Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

You'd see plenty of colourful shirts at the weekends, Norwich, Sunderland etc. You'd even see a few GAA shirts every year, Kerry, Tipp etc. So it wouldn't have been just around Coventry City man, I'd doubt anyone is that petty. Most of his shirts were retro ones anyway, so a slight cut above the norm you could argue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Decuc500

The whole thing just feels heavy handed because apart from Coventry lad, I cant think of anyone else who goes to snooker matches wearing football tops. I dont like em myself but doesnt bother me if that's the apparel that some people feel comfortable in. In this instance it's like they've introduced the rule for one spectator and his season ticket at the crucible is finising up this year anyway.

I remember watching an England international football match and the camera focused on the crowd after England scored and the Coventry Crucible fan was jumping around with a Shrek cuddly toy. He gets everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ah ok....wouldnt be really looking for the sports shirts so dont really notice them. Must say as much as I love my snooker and the whole spirit and tradition of The Crucible, the thought of spending 17 days stuck to a front row seat there is enough for my head to explode. I'm not that much of a purist! I would rather wish to stay in love with the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Havent noticed the "ton up" signs yet this year. Hopefully they've gone the way of that other monstrous invention they called "power snooker". What a great steaming pile of turd that was.

Agree with all you say. Hearn will just suit himself at any particular moment, capable of swinging anyway that fits his agenda. I've no doubt he'd love to see the world champs leave The Crucible but he knows the mass of support is overwhelmingly in the remain box so he goes along with that consensus for now. A clever guy, very manipulative and cynical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Id agree with most of the sentiment, but I'll also say that he probably is up for anything. Give it a lash, and if it's sh!te, then don't do it again. It's the entrepreneur in him I suppose.

Really think Luca just wants a quick death here and Ricky is struggling to oblige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

The football shirt ban was implented at the request of the tournament sponsors, Betfred. They didn't want rivals getting free exposure. Betway, for example appear on West Ham shirts and Skybet are sponsors of Coventry city.

Will all probably be academic as soon as gambling sponsorship is outlawed....reckon thats going to happen sooner rather than later. Wonder what snooker will do then?

• Advertisement

Robertson not looking much like a guy on his fourth visit to the Crucible. From the bits I've seen of the match he looks like a guy who's never held a cue in his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I doubt Walden will be in a final this year.

This Jack Lisowski is some potting machine. He has underachieved alot

ah jeasus a light bulb gone over the table, only in snooker lol

Has talent but don’t ever see him becoming a top player. An inferior version of Trump imho.

That light will be hard to fix, those are led panels. i want to see them fixing it though.

they are measuring the lumens on the dark part of the table now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That light will be hard to fix, those are led panels. i want to see them fixing it though.

they are measuring the lumens on the dark part of the table now haha

I Imagine they just replace the fitting instead. I imagine if they have some sense they'll have some on standby.

Nice break by Bingham to take the frame.

• Advertisement

Sickener for Jack. Really intriguing match now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭Inviere

The level of BBC coverage is gone to utter shite these days, no selection of table via the red button anymore?

Inviere wrote: »
    The level of BBC coverage is gone to utter shite these days, no selection of table via the red button anymore?

bbc iplayer with this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I hope Milkens beats Robertson, he is playing well at the moment stole the last frame off Robertson!

Not a Robertson fan so would like Rob to take him out and do justice to his ability here. There should be a commentator moratorium on “the milkman delivers” catchphrase though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I fancy Bingham to go through here. Lisowski is folding.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I literally hit “post” as Bingham Missed that red.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Fck me. Wasn’t expecting that.

Advertisement