Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant HD51 Sat Reciever

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good to hear that.
    I upgraded to Openatv 6.3 last week ,it seems stable enough so far but the USB DVD-T tuner seems to lose signal every so often and necessitates a hard reboot to resolve the issue.

How do you find the Mutant picture quality wise Slevster ?

SD - Good, HD -Very good.
    After my initial setup/play with settings on TV/Box, I was happy enough. It was always the thing that held me back from upgrading from the Alien. I had the two boxes connected to the same tv while I was setting the mutant up. It was great for comparisons. I found that teh picture quality on the alien for SD was always a bit better (better contrast,sharpness, etc), the mutant wasn't far behind. Very little difference in HD picture. From our room configuration/viewing distance - the picture quality is very acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Any ideas as to what is happening here:
    I've got Freesat and Saorsat going into a HD51 via a multiswitch. All works as expected when viewing normally.

However, when I go to record Freesat I cannot view Saorsat. I can record Saorsat and watch Freesat concurrently.

I have tried setting up Tuner A as the preferred tuner and Tuner B for recording. However, this is not fully working. When I record on Saorsat, I can view Freesat, but not vice versa. Same applies for when I've got both tuners set to auto.

In the tuner setup, I've set up both satellites, but I've set Tuner B to be equal to Tuner A. IS that a problem or is there something else going on here?

Is the Mutant HD51 not being made anymore. There is no reference to it on the WoS website?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can anyone recommend a cheap USB tuner for Saorview ?

I was using a WandTv stick which uses the Afatech Af9015 chipset but it seems to have given up the ghost.
    It worked well for th emost part ,the odd time though ,the signal on the Saorview channels would go to zero and youd have to do a hard reset to get it to come back.

So looking for something reliable ,I use Openatv 6.3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

This has been covered before but a lot of boxes come with internal dtt now.

You can look at his one on ebay.

RTL2832U & R820T.

But a better option is to get a sony Play TV3 tuner that works off usb and it has a dual tuner. I Have some and they are great. They were cheap as chips a few years ago until guys cottoned on.

Look at this one and what you want is the usb cable and the black box on the right which is the tuner.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3PLAY-TV-USB-FREEVIEW-TUNER-RECEIVER-DVR-RECORDER-PACK/323926625506?hash=item4b6b880ce2:g:5dAAAOSw359cjOxr

The catch is those just showing the dvd box as all you will get is a dvd which you don't need. You could ask does it have tuner. There is one on adverts for 5 euro but I would ask if it comes with tuner.

That is a very good box and you can get a plugin dtt tuner from germany. Look here its worth it.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mutant-Original-HD51-4K-Single-DVB-C-T2-TUNER-HD51-4K-Ultra-HD-Mut-nt-NEU/182833652403?epid=1980892100&hash=item2a91bc22b3:g:kKIAAOSwiEVea5Iw#shpCntId

The driver for sony play tv is ready to downlaod on apenatv and its called dvd-usb-dib0700.

• Advertisement

swoofer wrote: »
    This has been covered before but a lot of boxes come with internal dtt now.

You can look at his one on ebay.

RTL2832U & R820T.

But a better option is to get a sony Play TV3 tuner that works off usb and it has a dual tuner. I Have some and they are great. They were cheap as chips a few years ago until guys cottoned on.

Look at this one and what you want is the usb cable and the black box on the right which is the tuner.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-PS3PLAY-TV-USB-FREEVIEW-TUNER-RECEIVER-DVR-RECORDER-PACK/323926625506?hash=item4b6b880ce2:g:5dAAAOSw359cjOxr

The catch is those just showing the dvd box as all you will get is a dvd which you don't need. You could ask does it have tuner. There is one on adverts for 5 euro but I would ask if it comes with tuner.

That is a very good box and you can get a plugin dtt tuner from germany. Look here its worth it.
    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Mutant-Original-HD51-4K-Single-DVB-C-T2-TUNER-HD51-4K-Ultra-HD-Mut-nt-NEU/182833652403?epid=1980892100&hash=item2a91bc22b3:g:kKIAAOSwiEVea5Iw#shpCntId

The driver for sony play tv is ready to downlaod on apenatv and its called dvd-usb-dib0700.

Thank Swoofer for the detailed reply.
    The Play Tv was what I was actually looking at getting.
    Amazon have them used in very good condition for £15 .

What receivers do you use the Play TV with and whats the performance like ?
    Can you record a Saorview channel and watch another on a different transponder ?
    Do you get that issue I described where the signal on the Saorview channels goes to zero % signal and you have to do a hard reset to get it to come back.

Unfortunately I don't think I can put the plugin DTT tuner in the receiver unless I remove one of the satellite tuners .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

I use VU+ receivers, solo2, uno, duo2 and tiviar and xtrend. It has 2 tuners so all you do is downlaod drivers, plug in usb, reboot box, I use switch at back and the tuners will be picked up. So you will have 4 tuners in your box, a, b, is for sat and c and d for DTT. You tune in both muxes to each tuner and away you go, tape all dtt at once if you like.

No problems.

swoofer wrote: »
    I use VU+ receivers, solo2, uno, duo2 and tiviar and xtrend. It has 2 tuners so all you do is downlaod drivers, plug in usb, reboot box, I use switch at back and the tuners will be picked up. So you will have 4 tuners in your box, a, b, is for sat and c and d for DTT. You tune in both muxes to each tuner and away you go, tape all dtt at once if you like.

No problems.

Thanks Swoofer ,that sounds like just what I need .
    Will order one now off Amazon .

Incidentally,the successor to the HD51 has been recently released ,the AX HD61.

It doesn't seem like much of an improvement if any over the HD51 .
    It has the same processor as the Octagon Sf8008 and Zgemma H9 Twin,the Hisilicon HI3798MV200.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement remote control for the HD51?
    The OE one has awful buttons and a weak tx which requires the remote to be pointed directly at the box. Looking for something with better buttons and signal strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

https://www.freetv.ie/mutant-hd51-remote-control/
    You can also use webif control of box on pc/laptop if needed.

greasepalm wrote: »
    https://www.freetv.ie/mutant-hd51-remote-control/
    You can also use webif control of box on pc/laptop if needed.

I think this one is better ,I changed to it after my original remote broke.
    Works well but has to be selected in the remote control setup on the box ,but its easy to do.
    https://www.freetv.ie/formuler-f1-remote-control/

@greasepalm @Zardoz are those not the same remote? The code is the same.

Are the button presses better than on the original remote?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Possibly but each mention Mutant or Formuler below as maybe the code differs for each?

Dont have one to know what buttons feel like.

Advertisement