Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Done all the above. No joy.
    Will they text me to say plan is active or should I top up by E20 now?

Text BAL to 50233. If your offer is active, that'll tell you how much data you have and its expiry date. If your offer is inactive, it'll only tell you your cash balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭tdonegan1990

Quackster wrote: »
    Text BAL to 50233. If your offer is active, that'll tell you how much data you have and its expiry date. If your offer is inactive, it'll only tell you your cash balance.

Texted that number and got no reply. Pretty sure on their system my number is still linked to my old bill pay plan.
    Anyway. The 72 hours it can take for plan to become active would that include Saturday and Sunday or will the activation process be starting from Monday onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone know if the free minutes they give before the offer is active how long it lasts? It last until it finishes or a month?
    I've still got 188minutes left as I barely call :p
    Be great if it lasts till it finishes,I'd be sorted for months. :P

honda boi wrote: »
    Anyone know if the free minutes they give before the offer is active how long it lasts? It last until it finishes or a month?

If the minutes have an expiry date, it will be stated in the App or by texting BAL to 50233. If they don't have an expiry, no expiry date will be mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's 28 or 30 days. Says it in the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Quackster wrote: »
    If the minutes have an expiry date, it will be stated in the App or by texting BAL to 50233. If they don't have an expiry, no expiry date will be mentioned.

Thanks quackster.
    Doesn't give any days on the app only 'not available right now' under the network calls

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

I tried the 1800 number , but the sales rep told me it could only be done in store or online. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

Thanks quackster.
    Doesn't give any days on the app only 'not available right now' under the network calls

They should last indefinitely so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

My free minutes disappeared when they gave me the free €20 top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Pm sent

Hi - is there a special number to call or some shortcut way to get this deal and bonus please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Seapoint wrote: »
    Hi - is there a special number to call or some shortcut way to get this deal and bonus please?

Go back a few pages

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Go back a few pages

Thanks to OP

I just signed up with no hassle:
    Dialled 1800 59 55 95‬ and press 2
    Asked for 'Data User plan'

Go back a few pages

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Just a question and apologies if it has been answered. Is the 100 minutes for €5 or unlimited for €15 to any Irish network or Vodafone only? This sounds like a good deal and think I'll leave 3's all you can eat plan is I don't think I'll go over 15gb and I can imagine network is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

henke wrote: »
    Just a question and apologies if it has been answered. Is the 100 minutes for €5 or unlimited for €15 to any Irish network or Vodafone only? This sounds like a good deal and think I'll leave 3's all you can eat plan is I don't think I'll go over 15gb and I can imagine network is better.

The add on you select is any network and landline not just Vodafone

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    The add on you select is any network and landline not just Vodafone

Excellent thanks.

How long where most peoples wait time before the offer became activated? Was it the full 72 hours or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

How long where most peoples wait time before the offer became activated? Was it the full 72 hours or more?

wife 2 days.
    me 27 days and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

pelemcg wrote: »
    I tried the 1800 number , but the sales rep told me it could only be done in store or online. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

ring back and get talking to some one else.

I'd say about a quarter of the people in vodafone I've spoken to thought it couldn't be done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

donegal. wrote: »
    ring back and get talking to some one else.

I'd say about a quarter of the people in vodafone I've spoken to thought it couldn't be done over the phone.
    Thanks, rang again at lunchtime and this time "Eileen" will call me back.. Still waiting. Will keep going as it's the best offer.

wife 2 days.
    me 27 days and counting

Me 3 days

• Advertisement

wife 2 days.
    me 27 days and counting

3 days for me Fein

wife 2 days.
    me 27 days and counting

27 days, that's horrific!
    How did your wife know her plan had activated? Did she top up to do it or did she recieve a text or call from VF?

pelemcg wrote: »
    Thanks, rang again at lunchtime and this time "Eileen" will call me back.. Still waiting. Will keep going as it's the best offer.

Ring until you're sorted,I did,met 2/3 who hadn't a clue,struck it lucky then,keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Ring until you're sorted,I did,met 2/3 who hadn't a clue,struck it lucky then,keep going

I had to ring 4 or 5 times to port my first number - was at point of giving up. I ported 2 more numbers since and struck it lucky the first time with both when I got speaking to the NI sales person after I pressed 2 for Sales.

leex wrote: »
    I had to ring 4 or 5 times to port my first number - was at point of giving up. I ported 2 more numbers since and struck it lucky the first time with both when I got speaking to the NI sales person after I pressed 2 for Sales.

And how long leex did the two other numbers take to become active with the offer?
    I ported on Friday at around 5pm and still my plan isn't active. Is this a normal wait time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

And how long leex did the two other numbers take to become active with the offer?
    I ported on Friday at around 5pm and still my plan isn't active. Is this a normal wait time?

I will answer here, reading this thread it seems it is pot of luck getting the right sales guy.

In my experience, 2 number ported took exactly 48 hours to offer become active after port was completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

2-3 days on average.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

deep1 wrote: »
    I will answer here, reading this thread it seems it is pot of luck getting the right sales guy.

In my experience, 2 number ported took exactly 48 hours to offer become active after port was completed.

Absolutely 100%.

Ordered yesterday and SIM came this morning. Ported over there a short while ago. Seems to be no credit and cannot call voicemail or 1747 and cannot text 50223. Is that normal initially? Also can't seem to sign up to the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭dodzy

henke wrote: »
    Ordered yesterday and SIM came this morning. Ported over there a short while ago. Seems to be no credit and cannot call voicemail or 1747 and cannot text 50223. Is that normal initially? Also can't seem to sign up to the app.
    24hr turnaround? That must be a record. Anyway, you could be down for up to 24hrs. VF said to expect this as a worst case scenario.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement