Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 25th May 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,314 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm dying to know how Leitrim voted :D
    And roscommon.

I'm so proud to be from neighbouring Mayo that just about goes with national public opinion. I put this singularly down to my personal influence on the county. I'd never live it down if I was from either Leit or Ross and I certainly could never use boards if I were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Apparently some are planning a big shindig at Dublin Castle similar to the marriage equality
    i. e. trying to get their photo taken.

I think that would be such bad taste.

The hyperactive juvenile twitterati just don't realise this referendum and some people on both sides have very sensitive and understandable reasons for their positions, unlike the last one.

To try to party, brag and virtue signal due to it, is quite disgusting imo.

Spot on actually!!

Wow I agree with you on this one !!! jesus , I'll take a screenshot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

tampopo wrote: »
    I see, my mrs. was accosted around that time, St. Patrick's Day. On the way to work, early. Near a Luas station. She didn't get on the LLS. Gardai were slow/reluctant to take a statement. Until she revealed she'd been threatened with violence. Still, investigation has ground to a halt. Due to apathy, imo

I wish a victim would use their platform to hammer the judiciary and gardaí some time.

Some are a complete disgrace.

They are never criticised!

I'm sorry about your Mrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'll be switching off the show before the feminazi celebrations of the referendum

Apparently some are planning a big shindig at Dublin Castle similar to the marriage equality
    i. e. trying to get their photo taken.

I think that would be such bad taste.

The hyperactive juvenile twitterati just don't realise this referendum and some people on both sides have very sensitive and understandable reasons for their positions, unlike the last one.

To try to party, brag and virtue signal due to it, is quite disgusting imo.
    No way, that’s horrible. Many people who voted yes did so with a heavy heart. It should be somber and deeply respectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,619 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nah I'm not going too far
    He's burning up like Christy Moore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Never heard of this guy,sounds like a recording of Nicky Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

iora_rua wrote: »
    However, never count yer chickens 'fore they're hatched etc.

Poor choice of words!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Those guys were BRILLIANT

Totally agree! His Martin King and Ivan Yates were hilarious! :pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

My old teacher used to say Dublin was heroin capital of Europe, he was Joe Brollys brother so I don't know if he was speaking nonsense or not, he used to go off on these rants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I knew I recognised this guy from somewhere. Pete's son in Fair City. The one that isn't Doug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

Is this the lad that made that cool Christmas video about the recession and all his mates had left Ireland ?

M

I say a beggar/homeless fella today wearing clothing worth at least €300 and listening to his Eye Phone, he's in the same spot every day, probably clearing €1000 a week, I'm in the wrong job.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Can someone wake me for the exist poll results ?

Are you the guy from Green Day? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

How would you describe that accent, a gob****e accent maybe?

What's he talking about?

Think I'm having an allergic reaction listening to this.

M

Bad line button coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jason Byrne should be banned from television
    How would you describe that accent, a gob****e accent maybe?

TCD knobhead with Leo V :p

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

what rubbish is this fella talking?

All he's missing is the spar bag over the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Blah blah blah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Should know better than attacking Fine Gael on Tubridy's watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

It's not divide and conquer, it's divide and rule.

So, it's divide and conquer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Evening all, last Late Late of the season, Im happy it is up but sad for the thread, yall been great fun throughout, if not for the thread I wouldnt even be watching it.

Anyway Ive an anecdote about that wan Lorna and the angels. Back around 2010 I used to be an Airbnb host, it had only just launched and I dived right into it as Id a spare bedroom close to town. Anyways this wan from LA who was a filmaker came to stay with me a few nights in Dublin before heading down to Kilkenny to meet Lorna and then back to my place to stay one further night before flying back to LA. She wanted to pitch her idea for a film to Lorna.

In anyways she wasnt even in my gaff less than an hour and there she was telling me all about angels and how she regularly communcates with them. I was sitting there on the sofa dumbfounded about all this. On the second day she told me she had been talking to the angel of Jim Morrison in my bedroom, she had asked Jim was he still writing poetry and the update from beyond the grave is that he writes it everyday. We had many conversations about her and these angles, she also spoke to JFKs angel who asked her to "try to bring an end to war in the Iraq". I kid you not.

So on the third day she leaves and heads to Kilkenny. 48 hours later I get a phonecall from a consultant psychiatrist in Kilkenny hospital asking did I know her. He told me that she had been committed to a mental institution by the Gardai and needed to find a next of kin. There was only one phone number in her phone- mine, because she had bought an Irish sim card for her stay here. I told him she had stayed with me a few nights and I told him that she had been chatting to angels and apparently Jim Morrison still writes poetry and JFK wants and end to war in "the Iraq" . He was not a single a bit surprised.

The phonecall from the psychiatrist ended with me saying she was due to fly to LA the following Monday. He said no-way would she be making that flight with all the medication they had her on, her discharge would not be for 2 or even three weeks. Whatever she did in Kilkenny must have been serious, the Gardai only commit people if there are a serious risk to themselves or others. Either way the psych wasnt telling me what exactly happened for her to be arrested and forced against her will into a mental institution.

I always did want to know if she got to meet Lorna Byrne. Having seen that interview with her just now got me thinking that the two of them would have got on like a house on fire.

tl,dr version-whackos attract whackos
    Jesus, that’s insane. You should write a book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

cactuspaw wrote: »
    what rubbish is this fella talking?

He's talking a lot of sense.

M

I want an Irexit vote next.

Toby Maguire has let himself go...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

I knew I recognised this guy from somewhere. Pete's son in Fair City. The one that isn't Doug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Da bankers.

That’s why I robbed the shop with a syringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Agree - no mater what an abortion is not a celebration.

A labour Councillor thinks it is.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-castle-2-4034330-May2018/

• Advertisement

Usual Bankers, upper classes rable rable nonsense.

Advertisement