Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene I - Heroes for hire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash steps forward.

'Equals, here mates. The High Elf has amazing contacts, Old Drow face has the slavery experience... I'm the brute force to keep these bastards in check.'

He kicks one of the dwarves in the arse to make his point.

'Who you folks work for? Maybe we can arrange some sort of deal? Give you this lot as a freebie if we can sign up with your crowd... desert has slim pickings, but the High Elf there spotted a crowd outside that lad Bendyarse's temple... can give your boss the details?'

"Freebie!" Sarric exclaims, "I cannot allow that to happen, we would want one or two of the horse people in exchange for this lot, to help acquire more of the silly dwarfs."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    "Eighteen hours North lad, get some rest if ye need it, we can guide the camels."

They begin to ride out.

The next morning Mags arrives at the temple.
    "Oi,templers, didja see any travelers lately?"
    Learning of the plans of the troupe Mags and the guards follow on till they eventually spy the group ahead at the oasis. However, something seems to be wrong. His companions have captured some dwarfs and seem to be trading them.
    "Dirty slave whoreson bastartds!" Mags talks in low whispers to the caravan guards. "I can't let this happen. Lets work up a plan to free the dwarfs and deal some justice on those backstabbing slavery mucktards!"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Dirty slave whoreson bastartds!" Mags talks in low whispers to the caravan guards. "I can't let this happen. Lets work up a plan to free the dwarfs and deal some justice on those backstabbing slavery mucktards!"
    "And they seemed noble to boot" says on of the guards.

"I feel for you master bard" says another "but we don't fight for justice in general, we've families at home, we only fight for Zassan....though it is a noble cause."

OOC: Mags, Charisma roll.

sKeith wrote: »
    "Freebie!" Sarric exclaims, "I cannot allow that to happen, we would want one or two of the horse people in exchange for this lot, to help acquire more of the silly dwarfs."
    The leader eyes Sarric.

"A high elf, a slaver?" he says dismounting.

"The drow I believe, but not you. Prove it, beat one of the dwarves."

The leader eyes Sarric.

"A high elf, a slaver?" he says dismounting.

"The drow I believe, but not you. Prove it, beat one of the dwarves."

"I won't he touching any of them, that what goldie over there is for, each piece of the machine has a job, and mine is not to go near the merchandise. Its to line up new acquizitions, and i do believe we will need a few more hands" eyeing over to a few of the folk on horseback " to get the next haul of silly dwarfs i seen just south, becuase i won't be doing any of the grunt work myself."

"hey goldie, kick that one there for me, will you.", pointing at any of the dwarfs at random.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    "hey goldie, kick that one there for me, will you.", pointing at any of the dwarfs at random.

Goldie whispers to the dwarf:

'Sorry about this old chap.'

He boots him up the arse again, then draws his scimitar.

'Want me to kill 'im, boss?'

The leader of the slavers holds up his hand.

"That won't necessary. A slave has value. I understand your meaning high elf, forgive my skepticism, your kind is rare in this work, you're the first I've met.

We will take you to meet our boss.

What of the Zassanite solidiers nearby? They are with a Half-Orc. Are they part of your group?"

"Belay the killing, it seems this this guy mightn't be a serious buyer for these freaks, and why harm our merchandise for these job sniffers. We may have to find better buyers for our merchendise elsewhere and a live dwarf is worth more than a dead one."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    What of the Zassanite solidiers nearby? They are with a Half-Orc. Are they part of your group?"

Vrakrash pauses.

'Zassanites are part of our infantry to assist the capture. The Half-Orc is our entertainment. But would fetch a fair price, an exceptional bard.'

"A bard, do you mean somebody who merely livens up a tavern, or one who hears the voice of creation?"

• Advertisement

Sarric looks at the main slaver and the other 11 slavers and trys to guage how outnumbered they are currently.
    OOC: percieving temperments and weapons.

Fourier wrote:
    "A bard, do you mean somebody who merely livens up a tavern, or one who hears the voice of creation?"

'Usually we have the latter... but this one... I think they are a mixture of both.

And eccentric to boot. Makes for the best songs and rhymes I find.'

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric looks at the main slaver and the other 11 slavers and trys to guage how outnumbered they are currently.
    OOC: percieving temperments and weapons.
    Besides the leader, the men are armed with standard desert fare, bows and scimitars. Eight of them look like simple thugs handed a weapon (OOC: Level 0), but three have the gait and poise of somebody with martial training (OOC: Level 1-2 Fighters). The leader gives off a magical air, but Sarric cannot get a read on exactly which form, though the branding suggests some form of Cleric.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Usually we have the latter... but this one... I think they are a mixture of both.

And eccentric to boot. Makes for the best songs and rhymes I find.'
    "A rare gift, very rare. We know of a buyer who would pay premium for such talent. Would you be interested?"

"A rare gift, very rare. We know of a buyer who would pay premium for such talent. Would you be interested?"

'I'm always interested in coin, my friend. Let us discuss it with your master when we get there.'

"And these two, a Teifling correct. Not common either. And this..."

He walks toward Retula.

"...some kind of elf, what is she?"

OOC: Stopping there.

"And they seemed noble to boot" says on of the guards.

"I feel for you master bard" says another "but we don't fight for justice in general, we've families at home, we only fight for Zassan....though it is a noble cause."

OOC: Mags, Charisma roll.
    OOC:Rolz a 22 (19+3)
    "OK guys, here is the play. Whoever is the sneekiest of us slinks into the camp and frees the dwarves from their bonds while the rest of us charge around outside the camp raising a ruckus. When the dwarves are free we will have those slaving-traiding motherfeckers trapped between us and our irate dwarven allies so we simply close the pincer, move in and mop up.
    I know it sounds easier that it'll actually be but we have Righteousness and Valour and Courage and dammit it all we will have JUSTICE!"

Mags iterates his speachifying with dramatic war-drumming on his tuned armor and casts Bardic Inspiration on whoever is chosen to be the sneakiest thief like among the guards.

Vrakrash makes his way in the directon of Mags and the Zassanite soldiers. He can hear the beating of the tuned armor and sighs.

As he approaches, he looks at Mags.

'What are you up to, bard? We have a plan to infiltrate the slavers and tear them apart from within. The dwarves are privy to our plan. You want in, you'll have to play up that we are slavers and this is our militia.'

He explains in a low voice the full plan to the group.

After some scepticism and a lot of mistrust Mags grudgingly accepts that the mother****ers might not be mother****ers after all though his battlerage is still fierce.
    "However, that plan is simultaneously both half-arsed and needlessly complicated. Lets just kill 'em all and move on till we find another group of slavers...then we'll kill them too."

The Zassanite soldiers, now devoted to Mags, nod in agreement.

"Dragon the plan is risky, Mags is right, we just kill them where we stand."

All the soldiers look tense, grasping at their blades, thirsty to deliver the bard's justice.

• Advertisement

After some scepticism and a lot of mistrust Mags grudgingly accepts that the mother****ers might not be mother****ers after all though his battlerage is still fierce.
    "However, that plan is simultaneously both half-arsed and needlessly complicated. Lets just kill 'em all and move on till we find another group of slavers...then we'll kill them too."

'Think of the coin within the fortress, and the slaves we can free Mags... we could be heralded as heroes.

Sate your bloodlust for now, once we lull them into a false sense of security, we rip them apart from within and plunder their entire stores for ourselves.

And free some slaves to boot.'

Mags turns to his loyal troops. "OK boys, lets see how this plays out. We'll stop here and watch things develop. Set a watch and put an edge on your swords, gonna need them soon. I'm going over to check on the dwarves to see how they feel about this plan."
    Mags walks back with Vrakrash to the slave encampment.

OOC: How many guards are in my little mercenary gang?

Mags composes a new ballad as he walks,
    #Mother of Slaves, Mother****er of slaves#
    all about a pretty queen who frees some slaves then feeds them to her dragons.

OOC: How many guards are in my little mercenary gang?
    OOC: Six

OldGoat wrote:
    Mags turns to his loyal troops. "OK boys, lets see how this plays out. We'll stop here and watch things develop. Set a watch and put an edge on your swords, gonna need them soon. I'm going over to check on the dwarves to see how they feel about this plan." Mags walks back with Vrakrash to the slave encampment.

Vrakrash introduces Mags to the slavers.

'Our bard. Given their value.. we find it best to leave them untied. Powers within the bard work best when unthreatened. The guards are the protection for our most valuable asset.

As for these two...'

He gestures to Therai and Retula.

'A tiefling yes. And a genuine shadow elf. As you can see, we have some prize slaves in our party which would be of interest to your own master.

Shall we head out to meet them?'

Vrakrash hopes to use the distraction for Mags to talk to the dwarves.

Mags makes it to the dwarves without much interest from the slavers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"And these two, a Teifling correct. Not common either. And this..."

He walks toward Retula.

"...some kind of elf, what is she?"
    "What kind? The bald kind! The 'sick of being on the back of a camel' kind. The 'untie me now or you will rue the day' kind. Look, there's clearly been like some kind of mistake? I mean with my complexion, it's not that unsual for me to wake up hog tied with a bunch of dwarves but usually I'm given a safe word and stuff?"

She mentally reminds her Raven to keep an eye on the route they've taken and to follow but not to draw suspicion. Given her outlander background and the connection to the Raven's sense, she should have an encyclopedic knowledge of the route from the Temple to the Slaver facility for the way home.

Mags talks with the bound dwarves and shakes his head as they tell him that they actually are invested in this plan. He whispers to them "I hope you have concealed weapons and rotten rope bonds at least. When the time comes for a fight join forces with the guards over in wreaking havoc."
    He moves about the camp, walking up softfooted and quietly behind slavers when he can and growling menacingly, just to see them jump and keep them a little off balance.

Banjo wrote: »
    "What kind? The bald kind! The 'sick of being on the back of a camel' kind. The 'untie me now or you will rue the day' kind. Look, there's clearly been like some kind of mistake? I mean with my complexion, it's not that unsual for me to wake up hog tied with a bunch of dwarves but usually I'm given a safe word and stuff?"
    "A few months in the pits will temper this one's mouth." He punches Retula in the face intending to knock out some teeth, but is frustrated when she only bleeds slightly.

"Come then let us be off to our fortress. Place bags over the dwarves' heads, can't have escapees knowing where we are. Elf and Tiefling the same. I want the Tiefling on a camel some distance from us.....they are an ill omen. The bard may walk freely. The drow with us, our master will want to speak to him first, a member of a race of slavers would have much to teach us."

• Advertisement

He moves about the camp, walking up softfooted and quietly behind slavers when he can and growling menacingly, just to see them jump and keep them a little off balance.
    The slavers jump, but seem to enjoy the joke more than anything.

Advertisement