Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car blocking the Luas and giving the owner time to move it!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Seen this on FB last night. Surely there are stonger Bye Laws in relation to parking on Tram Routes compared to other transit routes. Buses can at least drive around obstructions, trams cant. Should have been moved/lifted as soon as, without fear of causing damage, or be liable for.
    gctest50 wrote: »
    Because they're plastic crap

need real tram

Tram nor driver flinched there.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

endacl wrote: »
    No. Community policing is a role within the service. It wasn't outsourced.

Wasn't there a recommendation to outsource all parking, traffic, motor tax , etc tv to a ‘seperate’ body about 20 years ago?a traffic corps, but not Gardai. Afaik the Gardai scuppered that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Del2005 wrote: »
    So the Red line was suspended because some moron decided to park on the footpath and track at Jervis. The Gardai were called and decided to give the driver time to move it! The car should be dragged from the area, can't lift due to the wires, and then lifted and any damage done tough and a huge fine.

Thousands of people impacted because this country is too soft on this stuff.

http://www.thejournal.ie/luas-suspended-jervis-4040904-May2018/

get over it - hardly the end of the world - people a little inconvenced - perhaps it was an emegency - medical or something you or I don't know - more things to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Let us see the reg and name and shame . Too many people are inconvenienced by such selfish eejits

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Traffic wardens are badly needed and issue fines instead of clamping cars. Oh look that car is parked illegally. We should clamp it so they can't move it.

Fine and some system where the fine increases each time.

Anyone attacking a traffic warden should be treated as if they attacked a Guard.

Maybe the warden takes a picture of the car first and then it uploads to a server so if they are attacked at least the licence plate number has already been recorded.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    Traffic wardens are badly needed and issue fines instead of clamping cars. Oh look that car is parked illegally. We should clamp it so they can't move it.

Fine and some system where the fine increases each time.

Anyone attacking a traffic warden should be treated as if they attacked a Guard.

Maybe the warden takes a picture of the car first and then it uploads to a server so if they are attacked at least the licence plate number has already been recorded.

that whole area of town is already well policed by clampers - one incident , that we dont kniow full details about , i.e. could be a doctor or medical emegency - and boards lynch mob are unsurpisingly up in arms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

thebaz wrote: »
    get over it - hardly the end of the world - people a little inconvenced - perhaps it was an emegency - medical or something you or I don't know - more things to be worried about.

Are you ****ing serious?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Are you ****ing serious?

yes I am - it hardly is the end of the world - you or I don't know why car stopped - maybe it was a real emergency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

yes I am - it hardly is the end of the world - you or I don't know why car stopped - maybe it was a real emergency
    There's no reason at all why in the case of an emergency it couldn't have parked illegally somewhere else where it wouldn't cause huge disruption.

Bringing an entire public transport route to a halt is not a minor inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

that whole area of town is already well policed by clampers - one incident , that we dont kniow full details about , i.e. could be a doctor or medical emegency - and boards lynch mob are unsurpisingly up in arms

I'm saying I don't agree with clamping. Why make an illegally parked car immobile for even longer?

Oh, and on the other side of Abbey Street (outside Gin Palace or Paddy Power), there's room to park if it was an emergency, without blocking an essential mode of public transport at rush hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Unbelievable. You live some sheltered life I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,108 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

And maybe someone on that LUas also needed a medical appointment or pick up a child or visit an elderly relative .A car left on a track with no one in sight is hardly a medical emergency .So where were they dashing to do you think ?

Pelvis wrote: »
    There's no reason at all why in the case of an emergency it couldn't have parked illegally somewhere else where it wouldn't cause huge disruption.

Bringing an entire public transport route to a halt is not a minor inconvenience.

as I said I dont know the full details ,and obviously it is not nice - but a very good friend of mine died last week , thats what I call a big problem . anyway I'll say no more , cause I dont know the full details , and I'm hurting about real problems in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pixel Eater

Do we know any further details; the person's name, reason for parking, punishment etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Medical emergency?
    Don't Doctors have an emergency plate to display for just such circumstances?

It is depressingly common, people are now so used to parking on/blocking footpaths, double yellow, solid white lines, that it has become a de facto rule that it is ok to do so.

Suggestions that a mob could "lift" it out of the way or Luas could just push it are wide of the mark.
    Owner of illegally parked car can sue for damages if you are seen to damage it.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Unbelievable. You live some sheltered life I'd say.

i gave my ****ing opinion - thats its hardly life or death - i despise boards at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,297 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Just yesterday I was driving down Kildare Street, northbound and there was a van parked illegally, half on the sidewalk and half on the double yellows, the car onfront of me drove on and took the wing mirror of the van off.

I agree a group of people should have pushed it onto the road. People in Ireland are too afraid of the legal eagels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Kinda beggars belief that this kind of behavior isn't seriously punished.

That said, I'm sure you get people lining up to defend the drivers Human Rights against The Collectors Of Revenue.

Suggestions that a mob could "lift" it out of the way or Luas could just push it are wide of the mark.
    Owner of illegally parked car can sue for damages if you are seen to damage it.

That's the problem people afraid of lawyers. Years ago you'd just wreck her car and if she had a problem tell her that her daddy would get her back in pieces in the post if u heard from her again

what was her story anyway? what punishment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

i gave my ****ing opinion - thats its hardly life or death - i despise boards at times.

And its people with your "opinion" that think the world revolves around them.

D3V!L wrote: »
    And its people with your "opinion" that think the world revolves around them.

i didn't park the car - just offered a possible reason - as I said I dont know the full details - i wasn't ther. I do know the authorities in general are pretty good at keeping the roads clear - they cant be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What's a real emergency?
    What kind of emergency does it need to be that a car is abandoned on the tracks and locked.
    The driver could have parked 10 ft away and caused less hassle.

yabadabado wrote: »
    What's a real emergency?
    What kind of emergency does it need to be that a car is abandoned on the tracks and locked.
    The driver could have parked 10 ft away and caused less hassle.

You know a "real emergency" as opposed to a fake one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Does getting the groceries in M&S count ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭SteM

She'd run out of hummus so she had to make an emergency trip to m&s.

What's a real emergency?
    T

as I said medical - would be a real emergency - I dont know the full details, but in general the authorities police Dublin city very well - can never be perfect - I am hurting over the death of my friend , and really dont need abuse here, for offering a possible reason, however unpopular , hate the pack mentality of boards. good luck.

and I fully agree with last bit :- the driver could have parked 10 ft away and caused less hassle.

Does getting the groceries in M&S count ?

Only if she has her 4 way flashers on and she's just "popping in for a minute"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If you are attending a GAA match or have put your hazard lights on, you can pretty much park anywhere in Ireland regardless of how awkward you've made things for your fellow citizens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I am hurting over the death of my friend

Then in all seriousness, take some time away from boards.

Advertisement