Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Croatia to win it. Come on the small nations. What a great story these lads are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Gwan Limerick liginds.

What a game! Congrats Limerick

Ireland won a silver in the high jump in Finland. Summer Lecke a future star.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

KILDARE ROBBED BY HATEFUL PRO-MONAGHAN GAA CRONIES

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Croatia to win it. Come on the small nations. What a great story these lads are.

I'm torn between that and wanting France and Mpappe to absolutely own it. Early days but Croatia have started pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zzippy wrote: »
    What a game! Congrats Limerick

You were always my favourite mod.

Ah brilliant goal by Perisic. Game well and truly on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Kerry v Galway is pure slurry...

Very harsh VAR call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Croatia with 61% possession. Don't know how France are in the lead. Didn't think their first goal was a free but want to see it again

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Croatia with 61% possession. Don't know how France are in the lead. Didn't think their first goal was a free but want to see it again

I think there was contact on Griezmann but he had already slipped and was going down

bilston wrote: »
    I think there was contact on Griezmann but he had already slipped and was going down

Yeah there's a good angle from behind. Contact came after he'd started falling. He bought it

That's that then. Well done to France

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Good lads Galway!

Dire first half, the end of it was exciting though!

First win over Kerry since ‘65

Sasha Baron Cohen's new show isn't bad. First half I got a bit bored and was going to skip but the last segment on gun control was breathtaking stuff, 20% funny 80% depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Sasha Baron Cohen's new show isn't bad. First half I got a bit bored and was going to skip but the last segment on gun control was breathtaking stuff, 20% funny 80% depressing.
    You're really selliing it. Marketing is your forte obviously. :D

prawnsambo wrote: »
    You're really selliing it. Marketing is your forte obviously. :D

Worth watching for the last segment. Almost essential viewing just to see how legitimately f**ked parts of America are. I'll definitely watch the next one!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Worth watching for the last segment. Almost essential viewing just to see how legitimately f**ked parts of America are. I'll definitely watch the next one!

Where'd you watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkXeMoBPSDk

This is the gun segment. It’s breathtaking

Damn France. The little guy couldn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

durkadurka wrote: »

Well, that was a truly ****ed up start to the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

durkadurka wrote: »

Oh my god, listening to those senators and congressmen is actually the scariest thing I have ever watched. America is so f@*ked up it’s not even funny. That they would quote “scientific facts” off a teleprompter, without even questioning the veracity of the claims and do so with complete sincerity is unfathomable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭b.gud

Sprint or at least try a try isn't that difficult. Would 750m swim/20k bike/5k be a problem. Supersprint/try a tri is half each distance.

I could give a decent shot at the bike and the run of that distance, albeit in a slow time. The swim would probably be the biggest issue for me.

A sprint definitely sounds more doable than a triathlon, but with a baby on the way I don't think it will happen anytime soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

b.gud wrote: »
    but with a baby on the way I don't think it will happen anytime soon :)

Excellent news young man!

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Congrats!

I have an hysterical daughter on me right now. 60 minutes of solid crying, won’t take a bottle. She has finally nodded off and I’m petrified to move an inch!

It’s great fun, I promise.

awec wrote: »
    Congrats!

I have an hysterical daughter on me right now. 60 minutes of solid crying, won’t take a bottle. She has finally nodded off and I’m petrified to move an inch!

It’s great fun, I promise.

Update: set her in her cot. Hysterics. Yay.

Update: set her in her cot. Hysterics. Yay.

What set her off in the first place? Did you show her a picture of Les Kiss again?

What set her off in the first place? Did you show her a picture of Les Kiss again?

Ha!

From about three months she has refused to take a bottle from anyone. Which means when my wife has to go to an appointment it is a pain in the arse.

And she’s been awake now for nearly four fecking hours so she’s properly grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

b.gud wrote: »
    I could give a decent shot at the bike and the run of that distance, albeit in a slow time. The swim would probably be the biggest issue for me.

A sprint definitely sounds more doable than a triathlon, but with a baby on the way I don't think it will happen anytime soon :)

Congrats b.gud. Personally I've no idea what awec is on about. I had my little one sitting down watching the Crusaders on Saturday morning while the wife got a lie in. It's a breeze. :D

I lied of course. It's not a breeze. But it's not that bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Ha!

From about three months she has refused to take a bottle from anyone. Which means when my wife has to go to an appointment it is a pain in the arse.

And she’s been awake now for nearly four fecking hours so she’s properly grumpy.
    When you say she refuses to take a bottle from anyone, does that include your wife? Or is she still being breast-fed?

My eldest refused to be weaned. Would go berserk if we tried to give him a bottle. Eventually two of my brothers took it on themselves to play the "there's no other show in town" game with the bottle, with me and my wife exiled from the vicinity for the duration of the struggle. It worked. After a few, very fraught hours. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement