Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I know I keep saying it, but I am really getting sick of the promotion of the morning slot on other decent DJs shows with the blinking adverts for it. The latests one is Colm asking some woman who rang in saying she is in the middle of being waxed, what part she is getting waxed.

What a dirty perv... sorry.

Its not funny and its disgusting. How is that going to make someone want to listen to the C&L show in the mornings?

For the short time I do actually listen to Nova, these Morning show adverts are putting me right off the station as a whole. I may change altogether now if that keeps up.

Get over that Morning show Nova and get rid of it, its juvenile, egotistical, and not one bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I started listening to Sean Keavney on 6music....funny fcuker and good tunes...nothing forced, he was actually slagging the royal wedding last week..

Hayes is a washed out has-been..let Larry Gogan have a go..and Loosey ,heres yer P45......:p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Kamili wrote: »
    I know I keep saying it, but I am really getting sick of the promotion of the morning slot on other decent DJs shows with the blinking adverts for it. The latests one is Colm asking some woman who rang in saying she is in the middle of being waxed, what part she is getting waxed.

What a dirty perv... sorry.

The previous promo had Colm implying that Calum Best had a 12 inch c*ck. This is proper car-crash stuff now.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    The previous promo had Colm implying that Calum Best had a 12 inch c*ck. This is proper car-crash stuff now.

yeah I heard that one too. not appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I think I saw Calum on some CBBC show the other year, performing some rap song? I don't know if it was ever released as a single. It was about three or four years ago.

• Advertisement

Yeah i heard that during PD shows.....Sounded like Hayes was drooling in a pervy dreamy type of scenario..like Homer with doughnuts.....:p

Yeah i heard that during PD shows.....Sounded like Hayes was drooling in a pervy dreamy type of scenario..like Homer with doughnuts.....:p

Mmmm, donuts.

Mmmm, donuts.

Hayes.. is that you?

Hayes.. is that you?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the show is actually horrible to listen too, it's a horrific experience, and that's something that may be a little problem in something like radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

like Homer with doughnuts.....:p

Don't mention my name in the same breath as those two dunces! :D

Hayes.. is that you?

No..Hayes is more "who ate all the pies...."....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Homer wrote: »
    Don't mention my name in the same breath as those two dunces! :D

I take offence to that remark. On behalf of dunces everywhere, we have never been so insulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Is it still going? I'm shocked.

Although I suppose the better question would be "is there no end to Hayes' hubris?"

How soon can they pull those two without losing more credibility than they have already lost by putting them on air? Their chat is annoying and banal. They play some truly crap music. The only time I listen to nova in the morning is when I'm channel hopping, and they have a decent tune on. Then those two banal twats start up, and I'm gone.

It's time for phoenix to come back. They'd probably get about 80% of nova's morning listeners.

seagull wrote: »
    How soon can they pull those two without losing more credibility than they have already lost by putting them on air? Their chat is annoying and banal. They play some truly crap music. The only time I listen to nova in the morning is when I'm channel hopping, and they have a decent tune on. Then those two banal twats start up, and I'm gone.

It's time for phoenix to come back. They'd probably get about 80% of nova's morning listeners.

Can't say I know what Phoenix is.

seagull wrote: »

do you mean Phantom?

do you mean Phantom?

It will be the new Phantom...rising from the TXFM ashes......hope so...;)

I love their persistance with their promos...Home of the new colm and lucy show....its like theyre proud of it..........bit like the runt of the litter...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I haven't read this thread so am giving an unbiased opinion but I heard this show for the first time over the last fortnight a few mornings, Christ it's brutal. Lucy is barely audible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I guess the rock format didn't work somehow.

Without naming names for privacy etc I spoke to someone working there recently who said that a lot of marketing focus group work was done that led them to move away from the classic rock Planet Rock format. He/she told me they want to focus now on late 30 somethings who are getting married but who might have been at EP ten years ago.

Personally I don't think it's working.

• Advertisement

Without naming names for privacy etc I spoke to someone working there recently who said that a lot of marketing focus group work was done that led them to move away from the classic rock Planet Rock format. He/she told me they want to focus now on late 30 somethings who are getting married but who might have been at EP ten years ago.

That sounds like a station I want no part of.

Wow....it must have been the cleaner you were talking to...:p

Comparing themselves to Planet Rock, a hugely successful and professionally run radio station...ya have to laugh...:D

As a rock station its an embarrassment but for the people i've mentioned once or twice...:pac:

They cant say theyre targeting 30 somethings and then play so much 80's stuff a la Dee woods/John Clark show...they dont know where theyre at..its all just a mess...sometimes i think Hayes was brought in to sink the ship ...but his own hot air buoyancy is just keeping it afloat..:)

So they hire two 50somethings for the breakfast show

So they hire two 50somethings for the breakfast show

Lucy is in her 40s.

I get the impression Hayes was happy to pi$$ on the original nova fan base. They should have gradually changed instead of imposing him on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I think that's what bugs me the most is the slagging off the very thing they become not less then few weeks after the F*&$ing ads had played. The whole 'Don't come here for that low brow celeb gossip or wafflehouse chat bot style crapology, oh no sir, don't come here'.... and then two weeks later: 'Here's our new unsharpened tools with all the pointless celeb goss and chat-bot DJ dribble you'll ever need!

GRRR :o You dumped the loyal listens in a hotshot while slagging off the very thing you would become days after... F$%K right off the air NOva, I hope the next few JNLR's teach you a valuable lessen about S^&%%ing on your own doorstep...

Lucy is in her 40s.

She's not in her 30's............;)

It will be the new Phantom...rising from the TXFM ashes......hope so...;)

That would be correct. I put the two former names together (badly), and hoped they'd rise like a bright new star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

She's not in her 30's............;)

Fine wan when she was though !

• Advertisement

Fine wan when she was though !

So was Hayes...........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D X 10

Advertisement