Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 225: Whitaker vs Romero Sat June 9th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gadelha not the fighter she used to be, carla has improved but you have to think a year back gadelha would have eaten carla for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

1 clear round for each of them. It’s all going to come down to the first. Claudia 29-28 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

dulux99 wrote: »
    He did say that didn't he? Shows what an impressionable little bollix I am

He also called one of Esparza's head kicks a leg kick.

Maybe no more cans for Jon? :pac:

dont think they can give this one to carla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Thats a terrible decision. Clear win for Carla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Correct decision in the fight and correct decision for my accumulator. Very entertaining fight. Great card in general so far

Claudia thinks she’s getting the FOTN bonus? Yeah that shot in the first definitely concussed her. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Judges got it right imo, first round Claudia scraped it and then 1 round each.

mangobob wrote: »

Nonsense. First round was very close, Claudia dominated round 2 and Carla dominated Rd 3. Very fair decision

• Registered Users Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Was hoping it might go Carlas way but it was close

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

mangobob wrote: »

Thought it was an obvious 29-28 to Claudia myself. First round was tough to call but overall Claudia got the better of her and was close to submitting her towards the end of the round. 2nd clearly Claudia, 3rd clearly Esparza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yup Carla got the 3rd, Claudia the other two. I don't think Claudia has gotten any worse, but she still loses her pop after two rounds like always.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

mailburner wrote: »
    dont think they can give this one to carla

So close!

chickened out of backing carla at 4/1, only right decision ive made all night

Hope Blades gets battered for that abomination of a walkout song. Wtf was that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lets go Reem !

Hope Blades gets battered for that abomination of a walkout song. Wtf was that

And Drake walking out with him too, he must be disgusted by that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hoping for a Blaydes win here

Sad state of affairs when these are the 2nd and 4th ranked guys in the world.

Blades had him badly rocked on the fight and decided to snooze it out and take him down. I don't think I'm a Curtis Blades fan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Blades had him badly rocked on the fight and decided to snooze it out and take him down. I don't think I'm a Curtis Blades fan

Hes a very effective fighter but too conservative and cautious for my liking.

well i think i spoke too soon

He turned it on at the end, fair play.

That was some finish. Overeem’s face went from pretty to disfigured in the space of a second.

Poor from the ref there I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Shocking stoppage

Those elbows were nasty! Great win for Blaydes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Poor from the ref there I reckon

Should have stopped it 2-3 before he did

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cashcow

is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling Joe doesn't like the Reem at all..what was the point of that one question interview.

• Advertisement

cashcow wrote: »
    is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling Joe doesn't like the Reem at all..what was the point of that one question interview.

He was being rushed for time clearly.

Advertisement