Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Digs wrote: »
    The first trimester has completely walloped me this time in comparison to my other two with tiredness and nausea, luckily in my case yesterday the scan only showed one heartbeat but you just never know! Are you feeling sick?

It has crossed my mind that maybe there is more than one :eek: In saying that it could just be different because it's a different pregnancy. I'm so floored though my OH has to come home early to look after Baby 1 as I physically can't look after him I've been so tired. I definitely feel more awake and refreshed today though so maybe it was just a rough few days :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Not having a great day, my boobs are not sore at all today and seemed to have shrunk back to normal size. Obviously google is bringing up the worst case scenarios but I have no pain/bleeding so hoping everything is going to be ok! Never knew how stressful these early weeks are!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

loriexxx wrote: »
    Not having a great day, my boobs are not sore at all today and seemed to have shrunk back to normal size. Obviously google is bringing up the worst case scenarios but I have no pain/bleeding so hoping everything is going to be ok! Never knew how stressful these early weeks are!

I'm the same, completely forgot the worry absence of symptoms brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Oops Dec 2018

Hey there ladies, found out the week before last that I'm due my 3rd in Dec (around 17th). Doc confirmed last week for me. All unplanned. 6 weeks now and nervous as hell about this for some reason. Feeling very very bloated this time round....don't recall this with others. Feeling ill too, which I never really felt before.
    Excited but scared I guess is how I'm feeling. Glad there is a forum going on this topic.

Hey there ladies, found out the week before last that I'm due my 3rd in Dec (around 17th). Doc confirmed last week for me. All unplanned. 6 weeks now and nervous as hell about this for some reason. Feeling very very bloated this time round....don't recall this with others. Feeling ill too, which I never really felt before.
    Excited but scared I guess is how I'm feeling. Glad there is a forum going on this topic.

This is my 3rd also and unplanned. Huge surprise. Feeling quite overwhelmed too.

• Advertisement

Hey Dizzymiss, glad to hear someone else in the same boat :-)

Hey Dizzymiss, glad to hear someone else in the same boat :-)

I'm wondering already how I'll manage them. Sometimes struggle with the two I have. My little girl starts school in September and my boy will be in preschool 5days so that'll help. He was born 2days before her first birthday so guessing if I could do that I can do this! Hoping anyway

Ah I think we will be grand Dizzymiss. I have a 3 year old and 1.5 year old so I know how you feel. It will be fine - just want these 6 weeks to pass fast now so I can breathe again.

Ah I think we will be grand Dizzymiss. I have a 3 year old and 1.5 year old so I know how you feel. It will be fine - just want these 6 weeks to pass fast now so I can breathe again.

I know the feeling. I just want to get to my first scan so I know all is okay. Feeling wrecked already. Fit for very little!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

Hi all, tentatively joining you! found out at the weekend that I'm pregnant - due around 27th Dec. It will be my second baby. i have a son who is 14 months. While it wasn't unplanned, it was a complete surprise. I've had 4 failed fertility treatments in the last 6 months but I conceived naturally last cycle. I was to start into another IVF cycle this month but I tested on Saturday just to rule it out and have a clear mind to focus on the IVF and got the shock of my life when I saw 'pregnant' on the screen! I had no symptoms until yesterday - boobs are killing me and major bloat going on. As well as a few stretching pains which I had on my first. I've an early scan on 11th May with the fertility clinic. So looking forward to seeing our little bean!

Hope you all are doing okay :) Exciting times ahead for us all :)

• Advertisement

ali_d wrote: »
    Hi all, tentatively joining you! found out at the weekend that I'm pregnant - due around 27th Dec. It will be my second baby. i have a son who is 14 months. While it wasn't unplanned, it was a complete surprise. I've had 4 failed fertility treatments in the last 6 months but I conceived naturally last cycle. I was to start into another IVF cycle this month but I tested on Saturday just to rule it out and have a clear mind to focus on the IVF and got the shock of my life when I saw 'pregnant' on the screen! I had no symptoms until yesterday - boobs are killing me and major bloat going on. As well as a few stretching pains which I had on my first. I've an early scan on 11th May with the fertility clinic. So looking forward to seeing our little bean!

Wow! What a lovely story. huge congratulations :)

Huge congratulations. All the more special.

I've some serious bloat also. And think I already look pregnant. Had to buy 2 new bras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Huge congrats Ali!! That’s an amazing surprise :)

I’m fooling no one with my belly, it wasn’t exactly washboard after the last two but it’s as if it’s assumed the position twice as fast this time. I’m not in much of a rush to tell everyone but am looking forward to not have to hide it anymore, I feel like I’m hiding it very badly!!

Digs in the same. I'm not gonna be able to his it for 12weeks.

Another question, we are due to go to Disneyland Paris on my 12th week with our two children. It's okay to fly right? Basically just wondering who if any of you have flown at this stage???

dizzymiss wrote: »
    Digs in the same. I'm not gonna be able to his it for 12weeks.

Another question, we are due to go to Disneyland Paris on my 12th week with our two children. It's okay to fly right? Basically just wondering who if any of you have flown at this stage???

No problem flying according to my consultant. I had to fly (short haul, Dub - Paris, Paris -Dub) nearly once a month until 34 weeks with Baby 1 :)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I know plenty of people who fly for work and did so during pregnancy. My best friend (who I've already told) is super cautious and has me freaked.

Ya know if it was any other trip I'd prob skip it but it's a super special trip. And the last we'll likely have for a while.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I know plenty of people who fly for work and did so during pregnancy. My best friend (who I've already told) is super cautious and has me freaked.

Ya know if it was any other trip I'd prob skip it but it's a super special trip. And the last we'll likely have for a while.

I honestly wouldn't worry. It is a really short flight too so you won't be in the air too long :) Enjoy your trip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭loriexxx

Does anyone else feel like time is going so slow, only found out I was pregnant just over 2 weeks ago and it’s been the longest two weeks of my life! I have booked an early scan next week for reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Hi all, tentatively joining this thread. Period was 3 days late yesterday and I took a first response test which showed up a faint pink line. Just did a clearblue digital one this evening to confirm and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks! According to my dates I am 4 weeks pregnant and baby will be due 28th December.
    We've been trying since December so while I wasn't shocked I wasn't really expecting a positive result when I did the test yesterday for some reason and was pleasantly surprised when the little pink line showed upðŸ˜
    Don't think its properly sunk in yet for either of us but feeling happy and a little bit anxious that everything will go ok as its so early into the pregnancy.
    This will be our first baby.
    So..I'm a bit clueless as to what to do next! Should I book an appointment with my GP straight away to have pregnancy confirmed or wait a week or so?
    Thanks and congratulations to everyone on their pregnanciesðŸ˜

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Hi all, tentatively joining this thread. Period was 3 days late yesterday and I took a first response test which showed up a faint pink line. Just did a clearblue digital one this evening to confirm and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks! According to my dates I am 4 weeks pregnant and baby will be due 28th December.
    We've been trying since December so while I wasn't shocked I wasn't really expecting a positive result when I did the test yesterday for some reason and was pleasantly surprised when the little pink line showed upðŸ˜
    Don't think its properly sunk in yet for either of us but feeling happy and a little bit anxious that everything will go ok as its so early into the pregnancy.
    This will be our first baby.
    So..I'm a bit clueless as to what to do next! Should I book an appointment with my GP straight away to have pregnancy confirmed or wait a week or so?
    Thanks and congratulations to everyone on their pregnanciesðŸ˜

Huge congrats :) I went to my GP straight away so that I could get registered for the combined care scheme. Plus I was so excited I wanted to have everything official!

I think everyone feels the same anxiety and feels like time is passing really slow!!

• Advertisement

Huge congrats :) I went to my GP straight away so that I could get registered for the combined care scheme. Plus I was so excited I wanted to have everything official!

I think everyone feels the same anxiety and feels like time is passing really slow!!

Thanks a mill I will ring the GP tomorrow and make an appointment just wasn't sure if it was too early or what I was meant to be doing! Combined care - I'll have to do a bit of reading up I haven't a clue. Its all a bit surreal at the moment, waiting for it to sink in properly!
    I've no symptoms at the moment apart from needing the loo about 10 times a day and a few mild cramps. I'm sure its all ahead though! Fingers crossed all going well
    How are u getting on?

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Thanks a mill I will ring the GP tomorrow and make an appointment just wasn't sure if it was too early or what I was meant to be doing! Combined care - I'll have to do a bit of reading up I haven't a clue. Its all a bit surreal at the moment, waiting for it to sink in properly!
    I've no symptoms at the moment apart from needing the loo about 10 times a day and a few mild cramps. I'm sure its all ahead though! Fingers crossed all going well
    How are u getting on?

Combined care is shared care between your GP and hospital. You'll get info about it from your GP. It's so exciting when it is your first :)

I have had really bad fatigue and cramping with a bit of bleeding, which was scary, but everything else seems perfect!

Combined care is shared care between your GP and hospital. You'll get info about it from your GP. It's so exciting when it is your first :)

I have had really bad fatigue and cramping with a bit of bleeding, which was scary, but everything else seems perfect!

Yeah I'm sure the GP will fill me in on the options. It seems combined care makes the most sense to save on traipsing in and out to the hospital. We'll probably go to the Coombe as its the handiest location wise and I've heard good reports from friends.

Oh sorry to hear about the bleeding I'm sure it was very scary but thankfully all ok. I see you have an 8 month old too so must be extra tough going on you dealing with fatigue as well fair play! Will be all worth it though x

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Is the combined care the midwife led program like Domino? I’m trying to decide if I should go private, public or domino (not sure if this is different to public?)
    How did everyone chose what route to take?

Is the combined care the midwife led program like Domino? I’m trying to decide if I should go private, public or domino (not sure if this is different to public?)
    How did everyone chose what route to take?

I've never heard of Domino, what is that?

With combined care I met with the midwife first during hospital visits for the routine checks and then I was scanned each time by the consultant. I had some difficulties last pregnancy and they were very good and brought me in for scans very often in the third trimester before inducing me at 37 weeks. I was public and had fantastic care. I was very lucky to be put under the main consultant though.

If I'm not under him this time I might consider seeing him privately, I'm going to wait and see.

Congrats Jezzabelle! I'm due around the same time as you!
    I confirmed with my GP this morning and I'm going public in CUMH. I had great care the last time so didn't consider private at all and I live too far away for the Domino scheme. And they're doing the big 20wk scans to almost everyone now but you have to push for it at the booking appointment. Just FYI in case anyone here is going there as well. I didn't get offered one in 2016 so got one done private.

I went public/midwives clinic in Galway with my last two pregnancies, 4 & 5 years ago. Can't really fault them. Had 20week scans with both. Thought that was the norm. Didn't realise people weren't getting them.

Booked a scan for 10weeks. And realised this morning no way I'll wait that long so booked one for 8weeks (2weeks time). My symptoms cone and go. Normal right??? I forget. I'd swear I was hanging over the toilet at this stage with the last two!!! Forgot about the worry that comes with early pregnancy!!!

dizzymiss I did get scanned at 20wks in CUMH but it wasn't the detailed anomaly scan that's generally given everywhere else. That scan was only given to women in high risk category or if you were just lucky. Bit unfair yes, but apparently they didn't have enough scanners/staff to offer to everyone. Seems to have changed now according to my gp but you have to push for it. It should be standard care in every hospital and not depend on where you live in my opinion.

dizzymiss I did get scanned at 20wks in CUMH but it wasn't the detailed anomaly scan that's generally given everywhere else. That scan was only given to women in high risk category or if you were just lucky. Bit unfair yes, but apparently they didn't have enough scanners/staff to offer to everyone. Seems to have changed now according to my gp but you have to push for it. It should be standard care in every hospital and not depend on where you live in my opinion.

Absolutely it should be standard. It's terrible that everyone woman and baby aren't offered the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I went public/midwives clinic in Galway with my last two pregnancies, 4 & 5 years ago. Can't really fault them. Had 20week scans with both. Thought that was the norm. Didn't realise people weren't getting them.

Booked a scan for 10weeks. And realised this morning no way I'll wait that long so booked one for 8weeks (2weeks time). My symptoms cone and go. Normal right??? I forget. I'd swear I was hanging over the toilet at this stage with the last two!!! Forgot about the worry that comes with early pregnancy!!!

My symptoms didn’t fully kick in until 6 weeks this time and holy hell, did they kick in then.
    Some days they do come and go but even at that they’re way more intense than my other two pregnancies so I suppose the saying every pregnancy is different is very true!

It’s really disgraceful every single woman in the country doesn’t get an anomaly scan as standard. I’d fight for one big time. Hopefully that changes soon.

Advertisement