Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah maybe he was going down for the other red which I still didn't think was the way to go. Much easier to get to the bottom red on the other side of the black I'd have thought.

Anyway had Higgins down for an easy win here so 4-5 would be a result for Un-Nooh. More life in this match than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Was that Higgins first century in the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,621 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

skipper_G wrote: »
    That shot from Williams was excellent, but more impressive was Hendry on commentary predicting he wouldn't look at the cue ball when taking the shot

I miss Hendry playing. Loved watching him.

6-3 Higgins it is and bit lucky it has to be said. Was beginning to contemplate the prospect of another shock in the top half of the draw but looking highly unlikely now.

Higgins on for another 147 here. 13 reds and 13 blacks.

Edit he missed 14th red!

Argh ignore me. Replay. Thought it was live with all the excitement! Ill go have a lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

spuddy90 wrote: »
    Was at the Robertson milkins on other table, poor standard . You certainly got the better match. Got glimpses of it. Lisowoksi looks to be well up for it. Have Higgins tomorrow evening. Great experience so far

Thought Milkins played well. Went for everything but missed a few which is to be expected. Started to miss more in the last. He will get nervous towards the winning line.

Are the seats comfortable for a long sitting? I think that's what would get me
    I have to say they are very comfortable for long matches. The mid session intervals don't be long coming around for a break aswell. First year here and very impressed overall. I will be back. Sheffield people really friendly and it's not too expensive. Looking forward to Higgins tonight. He will fancy winning it this year with Selby gone

• Advertisement

Are we going to see the other side of Milkins today? I've counted 6 gilt edged chances to win this opening frame so far. Robbo doesnt look on his game at all though.

Did I hear someone say that Robertson is playing with a new tip today? Big decision that if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Did I hear someone say that Robertson is playing with a new tip today? Big decision that if true.

When he walked off from the match last night the tv showed him looking closely at his tip and giving out stink. Looks like he mouthed 'ah fook'

That cushion first shot looked very iffy to me, red was a good bit out from the pocket. Bordering on reckless. Milkins still doesn't finish the job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Trump playing muck but still 3_0 up

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Can't see either of them going too far on what I've seen...

There's a good reason why Milkins is barely inside top 40 in the rankings and we're seeing why today. Robertson is there to be taken out but couldnt have any faith in him to do it.

• Advertisement

Not even sure you can describe Robertson as a "top" player anymore, as in top 5 or even 10. Never been his biggest fan I have to admit. Just being reminded of all that century of centuries stuff reminds me a little why. He won probably the softest world title ever in 2010, admittedly he can only beat what's put in front of him, and his overall world championship record is only mediocre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

he seems to spend a lot of time walking around the table - pre-shot routine BS - it bugs me

dball wrote: »
    he seems to spend a lot of time walking around the table - pre-shot routine BS - it bugs me

Walkabout, it's an Aussie thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Inviere

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Exactly. It bothers me that they bid to retain it at all then, if you're going to half-ass it, why bother? They clearly don't see any value in it, but there'll be wall to wall tennis on for Wimbledon, on BOTH channels! Obviously the audience is there for it, but by crippling Snooker coverage, they're guaranteeing the audience won't be there for it!
    They do, and have far more snooker coverage throughout the season than the BBC, which concentrates on the UK Championship, Masters, and World Championship. I think BBC Wales also covers the Welsh Open. But Eurosport covers many other tournaments as well.

So my dilemma is, go for a Smart DNS service so I can use the iPlayer, or go with Eurosport. Logistically, I'd prefer a DNS service as I can use my tv's etc to watch the Snooker, but with the Eurosport Player, I'm forced to use that on pc/tablet/etc I presume? Is there any way to cast the Eurosport Player to the tv from something like a phone? Or perhaps using Kodi (legally)?

Sorry for the off topic chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Chris Wakelin sets a new highest break for the tournament at 141. Absolutely brilliant clearance, he made it look so easy too. Pressure on Trump now, he has a game on his hands.

And it was his first century at the Crucible too!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Chris Wakelin sets a new highest break for the tournament at 141. Absolutely brilliant clearance, he made it look so easy too. Pressure on Trump now, he has a game on his hands.

And it was his first century at the Crucible too!

And his own personal highest ever break. Couldn't hide that smile at the end could he?

The sixth seed fallen on his sword. I think we must be approaching a record number at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Robertson is a bit of a mystery to me. I can't quite understand why he doesn't do better, much better. He's well capable. He seems to have an 'attitude'. I don't know what attitude, but an attitude. Maybe it's because just maybe he wanted to be the no.1 flash player and it hasn't worked out that way. He's been in the game a long while now and he doesn't seem to develop much. Maybe I'm being harsh but that's the way I see it.

• Advertisement

The sixth seed fallen on his sword. I think we must be approaching a record number at this stage.

8 seeds went out in round 1 in 1980, 1992 and 2012. 6 is still fairly rare though. As it stands at the moment only 5 of the top 10 are through. Trump and Higgins the other top 10s still to finish.

Assuming they win (I know, I know), 3 from the top 10 and 3 from 11-16 would have been knocked out.

Advertisement