Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Scarlets - Preview Sat 3:30 Sky Sports Action

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I haven't seen the stats, but we must have restricted scarlets to only one or two turn overs..... I can recall the Beirne maul in the first few minutes but none after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What a privilege to be there today.

Henshaw blew me away. I thought he was just incredible. JGP did really well, plenty of variety and snappy service.

I'll be absolutely raging if McFadden misses the final because of that challenge. He was having a stormer (stupid knock-on aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a privilege to be there today.

Henshaw blew me away. I thought he was just incredible. JGP did really well, plenty of variety and snappy service.

I'll be absolutely raging if McFadden misses the final because of that challenge. He was having a stormer (stupid knock-on aside).
    I'm not sure it was an injury because of the challenge.

I think it was a hamstring, (though I could be wrong). Seemed to be holding that area, and made a weird twitch with his hand just prior to diving for the score. The Scarlets player didn't make any contact with his right leg, which I think he was holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just back from the Aviva. Some day some performance!

Johnny was so good today. Henshaw excellent. Vardy well deserved motm.

What a day. Fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is there a repeat or highlight show tonight?

I was at Warhorse, the stage show, not about CJ Stander!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is there a repeat or highlight show tonight?

I was at Warhorse, the stage show, not about CJ Stander!

Sky sports arena at 11:10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Quite a few pints deep but Robbie Henshaw is absolutely world class

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Incredible stuff today. Possibly touching the heights of 2011/12. So bloody happy after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

I was thinking this morning that there was a good chance we’d blow them away but was afraid to say it.

This Leinster team is something else. And I think it’s down to Ryan and Leavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Just back from the Aviva. Some day some performance!

Johnny was so good today. Henshaw excellent. Vardy well deserved motm.

What a day. Fantastic stuff.

Vardy party!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Leinster are very good at rugby, that is all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Watched it on the TV earlier...hats off to Leinster...very impressive. All due respect to Munster and Racing but I'll be amazed if you don't have a 4th star on the jersey next season.

James Ryan is incredible. The link up play between him and Fardy (best NIQ signing for any province for a few years?) for Fardy's try was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

bilston wrote: »
    Watched it on the TV earlier...hats off to Leinster...very impressive. All due respect to Munster and Racing but I'll be amazed if you don't have a 4th star on the jersey next season.

James Ryan is incredible. The link up play between him and Fardy (best NIQ signing for any province for a few years?) for Fardy's try was great.
    Likewise for Ulster. Glasgow is some scalp to get and an even better one with a TBP. Wonder was the whole trial thing holding ye back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Ryan is looking to be just an unreal player. I suspected we would wait for years to see a player to be as good never mind a better 2r than POC. I was wrong. I think he will be even better. If he is also a leader in the POC mould then he will be imperious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

jacothelad wrote: »
    Ryan is looking to be just an unreal player. I suspected we would wait for years to see a player to be as good never mind a better 2r than POC. I was wrong. I think he will be even better. If he is also a leader in the POC mould then he will be imperious.
    Extraordinary player. It's hard to imagine that he's got more to learn. Was U20 captain, so it's probably in his future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

If he does it for about another 10 seasons then we can call him possibly better than POC but you're right in that the sky is the limit for him. He could be a Lions captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Incredible stuff today. Possibly touching the heights of 2011/12. So bloody happy after that.

Honestly, I'd say this is a better team overall. We may not win the title but we've never had as good a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He is potentially our greatest player in the making. I say that as someone who has followed him for a few years from underage, he's utterly exceptional and has looked better than any other lock at every level despite his age.

That's back to back European knock out games where he was arguably the best player on the field at 21 years of age. If he can sustain this level (which is a massive if) he's going to be an utterly exceptional player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

And has yet to lose a game of professional rugby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Stuart Barnes mentioned it himself on commentary but:

Montpellier who are top of the Top14 - beaten home and away
    Glasgow who are top of their Pro14 Conference - beaten home and away
    Exeter who are top of the Premiership and defending champions - beaten home and away
    Saracens who are second in the Premiership and going for 3 in a row in Europe and two of the last 3 premierships - beaten
    Scarlets who are second in their Pro14 conference and defending champs - beaten

And now either the team second in their Pro14 conference or third in the Top14. Barnes said on paper it's in theory the easiest game!

Can't think of any harder route to victory in previous years, especially unbeaten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭baas baa

Buer wrote: »
    Honestly, I'd say this is a better team overall. We may not win the title but we've never had as good a team.

That's a tough one. I'd have to go with 11/12 side. Healy, Strauss, Nacewa, SOB, Heaslip and Kearney at the peak of their powers. Furlong, Ryan/Fardy and Henshaw are the only players in this side I'd say have a clear superiority over their counterparts from that era. With all fit this side probably has the better 23 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great atmosphere in the ground today. Leinster were just clinical. They'll be very hard to stop. That's a good Scarlets side.

Looking at Tadhg Beirne in the 2nd half he looked very tired, was always the last player to get back onside. Looks like he could do with a good rest.

Hopefully Munster do the business tomorrow.

Highlights are on tg4 player on saorview connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Still trying to decide if we were so good, we just didn’t give them a chance. Or if Scarlet’s failed to show up. Maybe the Irish thing in me, where I don’t like to get ahead of myself. I can think of bad moments in play, but can’t think of one bad performance today. We just seemed so comfortable, both with ball in hand and without. Even with all the injuries and the knock on effects, there aren’t really any weak links in the team. Despite the one knock on Ferg (many peoples choice for a weaklink) had a great game. We maybe suffered a little for the lack of pace out wide with him an Isa, but not to a worrying degree. Our pack is so good, even with all the big injuries in the back row, it most be the best pack in Europe. There is a genuine hunger in this team that’s very visible through out. I think Fardy deserved motm but then so did Henshaw and James Ryan. What a superb performance today.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Still trying to decide if we were so good, we just didn’t give them a chance. Or if Scarlet’s failed to show up. Maybe the Irish thing in me, where I don’t like to get ahead of myself. I can think of bad moments in play, but can’t think of one bad performance today. We just seemed so comfortable, both with ball in hand and without. Even with all the injuries and the knock on effects, there aren’t really any weak links in the team. Despite the one knock on Ferg (many peoples choice for a weaklink) had a great game. We maybe suffered a little for the lack of pace out wide with him an Isa, but not to a worrying degree. Our pack is so good, even with all the big injuries in the back row, it most be the best pack in Europe. There is a genuine hunger in this team that’s very visible through out. I think Fardy deserved motm but then so did Henshaw and James Ryan. What a superb performance today.

Think Leinster didn't let scarlets play. Kept them from getting into the touch-15m channel and Leinster didn't really compete at the breakdown on Scarlets ball. In 2nd half on numerous occasions scarlets would have 4 or 5 guys in the ruck and Leinster had 15 players on their feet.

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Think Leinster didn't let scarlets play. Kept them from getting into the touch-15m channel and Leinster didn't really compete at the breakdown on Scarlets ball. In 2nd half on numerous occasions scarlets would have 4 or 5 guys in the ruck and Leinster had 15 players on their feet.

Yeah I noticed that and it wasn’t till around the 60 min mark before Scarlets coped on and tried to attack through the ruck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Got serious grief in my block for getting pints

I stopped going to matches because people asking me to get up so they could get pints and take a piss annoyed the crap out of me. The really annoying thing is when they do it when the ball is in play. Why can't they wait for the ball to be out of play? Really annoying and delighted you got grief. If you are more interested in pints watch it in a pub.

I stopped going to matches because people asking me to get up so they could get pints and take a piss annoyed the crap out of me. The really annoying thing is when they do it when the ball is in play. Why can't they wait for the ball to be out of play? Really annoying and delighted you got grief. If you are more interested in pints watch it in a pub.

In a less aggressive sense :pac: I just don’t get why people go to matches if they can’t last 40 mins without a pint. Would the pub not be a better bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

You sound like great company

I paid good money for my seats and in no way am I going to apologise for having a pint and watching the game.

If you can't move your legs for 1 second every 40 minutes that's completely your problem and frankly pathetic

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You sound like great company

I paid good money for my seats and in no way am I going to apologise for having a pint and watching the game.

If you can't move your legs for 1 second every 40 minutes that's completely your problem and frankly pathetic

It ain't 1 second every 40. Munster game in October was a procession. Every 2 or 3 minutes

Advertisement