Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car blocking the Luas and giving the owner time to move it!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

ShadyAcres wrote:
    What kind of idiot parks their car on the Luas line? The mind boggles.

A BMW driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭Nermal

A five year driving ban would be proportional, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

SteM wrote: »
    She'd run out of hummus so she had to make an emergency trip to m&s.

If a no humus situation is not an emergency then I don't know what really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Seriously though, are we all really saying one of us can drive over and park on the Redline and just leave the car there for 15 or 20 minutes and nothing will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Cordell

No, nothing was done to forcibly remove the car, they waited for the driver to come back. This doesn't imply that nothing will be done, I'm quite sure she will get a FCPN at least, if not a summons for driving without due care and consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Cordell wrote: »
    No, nothing was done to forcibly remove the car, they waited for the driver to come back. This doesn't imply that nothing will be done, I'm quite sure she will get a FCPN at least, if not a summons for driving without due care and consideration.

Thats all that can be expected from our limp wristed left wing judicial system.

We need a complete reform from the ground up and people need to be held responsible for the damage they do acting like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

D3V!L wrote: »
    Thats all that can be expected from our limp wristed left wing judicial system.

Yeh, our left wing judicial system, laws passed by right wing politicians who select right wing judges. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

They should attach tram versions of the old cowcatchers that steam trains used to have for this very purpose! If people are that goddamn dense, then let them learn their lesson the hard way, right where it hurts: their wallets!

This multipled by infinity... plus one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Someone should have at least keyed the car. Maybe even dog **** on the door handles. They may think twice about acting like twats again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Someone should have at least keyed the car. Maybe even dog **** on the door handles. They may think twice about acting like twats again.

Would it make you feel better if their car was damaged ? Have you ever been on the receiving end of having your car keyed by some f*cktard because he thought you "deserved" it ?

We had our new to us Opel Kadett convertible keyed because it was nice and shiny and someone took exception to it. Not a nice feeling at all.

Car keyers are the scum of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Would it make you feel better if their car was damaged ?

If it meant it got it in to their thick skull not to park like that again, then yes.

Would it make you feel better if their car was damaged ? Have you ever been on the receiving end of having your car keyed by some f*cktard because he thought you "deserved" it ?

We had our new to us Opel Kadett convertible keyed because it was nice and shiny and someone took exception to it. Not a nice feeling at all.

Car keyers are the scum of the earth.

Did you park on a luas line?:D

Relax, I'm kidding around. So you don't object to dog-**** on the handles then? :pac:

Did you park on a luas line?:D

Relax, I'm kidding around. So you don't object to dog-**** on the handles then? :pac:

I've always preferred a banana up the tail pipe myself.

Wait, we're talking about cars? Oh. My mind was.... elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Cordell wrote: »

If the rumour is true who the driver was then I wouldn't expect them to get any sort of summons/FCPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Bolt one of these jobbies on the front of each luas... no more parking issues (or jaywalking pedestrians).

9qv3td.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

yabadabado wrote: »
    If the rumour is true who the driver was then I wouldn't expect them to get any sort of summons/FCPN.

Who's the rumour?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So go on spill !

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Who's the rumour?

It was mentioned on here yesterday ,if you do a bit of digging.
    Not going to post the name here,could do without a ban.

• Advertisement

Is it a criminal or public figure/celebrity/sports person? Does he have a mustache? Does he wear glasses? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The bomb squad should have been called. Vehicle left on a tram line...area should have been closed off and a controlled explosion carried out.

Is it a criminal or public figure/celebrity/sports person? Does he have a mustache? Does he wear glasses? :)
    Aw no one said we were playing Guess Who, and as usual I'm not invited :(

See #48 .

You might figure it out from there.

See #48 .

You might figure it out from there.

No idea who it is as I don't pay much attention to identities in this country, but seeing as though it was possibly a judge, that actually makes perfect sense seeing as how judges in this country are quite literally (and pathetically at that) a law onto themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Didn't notice on the Garda twitter page, with photos of the caught parking in Disabled spaces they feature, is it because of "who it was" one wonders...

selous wrote: »
    Didn't notice on the Garda twitter page, with photos of the caught parking in Disabled spaces they feature, is it because of "who it was" one wonders...

There was a very clear pic of the reg number on one of the pictures i saw of the car.
    Do The Garda put up many of those type of photos ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

A rumour? You mean a post on here?
    I was there and I recognised the car, it actually belongs to a judge.

Wheety wrote: »
    A rumour? You mean a post on here?

That's exactly what I said .it was posted here and to do a bit of digging if any of ye wanted to find out.

What part of my post don't you understand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

That's exactly what I said .it was posted here and to do a bit of digging if any of ye wanted to find out.

What part of my post don't you understand?

Twitter rumours.

I don't think there's anywhere you can look up the owner of the car so otherwise it's just hearsay.

Advertisement