Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah now, little arcade or retro about Pubg or Fortnite!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Put on the SOTN soundtrack after it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Does anyone have any experience with the older Bang and Olufsen A/V gear?
    I dont have the B&O TV, but do have a VHS and DVD hooked up to my framemeister, mainly for capturing retro japanese VHS/DVD stuff.

It works, but the remotes i have do nothing(beo4 and beolink 1000 remotes) so i have to use the front controls on the devices. Is there some system link box i need to get them all talking?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently Nintendo are going after ROM sites in a big way and managed to close one recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Apparently Nintendo are going after ROM sites in a big way and managed to close one recently.

Ya they've closed a couple and also an online emulator as well. They must be gearing up to flog their legacy collection of roms again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ya they've closed a couple and also an online emulator as well. They must be gearing up to flog their legacy collection of roms again.

Cynic much? (but you're probably right!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cynic much? (but you're probably right!)

I'd say it's the case all right, with some added sour grapes about people bringing their own form of VC to the Switch. While it's their right to protect their IP's, it's really just a fools errand. Those roms are going nowhere, and so many people have gone on to download the entire goodsets of Ninty roms in light of this news.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,856 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They've gone nuclear though. No longer sending out C&D letters but full on suing the sites for $150,000 for each copyrighted material up to a maximum of $2 million and looking for ownership of the domain as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

They've gone nuclear though. No longer sending out C&D letters but full on suing the sites for $150,000 for each copyrighted material up to a maximum of $2 million and looking for ownership of the domain as well.

Both sites Torrent Freak said Nintendo went after have gone, plenty of options still available at the moment, so download while you can.(if anyone here doesn't already have complete sets of just about everything)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

I was thrilled to see Sega were bringing Thunderforce IV to the Switch.
    Not so thrilled to see what a cash grab it is when they didn't bring the Sega Megadrive Collection, the one that's on all the other formats, to the Switch.

They've gone nuclear though

Gas crowd, they didn't seem to have an issue when caught using copier dumped roms on the VC for the Wii :D

Inviere wrote: »
    Gas crowd, they didn't seem to have an issue when caught using copier dumped roms on the VC for the Wii :D

Well they were actually legally allowed do that as they are the IP owner but yeah, funny how companies, even Nintendo had so poor source control even today.

Well they were actually legally allowed do that as they are the IP owner but yeah, funny how companies, even Nintendo had so poor source control even today.

Indeed, very ironic though that they chose to produce an 'off the net' rom that had a copier header on it, instead of the reference rom they likely have vaulted away. Prob just laziness, but still. I'll be interested to see what has prompted this, in terms of what they plan on bringing to the table re Switch & retro games. The subscription model has been touted...

Nintendo are the best out there for looking after their source code but smb was a very early game. I'd say their source control wasn't the sane back then abs they have no reference rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,956 ✭✭✭Doge

Ah lads, check this out!

Makes the Sega Genesis Collection PSVR update look amateur!

And although this video of EmuVR is 3 years old, you can clearly see the CRT Emulation and support for arcade games:

It will be free, uses Retroarch so there should be support for CRT shaders, and you will be able to create your own rooms, sorta picking up from where New Retro Arcade Neon left off. Should have a lot more development support behind it also.

So it looks like it's one step closer in fulfilling Inviere's dream of recreating the Dublin Arcade of his youth. :cool:

The more I look at the level of detail put into this the better it gets. :eek:

https://twitter.com/EmuVR/status/1001658110770073600?s=17

457132.jpg

457133.jpg

457134.jpg

457135.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Quick question, is sun fade likely if something isn't directly in front of the window? I have some Sega boxes behind my TV and wondering if they'd fade and if there's anything that can be done to prevent it.

I think the only things I've ever had fade were left sitting on a windowsill.

Also has anyone ever bought those clear plastic cases for games? See them on Nintendo cartridges mainly but there's a Netherlands based website selling them fairly cheap for Sega consoles, even have a Shenmue one and one for some boxed consoles. Can't remember the site off hand but if I recall they're one of the cheaper ones as some sites sell them for mad money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pretty cool vga mod for the VB

I wouldn't chance someone interfering with my VB!

I imagine, with two images being generated, a little more tinkering would produce a 3D image that could be seen on a VR headset.
    Which would be outstanding.

I imagine, with two images being generated, a little more tinkering would produce a 3D image that could be seen on a VR headset.
    Which would be outstanding.

Or, use an emulator within something like the Rift :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So the Vega+ has been released at least (to a few backers anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    The more I look at the level of detail put into this the better it gets. :eek:

Hang on, those CRT closeups showing the phosphor dots are from within a VR simulation?

That's actually mind blowing.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Hang on, those CRT closeups showing the phosphor dots are from within a VR simulation?

They've had the phosphor shaders for emulators for a good few years now. BSNES was where I saw them first. They look amazing if you super sample or run them at silly resolutions.

Inviere wrote: »
    Or, use an emulator within something like the Rift :)

It is still a source of never-ending mystery why they never brought the back catalogue of Virtual Boy games to the 3DS.
    Just bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It is still a source of never-ending mystery why they never brought the back catalogue of Virtual Boy games to the 3DS.
    Just bonkers.

Wasn't it because you demanded royalties for the idea? :D

o1s1n wrote: »

Yup, if you move your head in close enough you'll be able to see them.

If you look at the video in my second post you can see him move his head in and you can see the dots. That video is 4 years old though so they're a bit more basic in that one.

They will have CRT Emulation for Shadow Mask, Dot Mask and Aperture Grill, as well as LCD emulation also!

Plenty of details on their website:

http://www.emuvr.net

• Advertisement

They have even modelled a PVM recently. Someone in the comments said they should model BNC connectors for RGB and sync.

https://twitter.com/EmuVR/status/972563842223009793?s=17

This will be available in non VR also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement