Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

There was nearly 8k off the Focus ST in Jan 16 iirc. 5k off the Fiesta.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I only know because my all lad just ordered a new Focus ST, which had €8,750 off the top before he even mentioned his trade-in or started to negotiate. Cracking value, even for a Ford :D
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    There was nearly 8k off the Focus ST in Jan 16 iirc. 5k off the Fiesta.

Correction 9k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Not on today's topic but I just asked the cost of changing my insurance over to a ST.

They won't quote it. If I provide proof of ownership they'd send it to the underwriters. The kicker is I'm 40. Currently insured on a DC2 type r.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Not on today's topic but I just asked the cost of changing my insurance over to a ST.

They won't quote it. If I provide proof of ownership they'd send it to the underwriters. The kicker is I'm 40. Currently insured on a DC2 type r.

Thats unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Insurance companies bug the s**t out of me TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Newer Focus st are nasty to get insured and fiesta st is actually strangely cheap. Lads here were showing off their premiums and they were all in region of 600ish.

I know its different car, but its a newer hot hatch too. Seat ibiza cupra and my quotes were very nasty this year. Liberty had balls to ask me 2700eu!!! Others 1100-1500eu. Keep in mind I am 32 with 9 ncb! Cheapest one I got was from my broker I used last year for 995eu.

Insurance companies just dont like hot hatches, no matter how new or old they are.

We still dont have pricing for new fiesta st here in Ireland?

Ya my insurance went up slightly for last year, 2nd year of ownership in the Fiesta, 31, 9 years NCB and it went from 660 (IIRC) to over 850, changed companies and added herself to the policy to bring it back down to about 670 (IIRC).

Cant wait for July to see what I get quoted with another years older and another year NCB, I'm expecting a hike, it only goes one way. :rolleyes:

No price update on the new Fiesta ST yet.

I'm going to call into CAB tomorrow see if they know anything, although I'm very 50/50 about selling my Mk7 ST at the moemnt and plowing the money into saving hard for the final stages of a mortgage for a few months and coming back to a MK8 down the line.

I just cant pull myself to take the pictures, advertise it and pick something up for 6-12months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Has anybody else had issues with window rattle?

The driver's side is driving me mental, I said it to them at the last service. Naturally they said they'd have a look then did absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Is it expected that when Ford announce the ST in Ireland that they will have all the prices and options online? Is this expected in the next few weeks? I'm guessing all new STs will be 191 at this stage.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Is it expected that when Ford announce the ST in Ireland that they will have all the prices and options online? Is this expected in the next few weeks? I'm guessing all new STs will be 191 at this stage.

Looks that way, maybe a few demo's might be registered in 182. I'm hoping they offer all the buyers of Mk7 ST's a day to test out the Mk8, even though i don't think i'll buy one. I think Ford will have to make their finance a bit more attractive for people to pay €30k+ on a Fiesta.

• Advertisement

Was the mk7 low 20s when they were doing their deals? Looks like the mk8 is a cracking car but the price could be getting a little rich as you say

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Was the mk7 low 20s when they were doing their deals? Looks like the mk8 is a cracking car but the price could be getting a little rich as you say

Yes an ST2 was approx €23.5 ex delivery and depending on colour, Spirit Blue was €950 extra.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Looks that way, maybe a few demo's might be registered in 182. I'm hoping they offer all the buyers of Mk7 ST's a day to test out the Mk8, even though i don't think i'll buy one. I think Ford will have to make their finance a bit more attractive for people to pay €30k+ on a Fiesta.

24h test drive will never happen I think.

Could you be tempted back into one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Why not? Assuming a dealer has one and you're known to him (previous customer, etc), getting one for a few hours or even a night shouldn't be difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yes an ST2 was approx €23.5 ex delivery and depending on colour, Spirit Blue was €950 extra.

When they launched previous model it was 27k ish. So unfortunately I can see new one being 30k ish. Polo gti with price tag of 32k makes me not bring my hopes up that new fiesta st will be below 30k.

When they launched previous model it was 27k ish. So unfortunately I can see new one being 30k ish. Polo gti with price tag of 32k makes me not bring my hopes up that new fiesta st will be below 30k.

Totally, can't see them being any less than 30k

Totally, can't see them being any less than 30k

On the flip side, if you were trading in your current ST, the higher price of the new one should help “artificially” improve their valuation of your car. So the cost-to-change shouldn’t vary that much in theory.

Haha, your fond of your man maths Joe.

Was just having a look at the new Polo GTi on the VW site, after adding a few options to it, you're talking roughly €35k.

You'd get a nearly new Golf GTi for that money. :o

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was just having a look at the new Polo GTi on the VW site, after adding a few options to it, you're talking roughly €35k.

You'd get a nearly new Golf GTi for that money. :o

A new Leon Cupra 300 starts at 36k. Could be tempted by one of those next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

Whats the appeal of a fiest ST over a focus ST, does it purely come down to price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Of the last iterations of each the Fiesta was supposed to be better to drive.

I'm not sure how much that swings a potential customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    You would, but you'd be adding a few extras to the Golf GTI too, in which case you'd nearly get a new Golf R for that money.....

Yeah... you could make the “sure you could get X for that money” argument for any car. Spend 55-60k on a Golf R / Focus RS and people will say “sure you could get a used RS3 or an M4 for that...”.

It’s all about personal choice. Some might put a high value on the new car smell, the 182 plate and the attractive finance on a brand new car.

The price differential between one model and another may seem small but you need to compare like with like. While a new Polo with a couple of options ticked might be closing in on 35k, a new Golf GTI is now closing in on 50k... so the actual gap is bigger than you might think!

That said, I would have a slightly used larger equivalent over a new Fiesta/Polo every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Whats the appeal of a fiest ST over a focus ST, does it purely come down to price?

If your talking about the current generation of both then the Fiesta is universally seen as a more accomplished car than the Focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

bazz26 wrote: »
    If your talking about the current generation of both then the Fiesta is universally seen as a more accomplished car than the Focus.

I've never even seen a current generation Fiesta, and the old one is ancient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've never even seen a current generation Fiesta, and the old one is ancient.

I'm referring to the last model Fiesta ST irrespective of sage, gets better reviews than the current Focus ST. The new Fiesta ST I don't even think is gone on sale yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

2 hot hatches but quite different in character. Both are quick but the Focus is bigger and heavier. It doesn't handle in as involving way as its smaller brother. The Fiesta ST is a brilliant small car and a future classic.

Advertisement