Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Chefjom wrote: »
    Ya I think 225 bhp is enough for it anyway. think it will be grand just reassuring to hear another opinion!

Who's the remap with? I sincerely doubt you will get 225 bhp with just a remap.

The quality of our fuel here is desperately bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chefjom

I was thinking it was ambitious as well but it's dynod before and after. it's jtk remapping dungaravan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I would imagine they will be expecting you to be on octane boosters for that figure, but sure see what they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not doubting the place in Dungarvan but if it was me, I'd have more peace of mind if I went with Revo, Collins, Mountune, Peron.

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »

Part of the reason I didnt go with an Ibiza Cupra back when i got the ST is the interior, I just didnt like the look of it at all.

It price point, I think it was roughly 24/25k, was pretty cheap compared to the Ford but with the Ford discounts, it was a no brainer going for the ST, I also think the old Fiesta is a better looking car than the old Cupra but thats subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I'm still hmmming over ordering one of these. Bit of a shadow of concern though are the potential deals that Ford might do in a year or two like they did before which would hurt resale value. Crystal ball stuff though knowing what's gonna happen in the future. Currently driving an older car that needs little bits and pieces done which is pissing me off a little. Silly stuff like topping up fluids etc. I just can't be arsed with it anymore.

To be honest, I would not buy brand new model just released. Its like beta testing car, that you payed more for privilege of being one of the first ones.
    I would personally wait at least a year or two for model to mature. There will be issues that they will have to fix when its properly tested in real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Limbo123

Chefjom wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering has anyone got their car remapped. Getting my one done next week to 225bhp and 50 extra nm. Bit nervous about reliability act though.
    Been running CP2 from Collins For the last year and a half. No issues. Totally transforms it.
    They currently have a sale on for their iflash and their customer service is spot on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

To be honest, I would not buy brand new model just released. Its like beta testing car, that you payed more for privilege of being one of the first ones. I would personally wait at least a year or two for model to mature. There will be issues that they will have to fix when its properly tested in real world.

That's right. Nobody buys a new model ever.

I can second Collins CP2, great map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Limbo123 wrote: »
    Been running CP2 from Collins For the last year and a half. No issues. Totally transforms it.
    They currently have a sale on for their iflash and their customer service is spot on.

Do Collins have someone in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

That's right. Nobody buys a new model ever.

Jaysus lol,

He's making a fair point about being an early adopter, that applies to a lot of stuff.

For a new car I wouldn't be overly concerned about it as it's all covered under warranty. In fairness though I'd be pretty pissed had I bought a focus RS with the head gasket issue, even with engine replacement sorted by Ford it would put a bad taste on the experience.

Still weighing it up in my head though. A 4 door 2l diesel is probably the sensible option. I think the fiesta though could be half justified as being somewhat sensible in 5 door. And it makes the right noises to have some fun in.

PCeeeee wrote: »
    Do Collins have someone in Ireland?

They send you the software and a OBD device to load the map yourself. Process is you read the original map off the ECU, email it on to Collins, they tweak the map to suit your car and email it back to you, and upload it to your car, the map is encrypted to your car only.

You can reflash the standard map to the car whenever you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

They send you the software and a OBD device to load the map yourself. Process is you read the original map off the ECU, email it on to Collins, they tweak the map to suit your car and email it back to you, and upload it to your car, the map is encrypted to your car only.

Can you swap back to the original then?

Can you swap back to the original then?

Yup. Switching between the maps takes 2 minutes

Tempting

Tempting

It's the only map you can really run on a totally standard car. It will also adapt to adds on like intercooler, catback and induction kit without needing to be updated so you can buy these at a later date.

Very useable for everyday driving without being aggressive like some other remaps out on the market.

How does it affect fuel consumption?

No noticable difference for me

• Advertisement

Sounds v v good. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

It's the only map you can really run on a totally standard car.

I usually don’t comment on software posts because people will think I have a vested interest as a Revo dealer but this is just incorrect. There are numerous software packages available that are designed to work with an otherwise standard car. A good custom map by a reputable tuner will also be fine on a standard car. Also on your other point about the map adapting, all maps (even the stock Ford map) will “adapt” to a certain extent with other mods. This it not a unique feature of the Collins software.

I understand that Collins provides one product that covers standard cars all the way up to Stage 2 spec cars. So effectively they aren’t specifically tuning for either. Adaptions will only go so far, so they are either pushing stock too hard or not getting the most out of the hardware. I suspect it’s the latter rather than the former but the fact is you can't have both. Compare with Revo where Stage 1 is designed for a standard car. Then add the hardware and pay the upgrade fee and you get software that is designed and calibrated for a car with the hardware mods.

As far as I can see the main perk of the Collins system is the ability for the end user to switch between the Collins file and the Ford file whenever they want, rather than having to go back to the tuner to have the stock file flashed on. But I would imagine that this DIY approach is a bit of a double edged sword as many people wouldn’t be comfortable doing this on their own car.

What price is the Collins software just out of interest?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What effect on premium did these mods make? I think the FST is plenty quick enough in stock form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

What effect on premium did these mods make? I think the FST is plenty quick enough in stock form.

I think we can safely assume that in the vast majority of cases the mods have €0.00 affect on premiums.....

I think we can safely assume that in the vast majority of cases the mods have €0.00 affect on premiums.....

Through happy acceptance on the part of the insurer, or non disclosure?

My insurance is up in June and a few websites I was browsing for quotes gave options from ST1's right up to an ST200 and even the ST1/2/3 upgraded 215 as an option.

I checked one site, I think AIG, with a "normal" ST2 and an upgraded ST215 and the difference was about €7, now, i didnt do it for every website as every insurer would be different but some places have the option to declare the maps.

Just as an FYI, my insurance renewal with my current insurer (25 plus.ie) was €720, slightly up from last year.

I've got quotes over €1.5k and most places were €700-900.

AIG were €609 and FBD were by far the cheapest a €496.

Full license: 10 years
    NCB: 11 years
    No points or claims for windscreen damage.

......... and drive one at least..........

Indeed ..........with special / hot hatch type cars ones expectations can be higher. Im in a VRS diesel Octavia this week and was delighted when I saw it, was full sure I'd love it. Was always a car I'd have had on the ole pick up a 3 yar old one and be happy out with the purchase.

Not at all gone on it. I'm surprised, truly.

I test drove a Kia Sorento a couple of weeks back and was really impressed. So I'm not overly fussy like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It's probably wise to declare the map, particularly if you're a bit risk averse (I'd say most of us are) and most especially if you have a lot of finance tied up in the car.

That said - the chances of some insurance assessor with a clipboard having any iota of a clue that a crashed car's been modified? I would say close to nil, particularly if the mod is not staring back at him (i.e. obvious aftermarket wheels/bodykit). But thats just my own hunch, going by my own prior experience with insurance assessors. So... you may well take your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Augeo wrote: »
    Im in a VRS diesel Octavia this week and was delighted when I saw it, was full sure I'd love it. Was always a car I'd have had on the ole pick up a 3 yar old one and be happy out with the purchase.

Not at all gone on it. I'm surprised, truly.

I bought one back in October - but it is only a warm family diesel, not any kind of Hot anything.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    It's probably wise to declare the map, particularly if you're a bit risk averse (I'd say most of us are) and most especially if you have a lot of finance tied up in the car.

That said - the chances of some insurance assessor with a clipboard having any iota of a clue that a crashed car's been modified? I would say close to nil, particularly if the mod is not staring back at him (i.e. obvious aftermarket wheels/bodykit). But thats just my own hunch, going by my own prior experience with insurance assessors. So... you may well take your chances.

Ya, for the Fiesta, unless you fit an aftermarket air intake with a cone in it, you shouldnt be able to tell the car is mapped if you looked under the bonnet, short of putting it on a dyno.

Worse case scenario, you could flash the car back to stock with the handheld device too but as long as your car isnt heavily or obviously modified, I'd wager you'd get away with it but it would be a call I'd make on an individual basis and not something I'd advise anyone else on.

Advertisement