Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

Looking forward to the Europa League coverage on today's pod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭aroundthehouse

Raoul wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Europa League coverage on today's pod.

seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Have only had a chance to listen to the first 10 minutes of yesterday's pod so far over breakfast. Brilliant stuff!

Ken really is the gift that keeps on giving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

seriously?

Obviously not :(. Hope it gets some sort of mention but not likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jones

Has anyone tried to use the new Google podcast app to listen to world service I have been using pocketcasts but can't see a way of adding it in the Google one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

One thing that has come up alot in this thread is Ken's obsession with both footballer and manager quotes. I've brought it up myself a few times in this thread and for once I'm not bitching about them! But it dawned on me yesterday.... He actually really finds these quotes genuinely interesting. That almost should go without saying considering how often he talks about them but jaysus it really only struck me yesterday. I can't remember the last time i bothered watching any manager or player press conference, they're almost always ridiculously dull and the object of the exercise is to say alot while saying nothing. Fair play to him I suppose,whatever makes ya happy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I found the golf talk on Wednesday boring enough, but the first ten minutes of yesterday made up for it, Ken was being a knob at the airport, just get to the back of the queue and wait, ya eejit!

Apart from the "Raheem Sterling hippy crack!" I can't remember laughing so much at a story, especially Pogba's 'who the f*ck is this fella' reaction, can't wait to hear the jingle Horgan makes out of it.

I've been listening since late 2006 and Ken has always been psycho analysing managers quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

456227.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

What was the announcement on todays show?

Ciaran_B wrote:
    What was the announcement on todays show?

Ken is leaving the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Devastating news ken is departing, guess his irish times gig is taking up too much of his time. Subscriptions will take a massive hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Beersmith wrote:
    Devastating news ken is departing, guess his irish times gig is taking up too much of his time. Subscriptions will take a massive hit.

It's a bit weird in fairness. You would expect him to have more free time now the world cup is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

ken isn't leaving, or if he is, that wasn't the announcement. just second captains live on august 9th.

if ken left, i'd cancel my sub immediately. it's the ken early show for me. i wonder do they share profits 5 ways? if i was ken, i'd be wanting the lions share of the money

Sigh. Ah well. Glad someone was here to turn on the rain.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Jesus Christ lads! I nearly had a stroke when I read that. Ken leaving would really have put the lid on a sh1t week.

Ciaran_B wrote:
    Jesus Christ lads! I nearly had a stroke when I read that. Ken leaving would really have put the lid on a sh1t week.

Then for that alone it was worth it.

But sorry about your **** week ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 19,600 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Pter wrote: »
    Ken is leaving the show.

Is that true??

Haven't listened yet.

Are you taking the p*ss??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No it's not true, I was getting flashbacks to the 4th of March 2013 for a minute there.

• Advertisement

No it's not true, I was getting flashbacks to the 4th of March 2013 for a minute there.

That was a dark day.

Although it worked out for the best. Probably.

It still irks me when I hear the current OTB lads responding to texts, though. That was probably the SC lads greatest strength, they were hilarious at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I can't stand second captains. They've reach this point now where they're just preaching to the choir with their show.

Devitt is good. Early just tries to be aristotle. Ciaran I can't listen to.... Just speaks at a hundred miles an hour and he has a lisp.

I don't listen to them but housemate always has them going and it drives me mad. Much prefer the off the ball lads. They're cleaning up though... They must be making 150k from the podcast alone each.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Anyone else recognise the old jingle on the pod today from the OTB days? I think it was the 'what's coming up on the football show' and Ken had to give a synopsis in about 30 seconds. I miss those little bits from the radio show.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I can't stand second captains. They've reach this point now where they're just preaching to the choir with their show.

Devitt is good. Early just tries to be aristotle. Ciaran I can't listen to.... Just speaks at a hundred miles an hour and he has a lisp.

I don't listen to them but housemate always has them going and it drives me mad. Much prefer the off the ball lads. They're cleaning up though... They must be making 150k from the podcast alone each.

Which sports show isnt preaching to the choir?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pter wrote: »
    Ken is leaving the show.

Fck no!?

I'm not sure it'll carry itself without him

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah you fcks

I'm fairly sure I'd have cancelled sub were Ken actually leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ah you fcks

I'm fairly sure I'd have cancelled sub were Ken actually leaving

I'd say 99% of people are subbed just for Ken's take on the football. They're not subbing for that constant wet mouth droning on about the GAA. I think I originally subbed for players chair. Wtf happened that?!

I love Ken, but he does his best work talking to the lads. When he's on his own, even when he's interviewing people, it's not as much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

They did 14 players chairs in 12 months so they took a break to let it average out? I dunno. I'd imagine he is on hols after the WC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement