Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant HD51 Sat Reciever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Going to pull the trigger soon. Can someone confirm if the OpenATV image is better than the OpenVix image. I see Zardoz states that (s)he thinks the OpenATV image is better.

Is that the consensus?

As Gerry says there isnt much between Openatv and Openvix ,its personal preference.

I prefer Openatv simply because the picture is better on it ,it looks better on my tvs.
    Openvix gamma settings are too low ,and the contrast too high so the picture looks too bright on my Plasmas,I have to put the gamma levels on the set to 2.6 ,the maximum .
    Openatv looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Well, I've bought this now with the 500GB internal drive and OpenATV image.

I'm sure I'll be on here again soon looking for help in setting it up.

Questions:
    Do most people opt for the Slyk skin?
    My understanding is that the bouquet orders the channels for you by group. I'd presume that there is one replicating the Sky channel numbering so that my parents have as close to the same setup in both rooms as possible? Or what are the most popular ones used by Boards users?

Going to set this up tomorrow - so might be on looking for some help!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Going to set this up tomorrow - so might be on looking for some help!

How did you get on?

All tuned in.
    Watching the football on rte 2 and it seems that there is either lag or a refresh problem as the football seems July when moving as if the frames per second rate is screwed up.

Any ideas as to why?

I'll then need to get the channels in some sort of order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

All tuned in.
    Watching the football on rte 2 and it seems that there is either lag or a refresh problem as the football seems July when moving as if the frames per second rate is screwed up.

Any ideas as to why?

I'll then need to get the channels in some sort of order.

Did you try watching it on ITV HD?

Yes, same result.

I checked the itv on sky q in the next room and it was fine.

I've watched football on this tv with the sat feed going direct into tv tuner and it was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

what resolution have you set box at?

Can you also tells us what image your using vix or atv? I'm using atv so I'm very familiar with it on the Mutant perhaps we can compare display settings

Resolution is set to 2160p30
    Image is OpenATV

• Advertisement

Resolution is set to 2160p30
    Image is OpenATV

Change to 1080p also try swooping around HDMI cables

Okay will try later.

Tried it and the hurling seemed great on it.
    Why can't it be set to the 4k resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I thought 30fps was a PC or NTSC setting. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought PAL uses 25fps / 50Hz

Tried it and the hurling seemed great on it.
    Why can't it be set to the 4k resolution?

Rte don't even broadcast in full HD..so try watch some sport on 4K and put the setting back up to 4k..I'd also have a look at your HDMI cable and see if it's 4K compatible

The HDMI cable was provided by world-of-satellite.co.uk - the same company who provided me with the box itself. I would expect that the cabling is compatible. How would I test it - as there is minimal UHD content at the minute.

I thought also it was 50Hz, but from memory I think that box setting was to 'auto' so I assumed that it would sort itself out. Obviously not.

Is everyone else running it at 1080p? I thought it would be set at the bet possible and it would upscale as appropriate. Seems a bit odd having a 4K box and TV, but choking it with FHD instead of UHD. I expected it to handle the lower standards as given.

Couldn't say how you'd check hdmi but swop around HDMI cables as well as HDMI inputs on your tv these are simple thing's to try, i still find I'm changing display settings to my liking a year on
    Your best bet would be to get 4K sport content onto a USB stick and start fresh from there then play around with various settings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

I forgot to ask make of tv? UHD is a fairly new system with lots of foibles, it is not a case of just plugging it in. And with the tv one or two of the hdmi slots will be equipped to run UHD and, apparently, UHD requires the latest version of HDMI standard OLED by LG appears to have all the bells and whistles, this one is highly rated

LG 55B7 4K OLED TV with all the bits but the final outcome depends on a few more factors, like does it have HDR, dolby vision, dolby atmos, HLG, ulta hd premium. And all these depend on the broadcaster. However, unless you have your tv calibrated from the outset you will not achieve perfection. The sky Q box may be set to auto resolution so it will output automatically set SD, HD or UHD, it will detect and set the correct format. Sky hd is 1080i but older hd boxes were poor at this resolution and 720p was better. I don't think you can set an enigma2 image to auto resolution.

Its always best to watch picture in native resolution and it does not follow that an HD picture upscaled to UHD will look better, sky will ensure that is not the case. And more so in that sky have downgraded HD so that UHD looks better but its no better than when HD was first introduced.

I was keen on UHD but for the above reasons not anymore.

say make of tv as you can bet your bottom dollar there are settings in tv that will give best possible picture.

I for got to add Netflix do uhd and amazon along with sky.

It is an LG. 43UJ670V.

I need to order the channels now.
    How do I get a decent guide for doing this?
    I presume this is what the bouquets are for?
    There are over 1500 channels picked up and I've not got a scooby where anything is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I need to order the channels now.
    How do I get a decent guide for doing this?
    I presume this is what the bouquets are for?
    There are over 1500 channels picked up and I've not got a scooby where anything is.

Start of by deleting all bouquets, then configure a Freesat region in Autobouquetmaker and run it.

I presume I then do similar for Saorsat?
    I take a look on Google/YT - there is bound to be a guide up somewhere.
    Once I know how they work then I can figure out how to match mine up.

I presume I then do similar for Saorsat?
    I take a look on Google/YT - there is bound to be a guide up somewhere.
    Once I know how they work then I can figure out how to match mine up.

Do you have Saorsat? Or Saorview? Autobouquetmaker will do Saorview just set your transmitter

Saorsat.

Saorsat.

I don't think Autobouquetmaker does Saorsat but it's not hard to make a Saorsat bouquet, find the Irish channels in all channels press menu and add to bouquet

Abm does now do saorsat.

Is there anything special you need to do in order to tune in tuner B?
    I've setup tuner A and have set them both up individually instead of making them equal. However the automatic scan only tunes in tuner A. It does not list tuner B.

How do I get B tuned in as it is preventing completion of ABM scan?

I get a message saying ABM time out on tuner B. Please check the tuner is correctly configured and you can receive the specified frequency.

I wonder do I need to up date the transponder list to add the saorsat transponder? I found the channels doing a manual scan.
    I presume I can update the transponder listing, but how do I do it?

Abm does now do saorsat.

Is there anything special you need to do in order to tune in tuner B?
    I've setup tuner A and have set them both up individually instead of making them equal. However the automatic scan only tunes in tuner A. It does not list tuner B.

How do I get B tuned in as it is preventing completion of ABM scan?

Manual scan tuner b. ABM does not do a scan, it just creates bouquets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You only need tuner B=A. The scan on A then suffices for both tuners.
    The factory TP listings do not work for Saorsat. You only need to manually scan 10765 V 25000 DVB-S2 QPSK 2/3. It is extremely unlikely that anything will change on Saorsat so no need to redo on a regular basis. In the event anything did change it would soon be flagged here.

You only need tuner B=A. The scan on A then suffices for both tuners.
    The factory TP listings do not work for Saorsat. You only need to manually scan 10765 V 25000 DVB-S2 QPSK 2/3. It is extremely unlikely that anything will change on Saorsat so no need to redo on a regular basis. In the event anything did change it would soon be flagged here.

But A is not equal to B. It is my understanding he has A connected to Astra28 and B connected to Saorsat. Is this the case Op?

• Advertisement

Lost my previous reply.

Yes as what Gerry said. Diseqc inputs into both tuners.

I had tried a=b previously and have now changed back to it. No joy.
    Tried retuning and then restarting the box with no joy.

I must have overlooked something simple somewhere.

Advertisement