Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

0c last night in Antrim. 0c in early August..
    It's mid August bit even so, quite unusual Especially as the day before and after have been rather mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

beautiful day in west cork. Warm and sunny the entire time. Heard reports of rain in the city and dull.

I was in west Cork this morning and the rain soaked us to the bone !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

warm today with some short spells of warm sunshine but have had some very heavy showers during the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Yay..,.., for once we had no rain in s Sligo all day. Went cloudy about 2pm but brightened up to a lovely eve. Got all the clothes dry & now looking forward to some fireworks tonight if it stays clear. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Beautiful day in the south east, we’ve really had one hell of a summer. Yesterday was a washout and the kids got a dose of cabin fever.... the usual damp Irish weather is easily forgotten, dunno what we’re going to do for the winter :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dry and mostly sunny here today, big shower looks threatening at the minute, feeling warm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Teeming rain & unreal color in sky.
    Meath.
    The drive from the west to Meath earlier was savage warm in the car.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

horrible evening here, dark, damp and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Meanwhile, I've still got nothing of the sorts, bone dry. Dublin Airport had only 0.1mm yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I've still got nothing of the sorts, bone dry. Dublin Airport had only 0.1mm yesterday.

I had a "drizzle shower" earlier but dry and cloudy other than that. I had some sunny breaks too.

• Advertisement

RTE's forecast from next Wednesday looks really dark, wet with plenty of low pressure systems showing band after band of rain sweeping across the country. Spells of heavy rain every day right into next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    RTE's forecast from next Wednesday looks really dark, wet with plenty of low pressure systems showing band after band of rain sweeping across the country. Spells of heavy rain every day right into next weekend.

There will surely be a lot of very happy posters here so..........that is what YR.NO was showing too but I was hoping it was wrong as it has tended to change a lot recently

Dry and mostly sunny here today, big shower looks threatening at the minute, feeling warm

Despite the dark sky earlier, its still holding dry in my area of meath.

km79 wrote: »
    There will surely be a lot of very happy posters here so..........that is what YR.NO was showing too but I was hoping it was wrong as it has tended to change a lot recently

Wednesday looks very wet, but I am hoping it's not going to be as wet and showery over the following 4 days as RTE's forecast is currently suggesting.

The Atlantic looks like it could be back for the foreseeable future this time around with high pressures staying to the south over the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Wednesday onwards is still far away, there is plenty of time for change. This week was looking grim here in the east but it turned out to be pleasant enough other than the weekend. Let's hope next week turns out better than expected too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I was in west Cork this morning and the rain soaked us to the bone !

Very localized so! I’m right by the coast and it was gorgeuys and is gorgeous still! Mars shining in the sky along with countless other stars :)

pouring rain outside, gutters overflowed with water. Been raining here alot since about 8pm.

Gonzo wrote: »
    pouring rain outside, gutters overflowed with water. Been raining here alot since about 8pm.

Thats mad, im near wilkinstown, about 25km maybe from you and not a drop has fallen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

For once it’s clear here and despite only seeing about 8 meteorites, I’m mesmerised by the Milky Way...... it’s years since I stopped & had a good look up at it. Took about 20 mins to acclimatise my eyes & then... wow. Thanks to the gods who gave me the chance to see it in S Sligo tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lashing again in Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Looked at the rainfall radar on met eireann the band of rain stalled for about 2 hours. Onthe way over the Wicklow mountains now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

North Kildare, rain for a while earlier but nothing of note since the sun went down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭giveitholly

At the moment whats the weather looking like on Saturday in the munster region?

At the moment whats the weather looking like on Saturday in the munster region?

blustery showers and average temperatures (15-18C).

A true feeling of Autumn kicks in across the whole country from Wednesday with the Atlantic running a full service.

Has felt suprisingly cool since lunch time in east Galway
    Had to put on a light jacket cutting the lawn
    And this looks like the best day for a week or so :(

km79 wrote: »
    Has felt suprisingly cool since lunch time in east Galway
    Had to put on a light jacket cutting the lawn
    And this looks like the best day for a week or so :(

it's been cool here since yesterday, certainly cooler than I expected, yesterday only reached 16C here with showers most of the day and rain for much of yesterday evening. Today is a bit milder but still very average temperature of 17C.

As for Saturday, the met office are showing a big area of low pressure moving over Ireland later on Saturday and into Sunday and blustery showers either side of it. August so far has been poor to average, but looks like it really is going to turn very unsettled after tomorrow. There will be no shortage of rain over the coming week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

roasting when the sun is out in Cork City. Cloudy and sunny here and its pretty heavy/humid

Well the sun came out and the jacket swiftly came off !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭White Clover

Is there any signs of high pressure building again? I wouldn't say no to a fine week, it's been a month since the hot weather ended!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Is there any signs of high pressure building again? I wouldn't say no to a fine week, it's been a month since the hot weather ended!

Not for the next week anyway.

Advertisement