Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The non Late Late / Ray Darcy / Meeeeriam summer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,397 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Glaring omissions (!) from the countdown...

‘Pass And Move (It’s The Liverpool Groove)’ by LFC (Spice Boys era).

‘Lift It High (All About Belief)’ by Man U.

‘Hot Stuff’ by Arsenal (FA Cup 98).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,601 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Glaring omissions (!) from the countdown...

‘Pass And Move (It’s The Liverpool Groove)’ by LFC (Spice Boys era).

‘Lift It High (All About Belief)’ by Man U.

‘Hot Stuff’ by Arsenal (FA Cup 98).

Pal of mine used to have the cassette of Hot Stuff.

I can't remember if we liked it, but we definitely pretended to (as Arsenal fans, of course).

Jesus, it was just terrible. Did they do a Wenger boys/Venga boys effort or is that something awful that is entirely imaginary?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Did 'I'm a Man Utd Man' make it in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

first time i enjoyed Ray Darcy was the other week when he had John Sheehan celebrating his birthday with his friends, they ended the program with school days over and i have to say Declan o Rourke's version really matched that of the great Luke Kelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INLBCl0oMe0

Bank holiday Sundays feel like Saturdays, except for what's on telly.

Why am I watching The Sunday Game on Saturday?

Then tomorrow feels like Sunday, except without any matches of any sort. All very disconcerting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Fair play to Fermanagh, was at the Sligo Galway match supporting Sligo, I'll get behind the couch now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Comedy Roast : Pamela Anderson is on 3e. You can clearly see through her top for anyone that's interested

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Comedy Roast : Pamela Anderson is on 3e. You can clearly see through her top for anyone that's interested

Even that isn't enough to make me watch a Comedy Roast.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is that you, Ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭tomo75

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is that you, Ray?

No... George hook!

• Advertisement

He's probably still trying to run the horn off himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭brian_t

The "Best of The Late Late Show" returns before the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I enjoyed Eoin Butler's piece in thejournal.ie today. He started off detailing how Joe Brolly spent the preamble to Fermanagh v Monaghan telling all viewers that the game would be unwatchable and everyone should find something else to occupy their afternoon

Then he came up with this suggestion, I think he's on our wavelength
    From a TV scheduling perspective, on the other hand, I have a tonne of slips for the suggestion box. First and foremost: why not let Brolly apply his brand of scorched earth analysis to other flagship RTÉ shows like Fair City or Dancing With the Stars. Imagine him and Cantwell scoring a half-time slot during the Late Late Show?

“I’m sorry Joanne, but Graham Norton is killing us, He’s got Jack Nicholson, Meryl Street and the Dalai Lama on tonight. We’ve got Francis Brennan and a bunch of rubes trying to win a Renault Clio. I’m not being negative here. The public can plainly see this with their own eyes.”

http://www.the42.ie/eoin-butler-joe-brolly-column-4053304-Jun2018/

I see Billy McGuinness and Christy Dignam are on the Six O'Clock show, Linda Martin was presenting it last week, such a missed opportunity :(

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm not happy USA aren't at the World Cup. They usually give it a decent go.

Just spotted that England will be playing Panama in the World Cup group stages.

Any excuse... :D

Plus an excuse for them to come to the UK for some tour dates :)

Just spotted that England will be playing Panama in the World Cup group stages.

Any excuse... :D

Plus an excuse for them to come to the UK for some tour dates :)

Keep that clip at the ready for the next few weeks!

Jesus, if they announced a tour I don't know what I'd do. (After selling the car to free up the funds asap).

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

With the LLS off for the summer it's time to reflect on what Friday night's would be like without the heart wrenching tug of misery emotional rollercoaster. Tonight we have the film The Impossible about a British family caught up in the tsunami in 2014 in Thiland. So far the so good on the misery count 250000 dead and many more hurt. Family's looking for each other and finding them dead, dying or not at all. Herself beside me here balling her eyes out and still 20 minutes to go. So folks, be careful for what you wish for.

Watching whatever film is on rte 2. It's pretty ****e whatever it is

An American Werewolf In London

Tonight on Film4 at 11.20pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The League of Gentlemen Series 2 Eps 1&2 BBC4 at 10 and 10.30

• Advertisement

Rise of the foot soldier is on 5Spike at 10

The film Concussion on RTE 2, I read that League of Denial book so I'm familiar with the story, it's grim stuff but when I see Mrs. Brown's Boys and Nathan Carter are on One, I think I'll stick with it.

The choice of television tonight is awful and I'm too lazy to look through netflix so it's random videos on YouTube for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

Gosh the music on Jools is so crap. Does anyone just play guitar and sing a tune anymore, other than ed of the sheerans

• Registered Users Posts: 35,888 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The choice of television tonight is awful and I'm too lazy to look through netflix so it's random videos on YouTube for the night

lots of good free movies on Youtube too
    I watched this the other night, sweet little movie.

What's the deal with Nathan Carter?

None of his songs are in any way remarkable, and his vocal range seems to go from safe all the way up to still safe with nothing to make any song different from the last.

What's the deal?

Don't get me started on ol Message in a box, himself. He seems to make a living off being filler on RTE country programmes.

The auld wans love the bit of eye candy sure

The auld wans love the bit of eye candy sure

The deaf ones can't get enough of him.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The deaf ones can't get enough of him.

Aren't they the lucky ones

• Advertisement