) expected....not from scientific analysis, just instinct!

It's going to be a non event by the looks of it. From Atlantic Storm to a few hours of drizzle - that's Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Today was a perfect summer's day. Temps around 17c, low humidity and dp hovering around 8c. Very pleasant & easy to walk around town in with just a tee-shirt without that usual warm, gaspy and sticky feeling. The gentle breeze just added to this perfection too. Only non-perfect thing was the typical Irish sky scene of high cloud, broken stratocumulus and overly glarey sunshine, but there ya go!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another lovely day here in Wexford, another day when temperatures pushed past 20c. Beautiful evening sunshine now (had to pull down the blinds to see the football).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

that was most probably tailored for us here in the Northwest

No dont think so, the whole of the country was mentioned but no doubt ye would probably get the worst of it before us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Today was a perfect summer's day. Temps around 17c, low humidity and dp hovering around 8c. Very pleasant & easy to walk around town in with just a tee-shirt without that usual warm, gaspy and sticky feeling. The gentle breeze just added to this perfection too. Only non-perfect thing was the typical Irish sky scene of high cloud, broken stratocumulus and overly glarey sunshine, but there ya go!

I've been wearing a jumper recently because I'm finding this cold. I'm still adjusted to temperatures of around 30-40c. Since I came back on the 1st, I think there was only one day when I didn't wear a jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It's so cool, calm and clear tonight you'd think there's going to be frost!

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's so cool, calm and clear tonight you'd think there's going to be frost!

There will be in rural areas of the UK.

I hope nature is getting us ready for Winter! :D

https://twitter.com/metoffice/status/1027977377446383617

Advertisement