Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The non Late Late / Ray Darcy / Meeeeriam summer thread

Options
  • 31-05-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

Somebody did one like this last year.

Feel free to discuss Friday / Saturday viewing.

Just in from the boozer and haven't even looked at the schedule yet.

Tgywof3.jpg

1eup7p.jpg

Away ye go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Fair play, Joe. That's dedication.

I don't think there's any replacement for Stay There! with Miriam this summer so it could be a long dark cold Summer until we get back to normal service #NoMirNoFear

Still, this thread is always good fun - it has the best parts of the LLS and RDS threads without having to watch the diseased, the bereaved and the RTE employees being interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When will we find out who gets Miriams gig or will they just ditch a live Saturday night chat show for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'll leave ye to it. Just got a call from a mate. I;m going out again. I might be some time.

When will we find out who gets Miriams gig or will they just ditch a live Saturday night chat show for the summer?

No mention of a replacement, Mir told RSVP
    She told RSVP Live: "I could be wrong, I don’t think anyone is going to take over the slot. I think they are just going to run movies on a Saturday night. I have already committed to doing it again next year. "

Also nothing mentioned in the RTE Summer schedule
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0502/959754-rte-unveils-new-summer-tv-schedule/

RTE afraid to try someone new in case they show up the current TubMirRay troika for being no good, poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bibi Baskin :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'll leave ye to it. Just got a call from a mate. I;m going out again. I might be some time.

Good thing tomorrow is Saturday and you can have lay in.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Tis a different beast this year: the World Cup is on.

So 4-5 weeks of Friday & Saturday nights will just be that.

I believe this is what Belinda Carlisle was singing about in "Heaven is a place on earth"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah I love the World Cup, but this is last one I'll pay proper attention to, those idiots in FIFA have ruined it :(

Ah I love the World Cup, but this is last one I'll pay proper attention to, those idiots in FIFA have ruined it :(

The 2022 December Christmas Qatar World Cup will be bananas, World Cup Final scheduled for December 18th. I can't wait for that.

Christmas and the World Cup in the same month, thank you Sepp Blatter !

With a bit of luck
    doylefe wrote: »
    Good thing tomorrow is Saturday and you can have lay in.
    When I did the OP . I honestly thought it was Friday. Finished a job today and the children are all off school tomorrow. I scanned the TV thread , thinking someone else would have started this.

Back from the pub from the second time tomight .Watching, but not listening to Ivan and Matt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The riots should be interesting, I've a feeling the Russian police will be stern, stern but fair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Skid X wrote: »
    The 2022 December Christmas Qatar World Cup will be bananas, World Cup Final scheduled for December 18th. I can't wait for that.

That's ridiculous. I hope I'm dead by then.

I'd love it if RTE started showing classic '70s fillums on Friday/Saturday nights. Stuff like Dog Day Afternoon, the Dirty Harry series, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc.

That's ridiculous. I hope I'm dead by then.

I'd love it if RTE started showing classic '70s fillums on Friday/Saturday nights. Stuff like Dog Day Afternoon, the Dirty Harry series, One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc.

Or terrible flicks, which we could all watch & have a thread for.

Edit: They showed The Boat House (I think it's called, it's got Keanu and Sandra Bullock in it) a while back.That would have been ideal.

The film on RTE1 is called 'Dare To Be Wild' , which sounds like a low budget action video that you might have rented at Xtravision if all the good new releases were out ...

but it's a film about someone making a garden for the Chelsea Flower Show.

Just for balance, they should use this as the theme to the Bloom coverage

The best of Tommy Cooper on "Yesterday"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Miriam genuinely get cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Dare to be Wild. It is on in the background. Awful rubbish. I just checked online reviews for it - it would seem that RTE would not have needed to pay much royalties to show this one!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Liam Paynes Eurovision entry on Graham Norton, what a cash grab for summer hit hit the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Lots of ‘The Young Ones’ on GOLD right now. :)

NOT CARK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Seven Psychopaths just started on channel 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

No mention of a replacement, Mir told RSVP

Also nothing mentioned in the RTE Summer schedule
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2018/0502/959754-rte-unveils-new-summer-tv-schedule/
    And Turf Life - A Day on the Bog airing this coming Friday on RTÉ One is all about Ireland’s boglands, presented by Derek Mooney and Sinéad Kennedy from Lough Borra Bog in Co. Offaly.

I don't need a show to tell me what to do in the bog, soon, hopefully i wont have a paddling pool in it this year!

RTE afraid to try someone new in case they show up the current TubMirRay troika for being no good, poor form.

Why not try the refreshingly energetic Evanne ni Chuilinn :P;)

You could say all your christmasses have come at once :P:D
    I mean what can you get for Sepp, for the guy who has everything, quite literally :P
    #mastercard moments made and paid ;)

Anything daycent on tonight?

Don't make me watch highlights of international friendlies.

Nathan Carter on RTE1 . For anyone who missed it the last time, or the time before.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Anything daycent on tonight?

Don't make me watch highlights of international friendlies.

Not much on offer ... that concert with Ash, Beck and the Manics on BBC1 NI or Rocky on ITV or Platoon on ITV4, which was a cracking game on the Commodore 64

Are the IFTA’s not on TG4?

The Indo TV guide says ‘Zoolander 2’ :confused:

Terrible film, but still way funnier than Jason Byrne :D

Are the IFTA’s not on TG4?

Yes they are.

Sile Seoige is presenting this and next week she's presenting the Irish Post Music Awards with Malachi from Fame Academy. No sleep for Sile.

‘’Remember when your Mammy did MAD things when you were a kid?’’

Sorry Jason, gotta go...Punk night on Sky Arts :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Apres Match Crystal Swing sketch actually happened.

• Advertisement

The 47 best worst football songs with Bob Mortimer is on Dave now.

I love Bob, and I love football, but non Put Em Under Pressure football songs are absolutely intolerable, even if they're being mocked mercilessly.

Advertisement