Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

I suppose Allen more so because the two 'biggest beasts' in his quarter are out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Wilson and Williams have been in good form too for most of the season while Neil Robertson has had a kick up the hole since missing out on the masters and is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah as someone else alluded to, Allen would have assumed he'd be squaring up to Selby and Murphy and merely to reach a s/f. It's opened up for him more than anyone else though that does bring its own dangers with it.

For sure O'Sullivan, if he still has designs on the six or even the seven, has to know this is probably the best chance he's ever going to get, given his age profile. Whatever added motivation he might need, that's simply it right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I was just looking at the qualifier results there and saw that Jamie Cope is now an amateur, he was a great player back in the day. It seems he has developed the yips and cant seem to get past it. I feel sorry for him, such a waste of talent. Hope he overcomes it.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just bought tickets to see Ronnies game at 10am Friday :D

Cannot stand Dott so hoping for a Carter comeback or Ronnie to give him a good pasting in the first session.

Any chance of giving us a paragraph on your experience after you have been over there, stuff like atmosphere, beer prices, food prices, ticket cost, accommodation, how close you were to the table. Any thing u can think of..

I was never at the worlds and its definitely on my to do list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

How long has this frame being going on for now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

How long has this frame being going on for now.

It’s hard to watch. I’m seriously considering Changing channel.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Good to see Carrington making a match of it here, but that safety he played near the balk line was awful and deserved really to be punished for it. Negative safety shots are becoming a bigger feature of the game it seems to me, players just so fearful of leaving any sort of pot on they are reluctant to try anything even half adventurous.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Yeah as someone else alluded to, Allen would have assumed he'd be squaring up to Selby and Murphy and merely to reach a s/f. It's opened up for him more than anyone else though that does bring its own dangers with it.

For sure O'Sullivan, if he still has designs on the six or even the seven, has to know this is probably the best chance he's ever going to get, given his age profile. Whatever added motivation he might need, that's simply it right there.

I’m tempted to throw a fiver on Higgins.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Brian? wrote: »

First frame I've watched this year... what a baptism!

I’m tempted to throw a fiver on Higgins.

Wouldn't put you off. Reckon there's really only 5 players who can win it and he's very much one of them. A Higgins-Trump s/f would be a good spectacle I think. Judd can pretty much lose to anybody but should really make it if he's at all with it.

Neil Roberson vs Mark Allen in final, thats my prediction

we are in for a late night with the carrington hawkeye match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Agree the Eurosport player is handy and doesn't break the bank for coverage you can rely on. Wish they didn't have Dominic Dale on board though!

Haven't seen a massive amount yet, but enjoying what I have. Glad to catch the last frame of Murphy/Jones earlier!

Have been lucky to be at The Crucible the last two years but giving it a miss this year. Keeping the interest going with some small bets. Have been successful so far with the young Chinese player who beat Fu, had Jamie Jones to win against Murphy and am also keeping a close eye on Carrington tonight!

Hopeful it's Mark Allen's year, and also have him backed to win the tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,498 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ive just done so. Ill flick back later. Love a tactical frame but nah.

Some very poor shots being played here. Ive seen better in Spawell.

we are in for a late night with the carrington hawkeye match

One for the purists!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Like Terry Griffiths v Eddie Charlton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I turned on something else then checked the website and it said it was still 7-6 and I was cursing the crappy live scoring for being delayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

8 - 6 now

Am thoroughly enjoying it and praying for a decider.

And wasn’t poor Fergal out in the first match on the Saturday morning after it? Never had a chance really.

• Advertisement

Advertisement