Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Reckon it'll last till Loosey (3 kids later) gets her new tv show "Even more living with Lucy"....then she'll be gone....Cant see Hayes taking in a male presenter, he'd have nowone to bully...any man would love to slap him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Reckon it'll last till Loosey (3 kids later) gets her new tv show "Even more living with Lucy"....then she'll be gone....Cant see Hayes taking in a male presenter, he'd have nowone to bully...any man would love to slap him...

Paddy Courtney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Paddy Courtney?

Paddy would slap him, over and under...

Kamili wrote: »

I'd say he'd love to slap Hayes.....break every pane of glass in his fat face....:D

Kamili wrote: »

No I'm talking about the comedian Paddy Courtney, as supposed to drivetime presenter Pat Courtenay (with an A).

• Advertisement

No I'm talking about the comedian Paddy Courtney, as supposed to drivetime presenter Pat Courtenay (with an A).

Neither are funny imo....:p

appletara wrote: »
    So how long do you all think this show will last? I’m still annoyed about it- good god how can anyone think that Colm Hayes is even vaguely entertaining. I got used to marty in morns- fairly natural , Dee grand on her own show when Not talking babies etc , Ruth Scott annoying at first but played some ok tunes. Next question ? What to listen to now in mornings? No fancy radios in my car - anything even halfway decent will do once I don’t have to listen to that pair again
    Don't think it will last very long. Think it would work better if Colm was on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Don't think it will last very long. Think it would work better if Colm was on his own.

What! on his own! then who is he gonna call Pinocchio and bully?
    NAH that will never catch on!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭superdog

In a soundproof box maybe.

Sounds like you're getting sucked in there Mikey.....:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Absolutely dire show. Listened to it for the past two weeks and honestly don't know what they are aiming to do with it. Bland conversation, inane sh*t talk about trivial topics that go nowhere, and LK has brought her kid on to do a segment that involves describing some person with lip gloss and boobies!! That was the nadir for me..... so.......I'm out. Shame too as I found Conor and Marty to be bearable in the mornings on my way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 appletara

Yeah didn't listen this morning, heard some 'Little Holly' bit yesterday morning, not quite sure what it was, some obnoxious recordings of a kid telling you you got the answer wrong - that was me out! . Following the well worn pattern that Colm brings to radio, jingles, the prank phone calls, they'll be calling themselves CoCo and LuLu next and neither seems to have any clue about music. Truly a dire state of affairs.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Are people still listening to this shíte?

It seems so............afraid they'll miss something...:p

I cant comment .!!....i just dont listen...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

I heard some of this tripe before 9 this morning. They played that riptide song from 2 or 3 years ago. Ed sheeran can't be far off now if this is what they're playing

Are the really sticking with this show......sorry fiasco...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lots of Eurovision chatter yest morning.
    It really is just another mainstream bantz station.
    Can't wait to see how the next JNLRs do.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jucko

i believe i heard little weather last week, this is sad.
    also whats this little holly craic....
    WHY ARE YOU HAVING YOUR KIDS ON YOUR S''''TE RADIO SHOW??
    it just makes it worse, if thats possible.
    the absolute worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not made listen but had no alternative this morning flicked around. Just decided I'll stay here give them a listen.

Jaysus the stings at the breaks.
    They live 3miles apart
    They have 5 kids between them
    They worked together 6years ago

As for the kid competition thing jaysus Stop lads it's not funny. Its obnoxious.
    Music is so much lighter.

Bring back Dee and Marty and the phone the boss I'll be late at least you could have any music on at that.

Better yet Bring back the quality music with a 5second talking in between songs just perfect.
    Was in Par Courtney on in the morning around 2012ish?

I'm sorry I can't get on board with this show.

coolisin wrote: »

I'm sorry I can't get on board with this show.

Luv it..I see what ya did there....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

coolisin wrote: »
    Par Courtney on in the morning around 2012ish?

That's correct. Pat Courtenay hosted Nova Breakfast from the station's launch in 2010 until he moved to Nova Drive in 2013 (he continues to host Nova Drive to this day).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 appletara

I admit I was still popping in for 10 minutes here and there this week in the hope that i'll tune in one morning and they'll be gone, banished to the basement of Nova - alas not yet! . Yesterdays highlight was the star gossip section and we got to hear all about Rihanna and Katy Perry having a fight....... I don't think i'll be popping in to listen anymore. Not only that but they haven't a clue about music, at least with the other pair you'd get the odd little bit of music trivia thrown in along with some pretty decent tunes. Loooocy literally hasn't a bulls notion about music and Colm doesn't like anything that drowns out his own voice. Wasn't aware that the obnoxious sounding kid was his..... figures!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

appletara wrote: »
    I admit I was still popping in for 10 minutes here and there this week in the hope that i'll tune in one morning and they'll be gone, banished to the basement of Nova - alas not yet! . Yesterdays highlight was the star gossip section and we got to hear all about Rihanna and Katy Perry having a fight....... I don't think i'll be popping in to listen anymore. Not only that but they haven't a clue about music, at least with the other pair you'd get the odd little bit of music trivia thrown in along with some pretty decent tunes. Loooocy literally hasn't a bulls notion about music and Colm doesn't like anything that drowns out his own voice. Wasn't aware that the obnoxious sounding kid was his..... figures!

isnt that what all the other "hip & trendy younger peoples" stations go on about???? plus the fight was probably quotes from each one in a "celebrity gossip" website and not a proper rock n roll punching the heads off each other old school fight

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

neris wrote: »
    isnt that what all the other "hip & trendy younger peoples" stations go on about???? plus the fight was probably quotes from each one in a "celebrity gossip" website and not a proper rock n roll punching the heads off each other old school fight

Is this not the case for almost all niche music stations available on the air.

Sunshine FM has become easy listening ditching the country twang.
    4fm left the 50s and 60s a few years back
    would TXFM just become less and less about alternative rock?
    They have pretty much all followed Q102

Elmo wrote: »
    Is this not the case for almost all niche music stations available on the air.

Sunshine FM has become easy listening ditching the country twang.
    4fm left the 50s and 60s a few years back
    would TXFM just become less and less about alternative rock?
    They have pretty much all followed Q102

Theyre killing radio imo...they all started off with their "fresh approach" to music, after a while they all just morphed into the same boring gossip and chat ridden lump that is irish radio...The game is about stealing listeners from the others which is where Nova are going , hence the morning show gossip sh1te...radio is dead..long live radio...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭jucko

goig a bit off topic, but my new station played hawkwind "silver machine" just after the 1o'c news. thanks colm and jim jim, if it wasnt for yiz :)

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Funny that 2 people like it.
    I never knew Lucy and Colm were on boards.ie

:pac:

Good one mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Heading into town early this morning and had it on at 6.30.... is the first hour pre-recorded "best of" from the previous day, WTF?

If Lucy would shut her hole about her kids for 5mins it would make a big difference,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Not me. I haven't listened to NOVA in the morning since a week or so after they started. I've inadvertently discovered that being gently woken by Lyric Through The Night's classical tunes is a lovely way to start the day. My radio alarm was previously set on NOVA but I had to find something else when Colm & Lucy took over. I've become quite fond of feeling like I'm in an episode of Inspector Morse for that first half an hour of the day.

I now play CDs in the kitchen, while preparing breakfast and getting ready for work, instead of listening to radio NOVA. That's been quite enjoyable too except for the discovery that many of my previously neglected CDs are scratched. :(

In a way, Colm & Lucy have been a positive force in my life. Such was the need to find an alternative to their mulch, I've reinvented my mornings. Now each day, my return to the world of being awake is gentle & peaceful and my breakfast preparations are energetic and full voiced (that'd be me - singing along)....well, until the CD gets stuck I'm singing along. By the time I'm ready to leave the house, I've been soothed & then energised. Mornings never felt so good :)

Advertisement