Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Why is it relevant what car I drive? Pointless survey if I'm honest. Questions have very little to do with Nova

Kamili wrote: »
    Why is it relevant what car I drive? Pointless survey if I'm honest. Questions have very little to do with Nova

Yeah wondered about that one myself.

The rest is all reasonably geared towards Nova and general radio interests in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Jesus, that list of breakfast radio shows made me shiver. It is obviously not just Nova that has awful breakfast radio.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be very surprised if a majority of people like to listen to fake 'banter' first thing in the morning. I just want the news headlines, weather, traffic updates, and music.

No fake banter, no attempts at humour, no competitions. Keep it simple!

BaronVon wrote: »
    Jesus, that list of breakfast radio shows made me shiver. It is obviously not just Nova that has awful breakfast radio.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be very surprised if a majority of people like to listen to fake 'banter' first thing in the morning. I just want the news headlines, weather, traffic updates, and music.

No fake banter, no attempts at humour, no competitions. Keep it simple!

Ah I don't know, I enjoy a bit of a laugh in the morning. The problem is when it becomes very forced. I enjoy it when it's more casual humour and less rehearsed.. which is a very difficult thing to portray to a listening audience, I'm sure.

I find with Colm and Lucy, for example, that colm will have some funny remarks, can be a bit witty, etc. but Lucy has the kind of humour that takes a funny remark and kills it. A blackhole for comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

"Personally what I’ve loved more than the music is the listeners"

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I wasn't aware that the PM and Jim show was "award winning".....so that's what it's all about for Nova then...
    When are they going to admit or realise that its not the shows or what they call them.....it's the presenters that are the issue...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that's a big step up yes? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

god's toy wrote: »

I feel sorry for the classic hits listeners having to endure those 2. I'll follow PJ and Jim over to Nova breakfast but feel they've been hard done by with loosing their national audience.
    What hold does Hayes have on management that they think he's the saviour of stations. He'll ruin calssic hits in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

prunudo wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the classic hits listeners having to endure those 2. I'll follow PJ and Jim over to Nova breakfast but feel they've been hard done by with loosing their national audience.
    What hold does Hayes have on management that they think he's the saviour of stations. He'll ruin calssic hits in no time.

Yep, although Nova was on a bit of a free fall when they decided to introduced morning shows into their system anyway, as just playing good music in the morning was always a better idea... but it certainly did not improve things when those two idiots came on... so if anything I am pleased that they are moving off Nova now so I can start listening once more to Nova! Even their promos they were played 1000 times a day bothered the bejeezus out of me to the point I stopped listening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ah I don't know, I enjoy a bit of a laugh in the morning. The problem is when it becomes very forced. I enjoy it when it's more casual humour and less rehearsed.. which is a very difficult thing to portray to a listening audience, I'm sure.

100% this, a little bit of light hearted in the morning if two presenters are having natural banter not forced bringing a thing along for everyone to talk about, Text in now with your story of a funny breakfast etc etc.
    Leave out the heavy heavy news, but music is first for me.
    I loved when it was Pat in the morning (could be wrong on the presenter) on nova. It was simple recipe, but I guess it didnt pull the big adverts for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

coolisin wrote: »
    100% this, a little bit of light hearted in the morning if two presenters are having natural banter not forced bringing a thing along for everyone to talk about, Text in now with your story of a funny breakfast etc etc.
    Leave out the heavy heavy news, but music is first for me.
    I loved when it was Pat in the morning (could be wrong on the presenter) on nova. It was simple recipe, but I guess it didnt pull the big adverts for them.

That was Pat Courtenay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Not going to lie I think PJ Gallagher will connect better to more working class Dublin listeners than Lucy Kennedy ever did.

Not going to lie I think PJ Gallagher will connect better to more working class Dublin listeners than Lucy Kennedy ever did.

Looking forward to it

Anything is better then Lucy and your man in the morning, dreadful radio. She is particularly bad.
    Even though, Nova has got very bad, some to the music is horrendous. They much be trying to lose their audience

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Don’t mean this in a bad way or to sound like a stupid question but for which duo do you think got a promotion/demotion? Are both channels owned by the same company? Thanks

whodafunk wrote: »
    Don’t mean this in a bad way or to sound like a stupid question but for which duo do you think got a promotion/demotion? Are both channels owned by the same company? Thanks

A lateral move :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

I think the biggest loosers will be the Classic hits listeners and the biggest winners will be the Nova listeners. In saying that, while I think PJJ will be good on Nova, they are a better fit for Classic hits and their playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lucy and Colm got the promotion from a national point of view as Classic Hits is the Multicity channel, while JP and Jim have been demoted to local radio!

Does this mean that the change won't be able to be measured from a JNRL basis.

You'll have JP and Jim gaining an audience on the one hand, with the broadcaster boasting about it.

on the other Lucy and Colm losing an audience and the broadcast saying well really its early days and you really can't compare to two figures.

or visaversa.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭KReid

Elmo wrote: »
    Lucy and Colm got the promotion from a national point of view as Classic Hits is the Multicity channel, while JP and Jim have been demoted to local radio!

Does this mean that the change won't be able to be measured from a JNRL basis.

You'll have JP and Jim gaining an audience on the one hand, with the broadcaster boasting about it.

on the other Lucy and Colm losing an audience and the broadcast saying well really its early days and you really can't compare to two figures.

or visaversa.

Nova is Dublin and commuter belts, so it covers a fair whack of Leinster in terms of population (bizarre license IMO) so ye it's probably a demotion.

It all seems like changes for changes sake within the company, new management making lots of changes to Classic Hits from the station name to the music formatting it seems.

In terms of audience, I don't think there's been a JNLR book in a year? So even if the next one is in the summer it would be another year before anyone could say if the audience has moved or stayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

dunno if this has been mentioned, but what's up with lucy's voice, it seems 'off'. always uncanny valley the odd time I hear it in the car. did she have cheek fillers or something that affected her voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I just find her very annoying.

Bring back pj and Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Jaysus those 2 'lads' on the Nova breakfast show are toe curling cringey ...

Pj and some other lad, i have tried to listen a few times, but have given up quite quickly ...

I now put on Spotify between Ian Dempsey and Marty Miller.

I gave up on Dermot and (guffawing)Dave , they arent funny anymore....

Although Dave thinks Dermot is THE funniest man in the world...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The "other lad" is Jim McCabe. They were swapped with Colm and Lucy, i.e. Classic Hits and Radio Nova. Just in case people are confused, Ian Dempsey is on around the same time on Today FM, and Marty Miller follows PJ (Gallagher) and Jim on Radio Nova.

Bringing it back on topic, I wonder how long will Colm and Lucy continue presenting the breakfast show on Classic Hits.

Advertisement