Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 225: Whitaker vs Romero Sat June 9th 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

cashcow wrote: »
    is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling Joe doesn't like the Reem at all..what was the point of that one question interview.

They were out of time, PPV due to start

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cashcow

Axwell wrote: »
    They were out of time, PPV due to start

I get that,just don't bother getting into the cage then like in other situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling Joe doesn't like the Reem at all..what was the point of that one question interview.

What does that have to do with him not liking overeem?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I get that,just don't bother getting into the cage then like in other situations

It was a big win for Blaydes..he was due his 10 seconds of fame on the mic. Joe cant do anything about the fact they are running out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

What are you on about. He only had time to ask the winner one quick question. He also doesn't typically interview KO'd fighters anymore... All deriving from an incident with Overeem himself. I can't understand what issue you have with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

cm punk ! cm punk ! cm punk !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Punk by spinning heel kick here, all day long.

Good to get this joke of a fight out of the way. That being said I cant help but feel one of them gets a finish rather than it going the distance..Cm Punk by Sub or more likely Jackson by KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

goosebumps

although this guy looks the happiest I've ever seen a guy get into the ring

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Ah lads I can't help but like Punk, he seems like such a cool guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

ricero wrote: »
    cm punk ! cm punk ! cm punk !

:D I want him to win sooooooo badly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I like Punk but I think Jackson lights him up unless he can get him to the ground

cm punk by flying fringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

He's fighting to not lose and become a meme! - Jimmy Smith

LOL

Really like Jimmy's commentary. A smart move by the UFC to get him on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Just me that's slightly underwhelmed with the crowd reaction? Maybe I need to turn the volume up.

Actually they're really getting into it now. But the walkout was pretty tame in comparison to Till's

Punk's twirls are giving me heart failure, lol

Punk is knackered. But jaysus he's a trier in fairness.

Just me that's slightly underwhelmed with the crowd reaction? Maybe I need to turn the volume up.

Actually they're really getting into it now. But the walkout was pretty tame in comparison to Till's

Haha jaysus how can you compare CM Punk, an 0-1 Pro wrestlers walk out to Darren Till headlining UFC Liverpool. That's like comparing a Junior C game to an All Ireland final

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Delighted to see Punk have a competitive round but he has zero energy left.

• Advertisement

dulux99 wrote: »
    Haha jaysus how can you compare CM Punk, an 0-1 Pro wrestlers walk out to Darren Till headlining UFC Liverpool. That's like comparing a Junior C game to an All Ireland final

Are we talking about the same CM Punk that made $1m in his pro debut??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Poor oul phil is totally knackered. Cant see him lasting for 3 rounds...

Punk is knackered, he really needs to know how to trip as well, he walked Jackson half way across the cage at one stage trying to get a takedown and it was screaming for a trip.

Are we talking about the same CM Punk that made $1m in his pro debut??

Yes

What's that got to do with anything? You expected a similar crowd reaction that Darren Till got? That's just bizarre.

Seeing him get that taketown was lovely, would love him to pull off a miracle here :)

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yes

What's that got to do with anything? You expected a similar crowd reaction that Darren Till got? That's just bizarre.

Till is from Liverpool. Punk is from Chicago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

:D:D

Till is from Liverpool. Punk is from Chicago

CM Punk is a wrestler. He's fighting on a MMA show. The crowd isn't filled with wrestling fans.

Darren Till was headlining the first ever event in liverpool against one of the top welterweights in the world. You're deluded to expect a similar reaction.

Has there ever even been a reaction in America for an American fighter that you can compare to the reaction Till got?

This is awful from both of them...Jackson showboating like he actually thinks hes good..cant wait to see him get battered in his next fight if he has one so he gets a reality check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Its not dada-kimbo level of bad, but this is still really bizarre to watch.

Advertisement