Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

JoeA3 wrote: »
    ....... A new GTI today is around 46k out of the box ..........

:eek:

Golf 3 Doors Golf GTI

From € 38,195.00

Price is RRP and excludes delivery and related charges of €775.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/app/configurator/vw-ie/en/the-golf/30315?page=trim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Augeo wrote: »
    :eek:

Golf 3 Doors Golf GTI

From € 38,195.00

Price is RRP and excludes delivery and related charges of €775.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/app/configurator/vw-ie/en/the-golf/30315?page=trim

Right. I had the 5 door GTI PP in my head... which, by the time you add a couple of "essentials" is up around 46-47k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

€42k OTR for a 242 bhp manual, presumably the virtual cockpit, metallic paint and lumbar support are optional extras, so yeah I could see how you'd be talking about €45k when you've specd one up. Do these come with alcantara or leather as standard? I presume they come with climate control, cruise control and an auto dimming rear view mirror, personally I couldn't live without any of those.

€42k OTR for a 242 bhp manual, presumably the virtual cockpit, metallic paint and lumbar support are optional extras, so yeah I could see how you'd be talking about €45k when you've specd one up. Do these come with alcantara or leather as standard? I presume they come with climate control, cruise control and an auto dimming rear view mirror, personally I couldn't live without any of those.

Everything you list there is standard in the Golf apart from leather. The seats are cloth. The likes of paint, wheel upgrade, adaptive dampers would add a few K though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd probably be looking at

Base Model - ST-3
    Performance Pack
    LED Headlights
    B&O Play + Sat Nav
    Performance Blue

€32,870

Alternatively in ST2 form I'd go

Performance Pack
    18" Wheels
    LED Headlights
    Red calipers
    B&O Play + Sat Nav
    Performance Blue

€31,330

Theres roughly €2k difference in basic spec but once you start adding some spec to the ST2, IMO, you're nearly better off going for an ST3.

Although there is things on the ST3 that I'd happily live without too.

All in, if you clicked all options and most expensive paint, youre talking €35.5k for Fiesta, but I dont think many, if any car will arrive here with that spec sheet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I contacted two dealers yesterday. One local and the other the other was Spirt. The local fella took my number and never called me back. The other crowd emailed me a quote....which was just the rrp price for everything I included on my spec plus paint protection....sigh.

Screenshot_20180509-165144.png

LOL Vintage... don't do it to yourself... remember your last new car buying experience....

Spirt just replied to my email there saying it's a bit early for them to know where they stand regarding discounts so fair enough. They gave me a ball park figure which is the discount I would expect on a car in that price range which was fair enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

vintagevrs wrote:
    I contacted two dealers yesterday. One local and the other the other was Spirt. The local fella took my number and never called me back. The other crowd emailed me a quote....which was just the rrp price for everything I included on my spec plus paint protection....sigh.

They even got the engine wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

In the UK they get three trim levels, ST 1, 2 & 3.

But here it's only ST2 & 3.

From briefly comparing the spec lists it looks like the paddy ST2 = UK ST1, we get cloth recaros in our ST2 vs half leather in UK ST2).

Similarly ST3 here looks like what UK get on ST2, if that is the case they are really only offering ST1 & 2 to ROI market.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general-pistonheads/ford-fiesta-st-from-18-995/37981

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

hooch-85 wrote: »
    In the UK they get three trim levels, ST 1, 2 & 3.

But here it's only ST2 & 3.

From briefly comparing the spec lists it looks like the paddy ST2 = UK ST1, we get cloth recaros in our ST2 vs half leather in UK ST2).

Similarly ST3 here looks like what UK get on ST2, if that is the case they are really only offering ST1 & 2 to ROI market.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general-pistonheads/ford-fiesta-st-from-18-995/37981

No change there then...

Currency conversion and VRT applied, we're paying not far off €2k more for the privilege to own the new ST. :o

I forgot about that actually. :pac:

testicles wrote: »

Thanks for confirming, the spec list on the Irish brochure looked a lot smaller..

So who's buying one or who will be brave enough to order one without driving one first??:D

I'll be selling my Mk7 in the new few weeks I'd say.

I may return down the line in 18/24 months when I've the mortgage/wedding sorted. :o

GavRedKing wrote: »

I may return down the line in 18/24 months when I've the mortgage/wedding sorted. :o

Bought a place last year but I've my wedding in September so any new cars are on hold until after that!

It might be better wait for a while and try get one a year old, see what kind of problems they throw up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No you won't.

• Advertisement

I was interested in this car as a possibility at first glance a few months ago. I knew some on here got great deals on the previous gen ST, and I liked the look of the new Fiesta. I sat in an ST Line one which would have been very similar looks wise. 200bhp, small car, reasonably economical, sounds ok etc etc. Having driven an older car for two years, the warranty of a new car and drive it and not worry about it appealed too.

However, over 30k is too much money for me for what it is. I would prefer to buy something a few years older and get better value. It is too expensive right now. Maybe if they don't shift any the price will get adjusted over time. VW did this a few years back, but tbh I can't see that happening with the FST.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

No you won't.

When the kids have finished college maybe, but the retirement fund will be hoovering everything up by then.

:P

Marriage / kids does not mean the end of having a nice car. Never stopped me anyway! ;)

It feckin stopped me, I tried and got the guilt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Irish specs look very similar to the UK (for once).

I'd definitely be coughing up the extra for an ST3 if I was in the market for one - there's lots of extras I wouldn't do without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Are you gonna sell privately? I think I'd have to trade it in cause the effort of a private sale would be too much stress!
    I'll get another year out of mine I think!

Are you gonna sell privately? I think I'd have to trade it in cause the effort of a private sale would be too much stress!
    I'll get another year out of mine I think!

I'd reckon privately.

I've just been too lazy to take decent pictures and setup an ad on donedeal/carzone etc.

That, or I may sub-consciously not want to sell it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

6.9s to 60 with 180hp? hmm... I would get an astra vxr instead :)

• Advertisement

Looks promising.

Advertisement