Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Patww79 wrote: »
    Richie disappeared up his own arsehole and hasn't been seen since.

It's a pity. Players chair was awesome. He does love himself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If Ken did leave, I'd stay subscribed if we got more uncle Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah he is great. Could listen to him all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Lemongrease

Is ken leaving ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭jones

Uncle Jim barely paused for breath it reminded me of one of Abe Simpsons stories that all just ramble into each other. In saying that he does know his stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

jones wrote:
    Uncle Jim barely paused for breath it reminded me of one of Abe Simpsons stories that all just ramble into each other. In saying that he does know his stuff

I wonder did he have an onion tied to his belt

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That was the style of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

jones wrote: »

Jim Carney? He was a truly dire commentator, but I suppose that doesn't stop being a good anecdotalist...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

Trying to get tickets to the live event but it says I don't have permission. Anyone got any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I can't even see any links to it.

Jaysus

Edit: now I see it but don't have permission.

Jaysus

http://www.secondcaptains.com/live-events/

This works:
    Just figured it out - search "Second captains" on eventbrite website and click register there.

I just clicked through and got 2 tickets......i think......is there a validation or something that would mean i wouldnt have gotten them.....?

did they interview aisling bea

cos like id never have known if not for the twenty a day tweets and fb posts about them interviewing aisling bea this past fortnight

who i like but am confused about why shes been pushed as a superstar the past few years, let alone on a sports podcast.

I gave up ever looking for them, absolutely impossible to get.

Not so, I just got some.

And things like this never, ever work for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

cos like id never have known if not for the twenty a day tweets and fb posts about them interviewing aisling bea this past fortnight

who i like but am confused about why shes been pushed as a superstar the past few years, let alone on a sports podcast.

She is, or was going out with Mark Horgan. So I'd say she's friendly enough with the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

It was on their radio show, which isn't just sports. And she's quite well known to be fair, lots of appearances on UK TV...

You a subscriber? They could have a list of subscribers on the backend of eventbrite and if the email you give to get tickets doesnt match the one you used to sub on patreon, it wont work?

• Advertisement

I tried and got told by eventbrite that I'm not authorised for the event :D

Same happened to me till I tried what Raoul suggested above - searched for Second Captians, then it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I always miss these, its a wonder they dont try have them in bigger venues. Anyway, if anyone cant go you might keep me in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I always miss these, its a wonder they dont try have them in bigger venues. Anyway, if anyone cant go you might keep me in mind!

Seems I missed out too. How much notice did they give before they were announced to non subscribers?

If Dundalk get through to the next round of the Europa League I will have a few tickets going to whoever wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Really good episode today on the Ozil debacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

dulux99 wrote: »

Yeah it was very good, the SC classic episode was good as well. The Ozil thing is deep, just seems like the end of the relationship is best now but ozil is going to bring heat on himself for years to come because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

dulux99 wrote: »

Yep. Ken must think the story is a dream come true. It has all of the elements he loves to cover - quotes from the sports figure to analyse and pore over, clashes of personalities and a heavy dose of politics. Great stuff

Best balanced interpretation from honigstein imo.

Ken can really tunnel when he has his mind made up about something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yep. Ken must think the story is a dream come true. It has all of the elements he loves to cover - quotes from the sports figure to analyse and pore over, clashes of personalities and a heavy dose of politics. Great stuff

I'm a bit done in general with Ken's fondness for dissecting quotes, but he was the man you'd want to hear from yesterday. Admittedly Ozil's statement had greater wider significance than the latest transparently self serving blather thatMourinho dishes up regularly.

Honingstein was good in his analysis, he's one of the top football journos around.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement