Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,530 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is there ever a case where the US packaging/design is nicer than EU?

Half the time the labeling is like someone opened the design in Word and accidentally select font size 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Subbed to more craft stuff than game stuff, not specific retro just general game stuff.
    I'm still watching Super Best Friends https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSw1tcher
    And Woolies own channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyOJzQzyDGihKpTO3-zyhYg
    was watching Previously Recorded on and off but seems they're finishing up
    https://www.youtube.com/user/PreRecRLM
    Jeremy Parish is doing Final Fantasy vids atm
    https://youtu.be/wozpbc_6MQo
    Son of a Glitch not posting as often atm
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AandStart

Didn't see Super EyePatch Wolf mentioned who sometimes has game related stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Forgot I had this treasure :o
    I'm finding so much stuff I forgot about that while emptying out my storage lockers :)

iP6TKcx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Name that game...

translated from Japanese in Chrome. I changed 1 word which would trigger a memory (not madness junkie head, thats what gave me a giggle).
    Enemy character

Madness Junkie Head

Appeared after Level 4. The upper body is naked. I will set a jump attack. Although it appears only on the bad stage of the foothold, it does not become a mistake even if you touch it, but there is a risk of falling into the hole when it is played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

o1s1n wrote: »

Half the time the labeling is like someone opened the design in Word and accidentally select font size 72.
    Forsaken comes to mind.

EU N64.

389_front.jpg

US PC.

384_front.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You reckon? hmmm, IMO they're both pretty dreadful but the EU one is marginally better.

Has anyone ever seen this 90s sega footage? So much cool **** in one video!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGA/comments/9233mf/a_rare_look_inside_segamid_90s_plus_jama/

Skip to 4:24 for Aero and Sega Swing candy goodness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I always wanted to try Forsaken, on PC anyway.

I'm playing a Descent style game called Overload at the moment and it's pretty slick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had Descent and the sequel on the PlayStation back in the day, and playing both to completion with the original digital pad, which was tricky.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm playing a Descent style game called Overload at the moment and it's pretty slick.

Stick to Descent 1 and 2. Forsaken is ok but got a lot more attention than it deserved for being one of the first slew of games to support 3D accelerators

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The worst offender was the use of awful CGI renders on the covers for the PS1 era games.

The final fantasy games are probably the worst offender.

• Advertisement

Forsaken is getting remastered and released next week.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/90s-sci-fi-shooter-forsaken-is-coming-back-next-week/

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The worst offender was the use of awful CGI renders on the covers for the PS1 era games.

The final fantasy games are probably the worst offender.
    I'm still annoyed that Square has now ditched the whole box art being simply the game's logo on a white background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Forsaken is getting remastered and released next week.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/90s-sci-fi-shooter-forsaken-is-coming-back-next-week/

Oh cool. That's timely.

And you guys should be nicer about the bad box art.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was doing the quest on Alienware this week and they give you a clue every day but I still didnt know what it was when I saw the answer
    see if you get it, so obviously it relates to retro gaming

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/quests

it is the Leiognathidae one

Master of the Universe

Skerries wrote: »
    I was doing the quest on Alienware this week and they give you a clue every day but I still didnt know what it was when I saw the answer
    see if you get it, so obviously it relates to retro gaming

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/quests

it is the Leiognathidae one

Tried to give it a go, you have to be logged in.

Went to create an account, ran into password issues three times, each time having to do a 'I am not a robot' verification with clicking on tiles on an image.

**** that. :pac:

clue 1

LCpbnBD.jpg

Clue 2

it's PSY - Gangnam Style

Clue 3

COkshti.png

Clue 4

CVQIngA.jpg

clue 5

GZovdkT.jpg

I will try and get the last 2 clues later when I can get back into it

I can't get at the pictures again so the answer was
    Hyundai Comboy

Master of the Universe

Thought I'd download Fortnite and see what all the fuss is about.

/5 minutes later

'Well that was a load of ****e'

/Uninstall

/5 minutes later

/Uninstall

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.
    Are we so out of touch??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago.
    Are we so out of touch??

888.jpg

• Advertisement

I hate how everyone uses the misquoted image. It's "Am I so out of touch?".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I hate how everyone uses the misquoted image. It's "Am I so out of touch?".

Everyone is using the misquoted image, am I out of touch?
    No, it's the posters that are wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

/5 minutes later

/Uninstall

Did the same a few months ago.

I did play PUBG since though. Even though I'm ****e at it is a pretty good game. Different to what I usually play. I usually play pretty fast paced with any FPS online, but that doesn't really work for PUBG

Master of the Universe

Yeah the main reason I wanted to give it a go is that my laptop won't run PUBG and I really want to play a massive PVP type game as I haven't really since DayZ.

Anything else knocking about in a similar vein?

Plenty of copy cats but nothing as good as pubg. Can't stand Fortnite either. Only popular due to timing and the price. The shooting is just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I feel like PC gaming has become very hype/trend orientated. Minecraft is apparently back again, for now. Whatever big Twitch streamers are playing seems to be what people gravitate to.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I feel like PC gaming has become very hype/trend orientated. Minecraft is apparently back again, for now. Whatever big Twitch streamers are playing seems to be what people gravitate to.
    In a perfect world, it would be Wreckfest that would be the game of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

In a perfect world, it would be Wreckfest that would be the game of the moment.

I'd actually love if everyone started playing cs 1.6 again.

I'd love to start wrecking a new generation of tweens thinking they are the ****e on a pc

I'd actually love if everyone started playing cs 1.6 again.

I'd love to start wrecking a new generation of tweens thinking they are the ****e on a pc
    Naaa. They'll all be telling you to pick up a wheel gun.

Also, has anyone got a spare 3 grand to give to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,954 ✭✭✭Doge

I found h1z1 to be much better than Fortnite, but probably pales in comparison to pubg. It's great for free game though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement