Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

prawnsambo wrote: »
    When you say she refuses to take a bottle from anyone, does that include your wife? Or is she still being breast-fed?

My eldest refused to be weaned. Would go berserk if we tried to give him a bottle. Eventually two of my brothers took it on themselves to play the "there's no other show in town" game with the bottle, with me and my wife exiled from the vicinity for the duration of the struggle. It worked. After a few, very fraught hours. :D

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Congrats!

I have an hysterical daughter on me right now. 60 minutes of solid crying, won’t take a bottle. She has finally nodded off and I’m petrified to move an inch!

It’s great fun, I promise.

Aha aha ah hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I got 11 hours unbroken sleep the other night and my eldest made me my breakfast when I got up!!
    It's great fun....when they get older....I promise.

*congratulations b gud*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

"My child will be different" is one of the many lies I've been telling my self for the last 7 months

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

When you say she refuses to take a bottle from anyone, does that include your wife? Or is she still being breast-fed?

My eldest refused to be weaned. Would go berserk if we tried to give him a bottle. Eventually two of my brothers took it on themselves to play the "there's no other show in town" game with the bottle, with me and my wife exiled from the vicinity for the duration of the struggle. It worked. After a few, very fraught hours. :D

Yea she won't take a bottle from my wife either. She's breastfed. At the start she was getting both, but eventually just refused any more bottles.

We'll be starting weaning off the breast in the next few weeks. Fun times ahead.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Aha aha ah hahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

I got 11 hours unbroken sleep the other night and my eldest made me my breakfast when I got up!!
    It's great fun....when they get older....I promise.

*congratulations b gud*
    The thing is she's a great sleeper at night. She goes down about 9 and wakes about 6, and then goes back to sleep about 6:30 until 8/8:30.
    b.gud wrote: »
    "My child will be different" is one of the many lies I've been telling my self for the last 7 months

There are good days and bad days.

awec wrote: »

We'll be starting weaning off the breast in the next few weeks. Fun times ahead.

The idea that you ever fully wean them is a fallacy.

boobgate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

b.gud wrote: »

Don't worry, you'll continue using that one in various ways after they're born too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

My son took a massive dump on the living room floor yesterday. My daughter high fived him before they both turned to me and chanted "FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH!"

It doesn't get easier but it does get funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

That is exceptional

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

They could use this thread as contraception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

stephen_n wrote: »
    They could use this thread as contraception.

Too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Who would be in for an NFL fantasy football league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

hqdefault.jpg

Bitty?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Who would be in for an NFL fantasy football league?
    Yup

Done one before from a dedicated american football forum but it didnt go too well compared to the other players :/

One with just rugby boardies i might have a chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ok cool! That's three of us anyway. :D

Trump has to be f**ked now. Has to be, even republican's are widely turning on him.

Trump has to be f**ked now. Has to be, even republican's are widely turning on him.

Are they really?

From what I can see it's nothing unusual...

Are they really?

From what I can see it's nothing unusual...

13 republican senators so far, and fox news to a degree according to twitter.

Can you just imagine of Obama did this!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I hear this on a weekly basis.

He's going the distance and might go for another 4 years too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Mueller thing is going to be huge once the real indictments start flowing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Facts don't matter anymore. It's a ****ing sad state of affairs.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Facts don't matter anymore. It's a ****ing sad state of affairs.

Yup. And it now looks like no deal Brexit or no Brexit. EU weren't going to agree to the chequers deal anyway but they sure won't have anything to do with the amended version.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.

Still think this has to be the end of Trump though, even if he doesn't get impeached over it, every Democrat can campaign on that press conference and nothing else in November / 2020.

Yup. And it now looks like no deal Brexit or no Brexit. EU weren't going to agree to the chequers deal anyway but they sure won't have anything to do with the amended version.

Still think this has to be the end of Trump though, even if he doesn't get impeached over it, every Democrat can campaign on that press conference and nothing else in November / 2020.

Pretty sure his followers will lap it up either way. The House is gerrymandered beyond belief and the Senate race massively favours Repubs in terms of who is up for reelection.

I can't for the life of me see how he could possible win in 2020 but at this stage, who the hell knows anything anymore.

As to Brexit...honestly I'd find that funnier if it wasn't annoyingly close to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,614 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I was listening to James O'Brien clips on YouTube where members of the public phoned in to debate Brexit. My god it was absolutely astonishing that they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Majority of them couldn't understand the impact of the GFA and how you can't just have two different trade markets on the one island without a hard border. And the general consensus was that they don't need the EU to agree to any trade agreement that they'll just work away and trade within the single market anyways.

A Russian woman has been arrested in Washington for spying activities. She had links to the NRA.

A Russian woman has been arrested in Washington for spying activities. She had links to the NRA.

The indictment's on Friday are not getting as much exposure as they should - but there is several references to a "Gun Lobby Organisation".

It's something that the Republican's would work very hard to protect, the NRA and second amendment are tent poles of their platform, it would be devastating if it was caught up in dirty political money from Russia. At least it should be devastating.

Absolute bastards bringing forward these charges. Now we won't get our Cumberbatch Brexit movie according to Cadwalladr... Can they not hold off on the justice process until we get our box sets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Do we want Trump impeached?

Mike Pence seems a more terrifying prospect than Trump.

The other thing is that given the state of relations between the US and Russia, Trump may be the only thing stopping any new cold war turning hot.

bilston wrote: »

The other thing is that given the state of relations between the US and Russia, Trump may be the only thing stopping any new cold war turning hot.
    Omorosa agrees with you. :eek:

• Advertisement

bilston wrote: »

I would argue he is emboldening them to ratchet up their actions, not in any way acting as a bulwark against a "hot" war.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement