Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The non Late Late / Ray Darcy / Meeeeriam summer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Great sketch there with Sellers as the boxer/painter

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Posing as Hitler’s toothbrush :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

TG4 show a Peter Cook film 'The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer' from time to time.

He's brilliant in it, he had so much talent he should have been a huge star in Hollywood and yet Dudley Moore had far more success there.

Anyway, here's that Michael Rimmer film in full on Youtube

https://film.avclub.com/the-rise-and-rise-of-michael-rimmer-1798168195

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Watching Legend on Film4, don't remember it been this funny

• Registered Users Posts: 81,955 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whoy they couldn't have given the Miriam show to Sean Moncrieff, George Hook, Marian Finucane, etc etc is beyond me, surely it was a dead cert seam of gold that slot in the summer months when zero other live chat shows existed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Sky living +1 if anyone wants to see the man that inspired Psycho

Whoy they couldn't have given the Miriam show to Sean Moncrieff, George Hook, Marian Finucane, etc etc is beyond me,

It's a very reasonable question, and I suspect the answer is that if the replacement was even vaguely competent they would further expose Mir, Tubs and Darcy as being grossly overpaid and not particularly good at interviewing.

It suits RTE to show bargain basement old films instead - the last thing they want is new talent coming through. What a mess.

Who’s up for ‘The Nathan Carter Show’ tonight?

tenor.gif?itemid=4567499

OK, point taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who’s up for ‘The Nathan Carter Show’ tonight?

tenor.gif?itemid=4567499

OK, point taken.

:D:D:D

The info for Nathan says it's the first of a new series.

In fact, he just confirmed it himself.

His first guest us Shane Filan! You might know Sean Filan from turning up on every single one of these RTE shows despite not having done anything whatsoever of note apart from being in that boyband years ago.

• Advertisement

I can't help noticing there isn't a single drink of any sort - not even a mug of Complan - to be seen on any of the tables the audience are sitting around.

"It's a song off my new album. It was written by Richard Marx of Right Here Waiting For You fame!"

Richard Marx does be on the Twitter slagging off Trump, he's quite good at it. Like when Trump was making up stuff he didn't say to Putin

https://twitter.com/richardmarx/status/1019470147017293825

Skid X wrote: »
    Richard Marx does be on the Twitter slagging off Trump, he's quite good at it. Like when Trump was making up stuff he didn't say to Putin

https://twitter.com/richardmarx/status/1019470147017293825

Hahaha that's brilliant!

Marx, you can sit over beside Blunt in that little group.

Just seen on instagram, the non Late Late personality Ryan ‘Tubs’ Tubridy was at the Paul ‘Macca’ McCartney gig in the Cavern yesterday.

No doubt dying to ask him how he felt when Linda died.

Not jealous.

Just seen on instagram, the non Late Late personality Ryan ‘Tubs’ Tubridy was at the Paul ‘Macca’ McCartney gig in the Cavern yesterday.

No doubt dying to ask him how he felt when Linda died.

Not jealous.

Oh, I would have loved to be there.

Get the old "Pete forever, Ringo never" movement going again.

As if it ever went away.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh, I would have loved to be there.

Get the old "Pete forever, Ringo never" movement going again.

As if it ever went away.

Or “Brendan forever, D’Arcy never”.

:D

Don’t worry, Macca had Ryan thrown out of The Cavern when he requested ‘The Frog Chorus’.

M

Not putting a replacement for Miriams summer show was a sign of how completely devoid of any business sense RTE are.

Skid X wrote: »
    It's a very reasonable question, and I suspect the answer is that if the replacement was even vaguely competent they would further expose Mir, Tubs and Darcy as being grossly overpaid and not particularly good at interviewing.

It suits RTE to show bargain basement old films instead - the last thing they want is new talent coming through. What a mess.

Tommy Tiernan show on right now.

Reminded me of this post. He's a million times better than the other two.

Listening to what his guests say, the mad b*stard!

• Advertisement

‘Stewart Lee’s Content Provider’ on BBC Two right now :)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Tommy Tiernan show on right now.

Reminded me of this post. He's a million times better than the other two.

Listening to what his guests say, the mad b*stard!

Yeah he does a good interview does TT

I said it before, but they should have commissioned a new series of Tommy's show as a Mireplacement for this Summer.

Even a wee 4 week run of Tommeh would have been better than this Talk Show Drought we are enduring.

It’s coming home!
    It’s coming home!
    It’s coming!
    Hockey’s coming home!

My god, you Irish don’t half go on about women’s hockey!

If you win it, will you promise not to go on about it, unlike the way you go on about Italia ‘90?

(See what I’m doing here? :D )

Anyhoo, the classic ‘Lock Up’ with Sly on TV3 tonight :)

It’s coming home!
    It’s coming home!
    It’s coming!
    Hockey’s coming home!

If you win it, will you promise not to go on about it, unlike the way you go on about Italia ‘90?

(See what I’m doing here? :D )

Anyhoo, the classic ‘Lock Up’ with Sly on TV3 tonight :)

Hey, I've always been a big fan of hockey, dudes or chicks, as long as we're winning.

I remember that time I loved cricket for a day when we beat...a team...(was it England or something?) in the...was it the World Cup?

C'mon Ireland!

M

Saw this clip earlier, the schools of Ireland need to teach these old skills of the past so when the youth of today go down the pub they can handle their drinks ;)

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0403/951800-beer-and-whiskey-balancer/

Saw this clip earlier, the schools of Ireland need to teach these old skills of the past so when the youth of today go down the pub they can handle their drinks ;)

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2018/0403/951800-beer-and-whiskey-balancer/

:pac:

How do you even start doing that? Imagine the drink that went to waste before he nailed it.

Did it all start as a bet which he failed miserably at, but then there's a montage of him training really hard until the day he takes on the undefeated All Ireland Beer and Whiskey and Matchboxes Balancing Champion Charlie 'Clubber' Lane?

It’s coming home!
    It’s coming home!
    It’s coming!
    Hockey’s coming home!

Get on the Bandwagon now,

Come On - Look at this penalty dribble slalom, it's like performance art only entertaining

Where were the Germans? But frankly - who cares!?

https://twitter.com/SecondCaptains/status/1025344271812046850

Ray darcy is a hockey fan now as well. He was a big Leicester fan two years ago and hasn't mentioned them since.

I asked a GAA friend of mine was he watching the hockey finale yesterday evening. He said: I was in my arse. It's just hurling for protestants.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ray darcy is a hockey fan now as well. He was a big Leicester fan two years ago and hasn't mentioned them since.

I asked a GAA friend of mine was he watching the hockey finale yesterday evening. He said: I was in my arse. It's just hurling for protestants.

There's a certain breed of GAA people who could do with taking the chips off their shoulders.

• Advertisement

Gardeners world on BBC2

Advertisement