Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm and Lucy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ive given up on Nova now in the morning and switched to Newstalk :eek:

I just cant take any more of that breakfast show. Its just inane nonsense with little music played.

Its just awful and makes Marty and Conors show look like award winning stuff in comparison.

I still re-tune for Pat in the evenings on the way home. As annoying as he can be with all his bells and whistles and all that, you know he still cares about and loves music and thats enough for me to look past any little irritants with him. He plays some gems occasionally too.

I cant believe how bad that breakfast show is though and how little music they actually play, never mind the quality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I tuned in this morning on the way to work purely for a masochistic laugh, first thing I heard was Colm Hayes waxing lyrical about the merits of Preparation H.

He's gonna need it when they see the JNLRs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

It goes to show how bad Irish music radio is...theres just nothing to choose between them..the tunes Nova plays can probably be heard on other stations throughout the day...its just the same old same old crud, its the likes if Hayes thats to blame imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

it's pretty awful.

I thought it might at least be a half decent alternative to TXFM after it was (sadly) taken off, instead I just plug the phone in and listen to a mix or BBC Radio 6 and Radio 8.

Cina wrote: »
    it's pretty awful.

I thought it might at least be a half decent alternative to TXFM after it was (sadly) taken off, instead I just plug the phone in and listen to a mix or BBC Radio 6 and Radio 8.

Its all we can do till 8radio gets up and running on FM.....imagine a world without radio apps......:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Wow this morning was Colm playing TV themes he liked as a kid and a cookery segment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

adox wrote: »
    Ive given up on Nova now in the morning and switched to Newstalk :eek:

I just cant take any more of that breakfast show. Its just inane nonsense with little music played.

Its just awful and makes Marty and Conors show look like award winning stuff in comparison.

I still re-tune for Pat in the evenings on the way home. As annoying as he can be with all his bells and whistles and all that, you know he still cares about and loves music and thats enough for me to look past any little irritants with him. He plays some gems occasionally too.

I cant believe how bad that breakfast show is though and how little music they actually play, never mind the quality of it.

I had an MRI last week (started 8.50am) and they offered me a radio station to listen to distract from the sound. I chose Nova.

26 minutes MRI, TWO songs!!!! Not nearly good enough!

I had an MRI last week (started 8.50am) and they offered me a radio station to listen to distract from the sound. I chose Nova.

26 minutes MRI, TWO songs!!!! Not nearly good enough!

I'll have the humm of the MRI please...all day long....:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I'll have the humm of the MRI please...all day long....:)

Was about to ask the radiographer to turn down the radio!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

I think I'd even take spin over the Colm and Lucy show. At least that's just crap music, rather than banal drivel, some dodgy music, and the rare decent song.

I was thinking this morning that having a root canal done was less unpleasant than having to listen to those 2. Then I was trying to decide whether the root canal would still be the less unpleasant option if done without anaesthetic.

• Advertisement

Typical Nova listeners..........

"Right you horrible lot...its time for the Colm and Lucy Breakfast show..."

Sob sob......:eek:
    web15-feature-gitmo-prisoners-580x345.png?itok=FDjE-d5a

We are not venting enough on this abomination. We need to drive the thread up to page 1 on google.

And go and give them a review on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

seagull wrote: »
    And go and give them a review on facebook.
    Only positive reviews though.

They delete negative ones.

Are they still goin on about their kids..??

It's actually worse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

At least Marty is off looking after junior Marty.

So the 10 o clock show isn't too bad.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    At least Marty is off looking after junior Marty.

So the 10 o clock show isn't too bad.

I think everyone here would wish that PD kept that slot..or maybe GG back there and let Morty do the late slot, better for the babies too......;)

Did you know they have 5 kids between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

Lucy gets Fridays off aww gonna miss her today....not!!!

• Advertisement

NO NO NO NO.............Had the displeasure of getting a lift from a mate this morning..this crap was on, omfg it was awful..i'd not listened for so long before so i thought ye might be exaggerating..but no, ...they had some pikey kid on singing, i made him change it after that.Its like a kids radio programme from 2fm.....be careful who you take a lift from.....he's no longer a mate..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭prunudo

I think everyone here would wish that PD kept that slot..or maybe GG back there and let Morty do the late slot, better for the babies too......;)

Today was PD's last day filling in for Marty, normal service returns Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did you know they have 5 kids between them?

Omg..I actually heard that intro this morning because nova was still on in the car from night before.

I'm now going to get into the habit of changing stations in the evening time so I'm not caught out again.

jvan wrote: »
    Today was PD's last day filling in for Marty, normal service returns Monday.

Yeah...time to tune out me thinks...shame really, waste of a good licence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

Test

Kamili wrote: »
    Only positive reviews though.

They delete negative ones.

No. My review is still there. There are 2 reviews, both a 1*. Look up colmandlucynova

seagull wrote: »
    No. My review is still there. There are 2 reviews, both a 1*. Look up colmandlucynova

Probably too busy swimming in their kiddy pools full of self-righteousness......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Caught some of the repeat show this mornin and they had a segment where they check their phone messages and everyone of them is actually Colm Hayes being a dick

Interesting.

So, did ***** get his lad out yet...only a matter of time...i can see the newspaper headlines in the future....:D

• Advertisement

It's official... They're killing nova

Advertisement